“Comfortable Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Chantilly
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Comfortable Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

Stayed here for a week while visiting family and friends in Virginia. Very comfortable room. The microwave and fridge were very convenient and helped us save money on restaurants, etc. Had a few friends over to hang out and that made the room a bit cramped, but it was roomy enough for just my fiance and myself. There were smoking rooms available so the hallways smelled like stale smoke, but it didn't leak into our room. Used the fitness center a couple of times- nothing too impressive but good for a late night workout. Within walking distance of a number of restaurants and businesses.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

I stayed with family for a week during a recent trip to Virginia. The first evening we arrived, our room was clean, but had a terrible smell. We were on the 2nd floor. We got in kind of late and by the time I got a shower, it was clear the A/C was not working. It was so hot in our room, that we called the front desk. A man came out to check on the A/C and found it was broken. He suggested that we might need to change rooms. We had to move at 10:30PM after a long day of travel which was not a happy scene. We moved to the third floor and A/C was working. This was critical considering the heat wave had hit most of the USA and it would have been impossible to sleep in such an environment. The second room was clean and much better smelling. The bed and pillows were comfortable. The only strange thing was the tub. It is sort of angled toward the middle and you feel like you are sinking into the floor. Others in our group reported having a issue with the tub. It was a spacious room and worked well for us during our stay.

Breakfast was another deal. The basic offerings were ok but I could not really find anything I wanted to eat. My favorite cereal (raisin brand) was not available until later in the week when they added a big cereal machine. The eggs and sausage just tasted kind of weird to me. There were no grits. I managed to find a pastry and apple to go with corn flakes. On our last day there, a HUGE group invaded the lobby and breakfast areas. The foreigners were very aggressive and many people in our travel group reported incidents with them. A line formed and it went down into the main hall...and there were no available seats. I was glad I managed to grab a pastry, juice and got out of there!

We purposely requested the maids NOT clean our room each day. We picked up towels each day. We had no trouble. However, one family in our travel group reported a personal item that they had left out on the table was missing . (I just recommend you put everything away and use a lock on your suitcase at ALL hotels these days. Don't even give someone a temptation!) I don't know how it was resolved, but it was a little upsetting.

There was a well-equipped gym and pool. I had neither time nor energy to enjoy those options. However, others in our group did use these facilities and seemed to enjoy it.

I think I would sum the place up as middle grade...I think maybe they need to update the place/remodel it some. I noticed the sink had a problem with the faucet barely reaching over into the sink...just too hard to use like that. I may be a little picky, but I guess I enjoyed the Courtyard Marriott much better (at beginning and end of that journey in Greenville, SC). We were actually pretty lucky that our hotel had lights after the storm hit the area on Friday. It was clean and comfortable, so I would recommend it, but not highly.

Room Tip: Stay off 2nd floor until they get it worked out with the terrible smell.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
salem va
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Hotel is in a nice area and the property is kept up very well. Plenty of parking available and the property is nicely landscaped. Even a little manmade pond with fountain. Staff was friendly and helpful. Room was very nice and in great shape. Felt very comfortable and safe here. The pool was a little cold for an indoor pool and the hours were a bit weird(5pm-9pm mon-fri and 10am-9pm on weekends) we found this a bit odd as the pool was inside and seperated from the rooms, however there is a lifeguard on duty so this may be the reason for the odd hours. There was plenty of vending and ice machines on site. Internet was surprisingly fast as well. Our room had a king sized bed and a sofa bed with fridge and microwave. Everything worked fine in room with no signs of wear or neglect anywhere. The maid staff was also very friendly and eager to help.Breakfest area had some great choices, however hotel is close to an international airport so it was a bit crowded. The attendent stayed on top of filling everything up so there was no shortage of hot food. This was one of the best hotels we've stayed at and you certainly will not find much better in this price range. Wingate knocked it out of the park, thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Chantilly / Dulles Airport, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Thank you for your your detailed review. At Wingate by Wyndham, we strive to be the best in our area. You get everything for one price, no hidden charges. Thank you!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

My husband and I spent the night here on our way back from Germany this past April. They offer a 24 hour shuttle, so we called and they were there in no time to pick us up and take us to the hotel--just a short 10 minutes away. The staff are extremely helpful and got us through the check in very quickly. There is a great exercise facility and a good hot breakfast provided in the morning, which is included with the cost of the room--at an unbelievable rate! The hotel is clean as a pin, very comfortable beds with great sheets and plush towels provided in the room. The service simply cannot be topped. We liked it so much, in fact, that I have already booked a room a year in advance for our next trip! I'm telling you, this hotel is the bargain of the century and you won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: I don't think there is a bad room in this hotel!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Hawley, Mn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel and found this to be one of the
best hotels we have stayed in. It has been renovated and it was wonderful.
It was fresh and clean, quiet, and the beds were very comfortable. The
front desk was very helpful and we had airport pickup and delivered back
to the airport at 4:00 in the morning. It is hard to find hotels that have
all night airport pickup and deliver every hour during the night. We were
not able to attend the free breakfast, but I heard it was great. Would stay here again!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
wgm5286, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Chantilly / Dulles Airport, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Thank you for your comments, at Wingate by Wyndham we strive to give every Guest a positive experience.
Garfield, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

Stayed 3 nights over Memorial Day weekend.

Spacious room with a work and sleep area. The closet contained an iron/board and a safe. There was a microwave and a refrigerator. Above both was a coffee maker. There was a desk with a chair on rollers, except the rollers did not spin and I had to drag the chair to move it. There was also a reading chair with an ottoman, a padded chair and a padded bench.

The bed was a king size and very comfortable. Two mirrors in the room and a lengthy one in the bathroom. The shower had an adjustable head with massage/pulsing options. Hair dryer was near the sink.

Very clean room, nicely decorated, many lights and spacious.

The interior and exterior of the property was clean and well maintained. Self parking.

The fitness room (not used) did have a lot of equipment.
The indoor pool closes at 9pm when the lifeguard goes off duty. Hot tub is next to the pool.

The breakfast area is large with seating for over 50, all in tables of 4.
The buffet was standard. Eggs and sausage were the hot items.Yogurt was available but fruit was not. Cereals were in the small boxes and all 4 choices were Kellogg brands. There were some danish and muffins along with wheat and white bread, bagels and french toast sticks.

The drawback with the "toasted" items and it is a major drawback, is the toaster at best only warmed the bread items. I used the highest setting on the toaster (conveyor type) and after TWO passes of both the bread and a bagel, each item was only warm much less toasted. I did not have the time to send it through multiple more times. It was that way all 3 days of my stay. Management needs to get a better functioning toaster and some tongs to grab the bread items as opposed to everyone using their hands.

There was a business room with two computers.

Overall, I was very satisfied with the stay. The property was very clean. Employees were helpful and cheery and all this despite a religious group/meeting/function that allowed their kids to do as they pleased with little to no adult supervision. On the bright side, since they departed prior to this morning, there was no extended wait for the breakfast buffet and seats were available.
: )

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Hermitage, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

The location of this hotel is ideal - right at Routes 50 and 28. I loved our room, it had a king bed and couch area - felt like a studio suite. The breakfast was great, too.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Chantilly / Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!