“Nice Indian good” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Takeout, Buffet
Chantilly, Virginia
“Nice Indian good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I kind of liked this place. Very good on pocket and nice mix of North and South Indian dishes. My my friends and my wife loves eating at this place. They offer lunch as buffet.

Visited June 2012

Haymarket, Virginia, USA
“Okay Indian food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

The location is in a strip mall, like many places in NOVA. The food was pretty good. We ordered tandoori chicken for my kids and they really enjoyed it. My husband ordered a lamb and spinach dish (I can't remember the name of it, maybe palak) and it was tasty. I had the chicken vindaloo. And we ordered lots of naan (plain, garlic, and onion--onion was my favorite).

Visited September 2011
Reston, VA
“The expansive buffet is amazing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

The buffet at this Indian restaurant is well-tended and because, at least when I've been there, the crowds ensure quick turnover of the most delicate items. Fortunately, a lot of Indian food, particularly those with sauces, lends itself well to being held on buffet tables. Service is friendly. Most of the time I have no idea what it is that I am eating, but nearly everything I have tried has been good to very good. Friends unfamiliar with Indian food usually really enjoy it here, because, with the buffet, they can work their way gradually into a variety of dishes. It's a good place for an office lunch because the buffet makes for a fairly quick sit-down meal if time is limited.

Visited March 2012
Virginia
“Indian confort food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

Minerva Chantilly has become something of our Indian comfort food restaurant. We can't claim the knowledge of Indian food of a professional review or a native Indian, but we've always liked what we got. Place is pretty big so even with many tables full, it still has lots of room so the volume doesn't get too high. Only thing that is starting to turn us away are the wall-mounted televisions. Why are more and more Indian restaurants having Indian music videos running?

Visited January 2012
Bathesda, Maryland
“Fantastic food without the ambience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

If you are a foodie, and can handle a little more spice than your average Indian restaurant, this is the place for you. The best time to visit is the weekend buffet lunch. They have a great choice of South Indian, North Indian and Indian Chinese. Everything is very tasty, but it is noisy, full of Indians with children in tow and often involves a long wait if you arrive later during lunch.

• Visited November 2011