“I had a wonderful experience and it was a lovely facility.” 5 of 5 stars

Wingate by Wyndham Chantilly / Dulles Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3940 Centerview Dr, Rt 50 & Rt 28, Chantilly, VA 20151   |
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Chantilly
Allensville, Kentucky
“I had a wonderful experience and it was a lovely facility.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2010

It was a wonderful experience and such a good price. Such a clean and neat place to stay.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2010

Manager Bill was super to deal with. Since there was about 20 of us pictures were needed and he stepped right up so we could all be in the picture. He greeted us with a huge smile whenever he was there and showed complete professionalism without being stuffy. The staff were all friendly. I can't think of anything that could have been done better. I definately would stay at this place again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2010

Our large Red Hat group stayed for the weekend and were treated like royalty. Everything went so smooth and without a single faltering of the plans. Without a doubt that is attributed SOLELY to the staff.

With so many women with various needs and concerns it was comforting to know that they all enjoyed themselves immensely. Their enjoyment of the accommodations ensured their enjoyment of the gathering we were there for.

Anything and everything we needed was given with a smile. No request was too large. Everyone in our group was extremely pleased with their rooms and the constant friendly attention we received was very welcome.

Thank you for a memorable, comfortable stay in your Home Away From Home.

• Stayed August 2010
Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2010

When we arrived here after leaving DC we were given a double room, we had booked a double queen. We were in a hurry but I called the front desk on the way to Air and Space Museum to say we have our confirmation it says DOUBLE QUEEN....After arguing with me the manager Brian finally said that the girls at the front desk would change our room when we got back. (Oh, and the first room had dirty comforters - stained with I don't know what and there was garbage under the curtain so it made me wonder who cleans these rooms)...they moved us to a second room that evening....this was a double as well so I called the front desk ....who within a few minutes FINALLY brought us keys to a double queen. The beds were pretty comfortable. They only leave you a small bar of soap, one shampoo and a tiny lotion.....felt more like a budget motel, except that we paid $139.99 a night so that's not really budget. The breakfast wasn't too bad. The free shuttle to air and space was convenient. Bob Evans restaurant and Longhorn steak house right across the parking lot. We chose Bob Evans (excellent choice) because we wanted something that tasted more like home cooking since we'd been gone two weeks. A few bumps along the way but overall OK stay. I will put that I'd recomment to a friend but I'd tell them my experience first and let them decide....you just shouldn't have to argue with the front desk that's all. That's not Customer Service. This was our first experience with a Wingate by Wyndham hotel. It says Free High Speed Internet but it didn't work.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Brussels, Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2010

Stayed here for three days on the way to Tampa from Belgium.

First, here’s what I didn’t like about the room:

The air conditioning didn’t work (it was mid 90’s outside)
The internet didn’t work.
The long distance telephone didn’t work
The fridge didn’t work
The safe didn’t work
Noise in the hallway was terrible. There was a gap under the door and even moderate talking in the hallway was easily heard in the room. Worse, there was a bus load of overnight young tourists who ran up and down the hallway until 3:00am, yelling and slamming doors.

Here’s what I liked about the room:

They said that they fixed the A/C but when we still didn’t like it, they gave us a different room. No arguments.
They sent a guy to deal with the internet.
They fixed the phone (think they just needed to activate it).
They fixed the fridge by plugging it in. Stupid me!! (However, the next morning all the drinks and fruit were frozen, so it explains why it was unplugged in the first place.)
They fixed the safe by changing the battery.
Beds were very comfortable.
Room size great. Microwave and medium size fridge (if it worked)
Medium size flat screen TV with basic cable (plus HBO) channels. I would have expected more.
Free internet connection
Staff very nice and helpful. They really wanted to help.

Good location on the intersection of Rte’s 28 and 50 with easy access to Dulles or shopping at Fair Oaks Mall. If you want to go somewhere else, it’s a bit remote. Yes, I-66 is nearby, but it’s a traffic jam there most of the time. Lots of eateries close by, some within easy walking distance, others a short drive.

There was a Bob Evans very nearby, so we didn't try the breakfast buffet, but it was usually full of guests. They were either hungry, broke (or both) or it was good.

Even though it was recently refurbished and ideally located for our needs, I wouldn’t go back. All the items that I mentioned that I didn’t like could have easily been addressed, repaired, replaced, etc. before we arrived. And there were so many basic things that didn’t work. And having just arrived from Europe, I didn’t like having to make all those trips to the front desk to try and get the room functional. We had stayed at the neighboring Fairfield Inn for slightly less several times and everything worked there.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Lancaster, PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2010

We stayed here on a weekend at a low rate; I chose it because we've stayed at other Wingates and found them to be clean and comfortable. This one should not have the Wingate name. This is supposed to be a non-smoking hotel but as soon as I walked in the lobby I smelled stale smoke. The man who checked me in was dressed/groomed very shabby -- enough that I questioned if he had taken the front desk clerk hostage and was filling in! Anyway, after my husband and I went to our room I came back a few minutes later to ask a question and there was no one at the front desk. I had to go out to the car to get something and decided to do that and ask the question when I came back in. I walked out the front door into a cloud of heavy cigarette smoke and there with 3 other men was our charming front desk clerk, chatting and smoking. The hallways and rooms all reek of stale smoke, except where they have sprayed air freshener to cover the smell which is an awful heavy smell almost as bad! Later that night my daughter (on sofa bed) was cold and I called the front desk to ask for another blanket and they said "One per room. Everyone steals them so we have no extras." There was no conditioner in the bathroom and I had to go to the front desk to ask for it. At 6:50 AM I went to the lobby for breakfast and all the lights were off in the breakfast room...it didn't open until 7 AM. I had to leave right then so asked if I could get a cup of coffee -- they said, "Not until 7." So I stood there and waited and at the stroke of 7 I was allowed to get coffee, which unbelievably enough came from a coffeee MACHINE! It was disgusting. I was planning on staying for 2 nights but said I was leaving after one. Now I seriously question the Wingate name...I will choose another brand next time.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
wgm5286, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Chantilly / Dulles Airport, responded to this review, April 29, 2010
I am terribly sorry for your bad experience at our hotel, this is not the norm. We strive to make all our guests feel as if this is their home away from home. I will certainly look into your issues and promise that they will be addressed. The hotel is 99% non-smoking now and soon to 100%.Wm Margelis General Manager
Casablanca, Morocco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2010

I am writing to say how disappointed in the way I was treated in an emergency. My family lives in Morocco, but we fly into visit our daughter in college, so we are oftern at this hotel. We are always happy with the service and the staff. however, we had a family emergency and needed to cancel a reservation. Itried talking to the assisted manager, she just said no, but than said she would speak to the general manager, but I heard nothing back, so I wrote an email to the general manager aand no response from the GM. If nothing can be done that is fine, but not to respond in anyway is just unprofessional

Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
wgm5286, General manager at Wingate by Wyndham Chantilly / Dulles Airport, responded to this review, April 26, 2010
I am sorry that you were not contacted, but this is the first that I have heard of your situation. Ususally with third party reservations, the guest must contact the booking company to ask for a cancellation. I would be more than happy to approve it, but I will need to be contacted . Wm Margelis, General Manager

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Chantilly / Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!