“D.C. Gun Show” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #9 of 14 hotels in Chantilly

322 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Salt Lake City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

I was enroute to an overseas trip flying out of Dulles and wanted to stay a few extra days in DC to do museums. Needed a hotel close to airport. Sadly the Metro isn't yet connected to Dulles but the hotel shuttle was very accommodating and you can take 5A bus from airport to L'Enfant Station near the Mall. Worked out well.
Hotel is standard business class: clean, nicely appointed rooms, typical free breakfast (never changes so would get boring after a day or two).
I stopped over again after my return trip and found it just as comfortable and convenient. Would rather be closer to Metro but if your departure airport is Dulles, this has much to offer.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

wgm5286, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Chantilly / Dulles Airport, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Thank you for your comments about our hotel. The Dulles access to Metro is currently underway and is coming.
Morgantown, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

I stayed here for three weeks when I was transitioning into a new job in Northern Virginia. I stayed at a few other hotels in Chantilly, including the Towneplace Suites across the street and the Fairfield Inn across the street, and the Wingate was absolutely my favorite. For one, it was the quietest. I do not recall hearing any airplane noise the whole time I was there. It is only a few miles from Dulles Airport, so I credit the quietness to the hotel's construction.

This hotel offers really, really great discounts if you stay for multiple nights and book several days ahead of time. I saved 20% by booking a four-night stay five days ahead of time. I was able to get this discount directly through the hotel website, not through a third-party travel site. I was actually surprised that the hotel is as nice as it is considering the low price that I paid.

It was also clean and spacious. I stayed Monday through Friday in 3 different rooms and did not have problems with any of them other than a few minor cosmetic problems and the fact that all of the desk chairs did not move well across the carpet... nothing to gripe about for a clean room at a low price!

Complimentary breakfast was pretty good. It got a little crowded the one day I went down around 9 a.m., and I think the ketchup might have been bad; it tasted a little sour. I also thought the sausage links were low-quality. BUT there were bagels, toast, hot items like scrambled eggs and bacon, coffee and juice, and probably some other items that I can't recall. If you are going to eat breakfast, try to get there early before it gets too crowded.

For the price that I paid to stay here, I really cannot complain about much. I'd highly recommend this hotel, especially for people coming from or going to Dulles Airport.

Room Tip: I stayed on the third and fourth floors and did not have any problems with noise.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
wgm5286, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Chantilly / Dulles Airport, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay. We value your business and hope you choose us on your next stay in this area.

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Chantilly / Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!