“shells in the crabmeat and a dirty plate” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Bakery, French
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Fairfax, Virginia
“shells in the crabmeat and a dirty plate”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Well this was to expensive to end up with a shells in my crabmeat on a dirty plate. I had the Chesapeake Benidect. It arrived on a dirty plate that had red stuff on the top lip of the plate. Not sure what it was. The whole plate was just gunky like they handled it all over it was smeared with red juice or something and there was not anything red in my order. The crabmeat what there was of it had shells all through it. I had to keep spitting them out in my napkin. The hollansiase sauce was pretty bland. It was not bad but it was not really good either.

The waiter was really good and very attentive and kept refilling my tea so that was much better than the first time I went there.

So I have been here twice the first time the waiter was an idiot. He was either the worst waiter or his first day in a restaurant speaking/understanding Engllish. I will not be going here again unless I'm invited there by a group of friends.

The atmosphere was an eclectic mix of antique, rustic and whimsy.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

54% Recommend
Centreville, Virginia
“always a favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Great breakfast selections and good fresh salads. this place has a nice atmosphere any time of day. They offer an amazing selection of desserts. Prices are a little high, but the food is quality.

Visited February 2013
Fairhope, Alabama
“Nice place to meet. Bring your wallet.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

Upscale, pretentious breakfast fare in a very nice setting. Great place to splurge for breakfast. Quiet in the morning. I've not been there for lunch or dinner. I will find the right occasion to come back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Fairfax, Virginia
“Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Nice atmosphere for lunch or dinner. It does get crowded sometimes at dinner though. I like the variety of different sandwiches and the option to have breakfast items for dinner. Good variety of pastries and drinks.

Visited February 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“We liked it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

We went for a late breakfast/early lunch on a weekday, so while they were mildly busy, it wasn't a particularly busy time. That said, the service was very good - attentive, friendly, helpful and professional. Actually, much better service than I was expecting in an "egg joint."

The atmosphere is nice - mildly upscale, suburban casual, but not overdone - it is an "egg joint," after all. It was a cold day, and the huge roaring fireplace in the middle of the room was a nice touch.

The food was very good. A large menu (maybe a bit too large) of casual dishes, from burgers and sandwiches to salads, soups, and of course eggs just about any way you can imagine them. They have about 10 different types of Eggs Benedict, and a large number of very creative-sounding dishes that makes me want to come back and try them. They serve all-day breakfast, too. Everything we ate was well-prepared and tasty. Was it gourmet-quality, haute cuisine? No, it was eggs, burgers, etc., so the standards are a bit different, but we genuinely enjoyed it, and asked ourselves why we hadn't been here before. I give it a high likelihood that we will come back when we find ourselves in the area again.

• Visited February 2013