“Best value for your money and a great hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Chantilly
Warsaw, Indiana
“Best value for your money and a great hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

I, with my family went on a trip recently to the east coast covering DC, New York, and Niagara. For our stay in DC, I booked this hotel in Chantilly, VA for 3 nights. In the whole trip, this part was really superb. As far as the cleanliness is concerned, the room and the beds were very clean. We were not particular about fitness center as the whole plan was around the 2 mile stretch from capitol hill in DC. It looked good from the outside though.
It was nice to have the microwave and fridge inside the room. That helped us for late night dinner. The free continental breakfast was way over the average continental breakfast. They had lots of variety and the staff was very quick to refill the items. There could be a queue if you are little late in reaching the dining area.
This hotel is 25 mins drive to Capitol hill building. In my opinion, that's not too far. The travel time to DC depends on the peak hours. So, my suggestion would be to leave by 8 30 am. The hotel location has the usual eating places (subway, McD, BK etc.) around it within 1 mile radius.
I booked the hotel through priceline as I was getting the room at a good price. The usual worry that concerns many travellers is the number of beds and type (king, queen etc.). I had wanted two queen beds but I was reserved on a king bed room. After my booking, I called the hotel to check the same and the staff person was polite enough to change the room type without us having to contact priceline or extra fee.
Overall, the staff, rooms and food were excellent. As a traveller, I was completely satisfied with this hotel. I would definitely recommend this hotel to every traveller. enjoy your stay in DC!! :)

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Long Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

This is an e-mail I sent to the manager of this hotel recently and believe it might help anyone looking to stay in the Dulles/DC area.

Good Afternoon Bill,

This was our second stay at your hotel, my wife and I were just as pleased this time as we were the first time a year ago.

Thank you and your staff for a most enjoyable and comfortable stay.

I have filled out the survey that was e-mailed to me by Bill Hall from Wyndham and filled it out with nearly all 10s.

It might interest you to know that after our stay at your hotel we went on to Philidelphia ( 4 Points by Sheraton ), Newark NJ ( Radisson ) and Boston ( 4 Points by Sheraton) and of all the places we stayed, yours was by far the best for, level ,comfort, beds, pillows, value, and friendliness....you should be proud.....we love your place.

Thank you again and thank you for accommodating our budget. ....looking forward to our next stay with you.

GMS

Room Tip: If you are going to DC, the hotel shuttle will take you to the Airport where you can catch a inexpen...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
waynesboro Pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011

We'd like to thank the entire staff at Wyndgate for the wonderful time we had at your hotel...We hope we weren't too much trouble with all our requests.....The staff was so accommodating to our "special needs"...Bill you are #1 in our book.....We will see you again on our return trip...... Again thanks,

The Bottom Family

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Norfolk
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

My family and I stayed at this hotel in July 2011 for 4 nights Overall the hotel was clean and there were a few minor things that I was not pleased with. First of all, I feel as though if i make a reservation and state the number of people that will be staying in the room and we check in that number of people, housekeeping should at least leave enough wash clothes and hand towels to accommodate that number of people. We had four people (two adults and two kids in my room) and every day we were only provided with two wash clothes and four towels. We had to ask for additional wash clothes everyday. I just think if you provide four towels, you should at least provide for wash clothes and four handtowels. Second, their breakfast buffet was shut down by staff while guest where standing in line and the breakfast buffet still had 15 minutes left before the staff was suppose to shut the buffet. Also, the staff NEVER did a final call for buffet so guest would know ot make final selections because they were about the shutdown the buffet. Third, the AC was broken in the fitness room. When you go in to workout, you dont expect to be hot when you walk into room especially since you will be working your temperature up with the exercise.
I have expressed these minor concerns to the general manager and he advised that he would express my concerns to his staff with an effort to correct the matter. At the point, I do not know if I would stay at this hotel again. I am undecided.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Findlay, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

The rooms were clean. We stayed over a holiday. The hotel caters to business travelers during the week.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Athens, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

I found the hotel and room to be very clean. The front desk staff were not quite friendly, but helpful. The gentleman that checked me in gave me what appeared to be 'the usual speech' about when the pool opens, when breakfast is, where the fitness center is, etc. in a speedy, robotic way. I caught about 10% of what he was saying.

The hotel has a free continental breakfast starting at 6AM - they have waffles, french toast, eggs, sausage, muffins, danishes, yogurt, fruit, juice, coffee, and cereal. It was pretty standard and enjoyable.

The hotel also has a "Manager's Reception" from 5:30P-7:30P on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays where all hotel guests can get up to 2 free drinks (soda or beer) in the lobby along with finger foods - fried chicken strips, a sort of egg roll, fruit, chips, chex mix, etc. It was very good (especially the egg roll things), and a huge bonus for this hotel. It was very nice.

My room was clean, with the exception of a long black hair in the sink on my first night. This did not initially bother me, but when I went to fill the sink to shave, I realized that I did not want a random black hair floating in the water. Other than this, it was perfectly acceptable.

The bed was comfortable and the staff did a good job cleaning between nights. My one negative comment here is that they did not get to my room until about 4PM every day. That is a little late for my liking.

The cable TV has very limited channels. It does have the standard ABC/NBC/CBS along with ESPN, ESPN2, and HBO. However, there are only about 15 channels total...maybe 20.

The hotel also features free wireless internet throughout the building. This was a nice perk! They also had wired internet in the guest rooms.

There are plenty of places to eat nearby - Ruby Tuesday, KFC, Taco Bell, a steakhouse, Bob Evan's, etc etc.

This was a great place to stay for my business trip. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Colonial Heights, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

There were long black hairs on both the bathroom sink, the side of the tub and on the bed sheets. Not only that, but when I got in the "jacuzzi tub that was big enough for two people" (as I was told when I made the reservation, but it was obviously only a regular-sized tub with 4 jets), I had a birds eye view of the mold and mildew between the tiles! There was also mold under the bathmat that the peeling up from the bottom of the tub. Ironically, a few days later when I returned home, I ended up at the doctor with a urinary tract infection! (I've never had one in my life until now!) The doctor said it was from the tub or if I may have been in a pool - which I wasn't. I also ended up with a few bed bug bites! That place was disgusting. Never again!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Chantilly / Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!