“Great idea -- quality of service and food can be improved” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Bakery, French
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Virginia
“Great idea -- quality of service and food can be improved”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

I've eaten at this restaurant twice in the past 3 months. The first time was lunch with my workplace team. The food was good, and the waiter was able to adjust one dish for my solo for dinner. I ate at the bar. I had several concerns. Papers and napkins at the counter next to me weren't removed throughout my dinner. I was waited on by 2 young women who were cleaning/setting up and waiting on personnel. I ordered a beer. After a long wait, I asked them what the holdup was. They got a waiter to bring my beer. I ordered the chicken pasta with lemon. Although good, one part of the chicken looked undercooked -- so I didn't eat that part. The dish was under=seasoned. Not enough lemon, nor herbs/spices. Nobody checked on me while I was eating. There were many restaurant personnel milling around talking and laughing. My overall impression was that nobody cared about making my meal an enjoyable experience. A manager was nearby but he made no attempt to speak with me. On the good side, there was a musician playing in the bar who was very good. Overall, I think they need to work on service and consistency.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

50% Recommend
“Dinner with a side of BUGS”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

My family and I recently went to the Chantilly eggspectations for the first time in years. It took forever for us to get our food even though the place was basically empty and when we did get it the dudgeon my moms was missing and my sausage was tough. Rather than cutting the links for the construction pancake in half they simply stuck whole links between the pancakes! While we were waiting for our food I saw a bug crawling on the wall by the bar and after the food arrived saw another crawling on our table! We will not be returning there. Don't waste your time and money there. However the one in Leesburg seems to be much better quality. I doubt we'll ever eat here again. NOT worth it.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Sterling, Virginia, United States
“menu has a really nice mix”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

This place has all your meals in one place all day. I am a regular here and have never had a bad dish. Casual atmosphere, with really good fresh food.

Visited March 2012
Centreville, Virginia
“Good for business breakfast meetings”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

I've eaten at Eggspectations for breakfast several times and never been disappointed. The decors is eclectic but classy. Food is fresh and arrives quickly. Service is good. Back room is great for small business meetings (up to 25 or so).

Visited April 2012
Dumfries, Virginia
“Good food for a Sat morning or anytime”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

The food was delicious and the customer service was excellent. I went with a large group and our food was served hot and with a smile.