“This is as close to authentic indian food that you can get” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Takeout, Buffet
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“This is as close to authentic indian food that you can get”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I love indian food and have found it a challenge finding authentic indian cuisine in the States, but Minerva in Chantilly definitely hits the spot! They actually cook the spices with the food, rather than adding the 'heat' at the end, which totally destroys and overpowers the flavor of a dish. I highly recommend them!

Visited February 2013

Virginia
“Very Good for Take Out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

Minerva is our go-to location for take out Indian near our home. We've got their number programmed into the cell-phones. We'll call ahead from the car and stop by on our way home after a long day out and about. We really enjoy the garlic naan bread and have never had a bad main course. I like their butter chicken and chicken korma.

Visited June 2012
Chantilly, Virginia
“Nice Indian good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I kind of liked this place. Very good on pocket and nice mix of North and South Indian dishes. My my friends and my wife loves eating at this place. They offer lunch as buffet.

Visited June 2012
Haymarket, Virginia, USA
“Okay Indian food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

The location is in a strip mall, like many places in NOVA. The food was pretty good. We ordered tandoori chicken for my kids and they really enjoyed it. My husband ordered a lamb and spinach dish (I can't remember the name of it, maybe palak) and it was tasty. I had the chicken vindaloo. And we ordered lots of naan (plain, garlic, and onion--onion was my favorite).

Visited September 2011
Reston, VA
“The expansive buffet is amazing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

The buffet at this Indian restaurant is well-tended and because, at least when I've been there, the crowds ensure quick turnover of the most delicate items. Fortunately, a lot of Indian food, particularly those with sauces, lends itself well to being held on buffet tables. Service is friendly. Most of the time I have no idea what it is that I am eating, but nearly everything I have tried has been good to very good. Friends unfamiliar with Indian food usually really enjoy it here, because, with the buffet, they can work their way gradually into a variety of dishes. It's a good place for an office lunch because the buffet makes for a fairly quick sit-down meal if time is limited.

Visited March 2012