“good food, good service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 129 restaurants in Chantilly
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery
“good food, good service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

This is a small restaurant with excellent food and good service...huge servings. It is very convenient if you are staying at the nearby Comfort Suites.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

86% Recommend
Herndon, Virginia
“This Is a Good Thai Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

So far, I have liked whatever I have ordered. My wife and son also like this restaurant very much and have not complained at all about the food and service.

• Visited November 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Very Good Except the Seafood Dimsum”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

Sila Thai is our favorite Thai restaurant in Chantilly but I was very unhappy today when we ordered the dimsum. We went there for Mother's Day but I went home with an okay okay feeling. The seafood dimsum is similar to the freezer bought dimsum for $1.50 at any of your favorite Asian grocery. Being Asian myself, it was extremely disappointing. Will I come back definitely but I won't be ordering dimsum!!

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Sterling, Virginia
“Happy Hour Discount on Everything!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012 via mobile

We were pleasantly surprised by getting 20% off our total dinner check due to their happy hour special. The food, drinks and service were very good. I would recommend this place to anyone and in the Chantilly area.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Pittsburgh
“Delicious and inexpensive Thai-style Dim Sum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

We were looking for a dim sum restaurant while on vacation in the Washington D.C. area. Sila Thai Cuisine had some excellent reviews on Trip Advisor and was very close to our hotel. The tiny storefront in Sully Square, next to the larger Sully Place strip mall was a little hard to find, next to Midas Care Care and a hookah bar/kebab restaurant. Once inside, the lovely dining room was charming and sparkling clean, with fresh flowers on every table and an attentive waitstaff. We were seated, ordered and served within 15 minutes.
Thai dim sum is somewhat different from the Chinese style dim sum we had been used to. It is a bit spicier, with more garlic and fresh herbs, such as cilantro and basil. The Steamed Shrimp Shumai ($2.95 for 4) were very similar to the Chinese version, but the Shrimp Skewers in Green Curry Sauce were delectably different. Most of the dim sum choices were priced between $2.95 and $4.95 a dish, each dish being basically one serving of a "small plate" or appetizer-type item. You choose an assortment of dishes to make up the meal. I highly recommend the Shrimp Toast, and the Taro Puffs, served with a sweet vinegared relish of red onion and cucumber. The Tom Yum soup, called a small serving on the menu, was quite large for one person, and was a tart, lemony-limey spicy soup chock-full of large shrimp, straw mushrooms, and noodles. The Tom Ka soup was a coconut-milk broth, a little less spicy. My son ordered the Thai iced tea, a very strong iced black tea, with sweetened condensed milk poured over the top, pousse-caffe style. I liked it, but my husband found the tea to be rather bitter. The only criticism I have is that we didn't specify how spicy we wanted our food, and it was a little less spicy than I would have expected, about a 3 on a scale of 1-10. You can, of course, ask to have it made spicier. A very good choice for Sunday morning dim sum, inexpensive and delicious. I plan on going back!

• Visited April 2012