“Always consistantly great food” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Doing business
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Fairfax, Virginia
“Always consistantly great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

We have eaten here about 9 or 10 times and the food is always great. The steaks are cooked just how you order it and I have never had any fat or gristle on them. The green beans are cooked with bacon so they are not the best slow cooked southern style but, they are pretty close. I can't say enough good about this place. Only one time we had bad service and it really wasn't her fault she kept bringing us unsweetened tea when we ordered sweetened. Someone in the back apparently mixxed the big pots of tea up so she said that was why it kept happening 3 times in a row. Other than that the service had been fast the steaks great and the atmosphere fun. This is not a fancy steak house but, I'm sure you will not be disapointed with your visit.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Manassas, Virginia
“Not my favorite but it'll do in a pinch”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

My sweetheart loves this place. Although the last two times we've been there it's been a disappointment. The last time, although he selected his steak when we walked in and was given his ticket, when the food was presented -- it was a steak 1/2 the size (and a different cut) than what he ordered.

The manager DID comp the steak and was very nice.

However, the sides came out wrong the first time, the waiter couldn't get the drink order right, and at the end of the meal he at first double charged our card for the meal, then canceled and re-rang the order. Which is fine, but we generally use a debit card - so you're out TWICE the amount until the bank clears that up.

Just a general incompetence all around.

I find their use of spices heavy-handed and find everything there to be oversalted. Oh, and no one in that kitchen knows the difference between Medium, Medium Rare, Rare, Medium Well and Well Done steaks. It's a crap shoot whenever you order. (even though the wait staff has been trained to 'remind' you what you're ordering....)

Visited August 2012
Virginia
“Consistent food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

I have been her for dinner many times. I have never been disappointed. I typically order the chicken finger dinner or a sirloin steak with creamy horseradish on the side. The steak is surprising tender and has very little fat. Both entries are consistently good and priced right. I love the baked sweet potato (which I order with just plain butter and the steamed veggies (broccoli and carrots). Peanuts are also on the table to eat while waiting. The rolls are great also. The restaurant can get a little noisy, but they typically honor my request to sit in a back booth. Service is consistent and always good. The menu has lots of choices. I will come back again.

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“good food for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

tasty food without spending too much.
good service too. nice tv's by the bar.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Good steaks - great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

We come here for the drinks. they are fantastic. But the steaks are very good and you can pick your own out in advance. 32 oz sirloin is huge.

Service is always well, staff is friendly and we truly enjoyed our stay!

• Visited July 2012