“Crazy Busy on Saturday Morning” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Bakery, French
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Raleigh, NC
“Crazy Busy on Saturday Morning”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Very busy, but service was very good. The food was promptly served and it was hot when delivered. Tons of egg dishes (Duh!) and the coffee was good, too. Well worth the trip!

Visited August 2012

Centreville, Virginia
“great salads and kid friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Took son and wife to eggspectations yesterday for late lunch. We all had salads and they were great. I had avocado chicken, husband had eggspectations salad - a chef - daughter-in-law had berry chicken salad. Impressed with the service - grandson's mac and cheese came first and made him and us very happy. This is a noisy place thus, very kid friendly. Feel free to bring the toddlers -they can be loud and it wont annoy anyone.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Virginia
“Great idea -- quality of service and food can be improved”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

I've eaten at this restaurant twice in the past 3 months. The first time was lunch with my workplace team. The food was good, and the waiter was able to adjust one dish for my solo for dinner. I ate at the bar. I had several concerns. Papers and napkins at the counter next to me weren't removed throughout my dinner. I was waited on by 2 young women who were cleaning/setting up and waiting on personnel. I ordered a beer. After a long wait, I asked them what the holdup was. They got a waiter to bring my beer. I ordered the chicken pasta with lemon. Although good, one part of the chicken looked undercooked -- so I didn't eat that part. The dish was under=seasoned. Not enough lemon, nor herbs/spices. Nobody checked on me while I was eating. There were many restaurant personnel milling around talking and laughing. My overall impression was that nobody cared about making my meal an enjoyable experience. A manager was nearby but he made no attempt to speak with me. On the good side, there was a musician playing in the bar who was very good. Overall, I think they need to work on service and consistency.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Dinner with a side of BUGS”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

My family and I recently went to the Chantilly eggspectations for the first time in years. It took forever for us to get our food even though the place was basically empty and when we did get it the dudgeon my moms was missing and my sausage was tough. Rather than cutting the links for the construction pancake in half they simply stuck whole links between the pancakes! While we were waiting for our food I saw a bug crawling on the wall by the bar and after the food arrived saw another crawling on our table! We will not be returning there. Don't waste your time and money there. However the one in Leesburg seems to be much better quality. I doubt we'll ever eat here again. NOT worth it.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Sterling, Virginia, United States
“menu has a really nice mix”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

This place has all your meals in one place all day. I am a regular here and have never had a bad dish. Casual atmosphere, with really good fresh food.

Visited March 2012