“disappointing and expensive” 2 of 5 stars

Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #9 of 14 hotels in Chantilly

308 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Morgantown, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

I stayed here for three weeks when I was transitioning into a new job in Northern Virginia. I stayed at a few other hotels in Chantilly, including the Towneplace Suites across the street and the Fairfield Inn across the street, and the Wingate was absolutely my favorite. For one, it was the quietest. I do not recall hearing any airplane noise the whole time I was there. It is only a few miles from Dulles Airport, so I credit the quietness to the hotel's construction.

This hotel offers really, really great discounts if you stay for multiple nights and book several days ahead of time. I saved 20% by booking a four-night stay five days ahead of time. I was able to get this discount directly through the hotel website, not through a third-party travel site. I was actually surprised that the hotel is as nice as it is considering the low price that I paid.

It was also clean and spacious. I stayed Monday through Friday in 3 different rooms and did not have problems with any of them other than a few minor cosmetic problems and the fact that all of the desk chairs did not move well across the carpet... nothing to gripe about for a clean room at a low price!

Complimentary breakfast was pretty good. It got a little crowded the one day I went down around 9 a.m., and I think the ketchup might have been bad; it tasted a little sour. I also thought the sausage links were low-quality. BUT there were bagels, toast, hot items like scrambled eggs and bacon, coffee and juice, and probably some other items that I can't recall. If you are going to eat breakfast, try to get there early before it gets too crowded.

For the price that I paid to stay here, I really cannot complain about much. I'd highly recommend this hotel, especially for people coming from or going to Dulles Airport.

Room Tip: I stayed on the third and fourth floors and did not have any problems with noise.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
wgm5286, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Chantilly / Dulles Airport, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay. We value your business and hope you choose us on your next stay in this area.
Jericho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Stayed with my family while attending a baby shower in the area. Convenient location with close proximity to the airport with shuttle service available. Still far enough away that airport noise was not annoying. The beds were very comfortable, the rooms were clean, free wireless made it very convenient to do my work during my down time. Great breakfast with sausage, eggs and potatoes available in addition to continental selections. Indoor pool is great if you have kids. We will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Your comments are appreciated and we thank you for your business.

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Chantilly / Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Wingate by Wyndham Chantilly / Dulles Airport

Address: 3940 Centerview Dr, Rt 50 & Rt 28, Chantilly, VA 20151
Location: United States > Virginia > Fairfax County > Chantilly
#9 Business Hotel in Chantilly
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Wingate by Wyndham Chantilly / Dulles Airport 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Wyndham, Hotels.com, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Wingate by Wyndham Chantilly / Dulles Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Wingate By Wyndham Chantilly / Dulles Airport Hotel Chantilly
Wingate Hotel Chantilly
Wingate Dulles Airport

If you own or manage Wingate by Wyndham Chantilly / Dulles Airport, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.