“Great Again......” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 14 hotels in Chantilly
Maryland
“Great Again......”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Stayed end of June 2012 for the Great Scrapbook convention. Enjoyed our first stay so much we definitely booked here again. Room is very spacious and beds comfy. Bathroom is big & clean. Only problem we had this particular time was with housekeeping. Did not give us enough towels and did not leave any extra TP or tissues. Had to call and ask for all items. Not a great problem as we got them right away but a little aggravation when you expect the stuff to be stocked. Close to Bob Evans...walked over and got our meals carryout and ate in the hotel lobby. Breakfast in AM was good also with a nice selection. The pool closed too early this time which was very disappointing to my daughter. Overall this is a very nice hotel close to Dulles Expo Ctr. Check in/out very friendly and efficient. Will definitely stay again next year.

Room Tip: Our room this time and last was on the back side of the hotel. Overlook the beautiful lake behind th...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

324 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Detroit, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

This hotel specializes in tour groups. I checked in on Wednesday night, with a full schedule of meetings for Thursday. There was an enormous amount of noise around 2-3 AM....doors slamming, people yelling in the hallway, knocking on each others' doors, etc. Not partying, just being noisy. Unfortunately, there is no soundproofing in the doors, and you can hear every sound in the hallway, including the closing of doors, which always seem to slam.

When I left in the morning, there were 6 tour buses in the parking lot which had not been there when I checked in. There were a large number of Asian folks having breakfast. I concluded that they had arrived during the night possibly from nearby Dulles Airport. This scenario was repeated the next two nights. I was unable to find another room in the area on such short notice, so I was stuck in this horrible hotel. The construction is flimsy, so you hear your neighbors in adjacent rooms. If you like to sleep at night, stay elsewhere.

The area is good. Close to Dulles, plenty of restaurants, etc., About 10 miles from the Vienna Metro station for travel to DC.

Room Tip: Make sure they don't put you in a double room converted to a single room. The connecting door is...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

Stayed here for a week while visiting family and friends in Virginia. Very comfortable room. The microwave and fridge were very convenient and helped us save money on restaurants, etc. Had a few friends over to hang out and that made the room a bit cramped, but it was roomy enough for just my fiance and myself. There were smoking rooms available so the hallways smelled like stale smoke, but it didn't leak into our room. Used the fitness center a couple of times- nothing too impressive but good for a late night workout. Within walking distance of a number of restaurants and businesses.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

I stayed with family for a week during a recent trip to Virginia. The first evening we arrived, our room was clean, but had a terrible smell. We were on the 2nd floor. We got in kind of late and by the time I got a shower, it was clear the A/C was not working. It was so hot in our room, that we called the front desk. A man came out to check on the A/C and found it was broken. He suggested that we might need to change rooms. We had to move at 10:30PM after a long day of travel which was not a happy scene. We moved to the third floor and A/C was working. This was critical considering the heat wave had hit most of the USA and it would have been impossible to sleep in such an environment. The second room was clean and much better smelling. The bed and pillows were comfortable. The only strange thing was the tub. It is sort of angled toward the middle and you feel like you are sinking into the floor. Others in our group reported having a issue with the tub. It was a spacious room and worked well for us during our stay.

Breakfast was another deal. The basic offerings were ok but I could not really find anything I wanted to eat. My favorite cereal (raisin brand) was not available until later in the week when they added a big cereal machine. The eggs and sausage just tasted kind of weird to me. There were no grits. I managed to find a pastry and apple to go with corn flakes. On our last day there, a HUGE group invaded the lobby and breakfast areas. The foreigners were very aggressive and many people in our travel group reported incidents with them. A line formed and it went down into the main hall...and there were no available seats. I was glad I managed to grab a pastry, juice and got out of there!

We purposely requested the maids NOT clean our room each day. We picked up towels each day. We had no trouble. However, one family in our travel group reported a personal item that they had left out on the table was missing . (I just recommend you put everything away and use a lock on your suitcase at ALL hotels these days. Don't even give someone a temptation!) I don't know how it was resolved, but it was a little upsetting.

There was a well-equipped gym and pool. I had neither time nor energy to enjoy those options. However, others in our group did use these facilities and seemed to enjoy it.

I think I would sum the place up as middle grade...I think maybe they need to update the place/remodel it some. I noticed the sink had a problem with the faucet barely reaching over into the sink...just too hard to use like that. I may be a little picky, but I guess I enjoyed the Courtyard Marriott much better (at beginning and end of that journey in Greenville, SC). We were actually pretty lucky that our hotel had lights after the storm hit the area on Friday. It was clean and comfortable, so I would recommend it, but not highly.

Room Tip: Stay off 2nd floor until they get it worked out with the terrible smell.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
salem va
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Hotel is in a nice area and the property is kept up very well. Plenty of parking available and the property is nicely landscaped. Even a little manmade pond with fountain. Staff was friendly and helpful. Room was very nice and in great shape. Felt very comfortable and safe here. The pool was a little cold for an indoor pool and the hours were a bit weird(5pm-9pm mon-fri and 10am-9pm on weekends) we found this a bit odd as the pool was inside and seperated from the rooms, however there is a lifeguard on duty so this may be the reason for the odd hours. There was plenty of vending and ice machines on site. Internet was surprisingly fast as well. Our room had a king sized bed and a sofa bed with fridge and microwave. Everything worked fine in room with no signs of wear or neglect anywhere. The maid staff was also very friendly and eager to help.Breakfest area had some great choices, however hotel is close to an international airport so it was a bit crowded. The attendent stayed on top of filling everything up so there was no shortage of hot food. This was one of the best hotels we've stayed at and you certainly will not find much better in this price range. Wingate knocked it out of the park, thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Chantilly / Dulles Airport, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Thank you for your your detailed review. At Wingate by Wyndham, we strive to be the best in our area. You get everything for one price, no hidden charges. Thank you!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

My husband and I spent the night here on our way back from Germany this past April. They offer a 24 hour shuttle, so we called and they were there in no time to pick us up and take us to the hotel--just a short 10 minutes away. The staff are extremely helpful and got us through the check in very quickly. There is a great exercise facility and a good hot breakfast provided in the morning, which is included with the cost of the room--at an unbelievable rate! The hotel is clean as a pin, very comfortable beds with great sheets and plush towels provided in the room. The service simply cannot be topped. We liked it so much, in fact, that I have already booked a room a year in advance for our next trip! I'm telling you, this hotel is the bargain of the century and you won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: I don't think there is a bad room in this hotel!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Hawley, Mn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel and found this to be one of the
best hotels we have stayed in. It has been renovated and it was wonderful.
It was fresh and clean, quiet, and the beds were very comfortable. The
front desk was very helpful and we had airport pickup and delivered back
to the airport at 4:00 in the morning. It is hard to find hotels that have
all night airport pickup and deliver every hour during the night. We were
not able to attend the free breakfast, but I heard it was great. Would stay here again!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
wgm5286, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Chantilly / Dulles Airport, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Thank you for your comments, at Wingate by Wyndham we strive to give every Guest a positive experience.
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Chantilly / Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!