“Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Chantilly
waynesboro Pa
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011

We'd like to thank the entire staff at Wyndgate for the wonderful time we had at your hotel...We hope we weren't too much trouble with all our requests.....The staff was so accommodating to our "special needs"...Bill you are #1 in our book.....We will see you again on our return trip...... Again thanks,

The Bottom Family

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Norfolk
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

My family and I stayed at this hotel in July 2011 for 4 nights Overall the hotel was clean and there were a few minor things that I was not pleased with. First of all, I feel as though if i make a reservation and state the number of people that will be staying in the room and we check in that number of people, housekeeping should at least leave enough wash clothes and hand towels to accommodate that number of people. We had four people (two adults and two kids in my room) and every day we were only provided with two wash clothes and four towels. We had to ask for additional wash clothes everyday. I just think if you provide four towels, you should at least provide for wash clothes and four handtowels. Second, their breakfast buffet was shut down by staff while guest where standing in line and the breakfast buffet still had 15 minutes left before the staff was suppose to shut the buffet. Also, the staff NEVER did a final call for buffet so guest would know ot make final selections because they were about the shutdown the buffet. Third, the AC was broken in the fitness room. When you go in to workout, you dont expect to be hot when you walk into room especially since you will be working your temperature up with the exercise.
I have expressed these minor concerns to the general manager and he advised that he would express my concerns to his staff with an effort to correct the matter. At the point, I do not know if I would stay at this hotel again. I am undecided.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Findlay, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

The rooms were clean. We stayed over a holiday. The hotel caters to business travelers during the week.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Athens, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

I found the hotel and room to be very clean. The front desk staff were not quite friendly, but helpful. The gentleman that checked me in gave me what appeared to be 'the usual speech' about when the pool opens, when breakfast is, where the fitness center is, etc. in a speedy, robotic way. I caught about 10% of what he was saying.

The hotel has a free continental breakfast starting at 6AM - they have waffles, french toast, eggs, sausage, muffins, danishes, yogurt, fruit, juice, coffee, and cereal. It was pretty standard and enjoyable.

The hotel also has a "Manager's Reception" from 5:30P-7:30P on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays where all hotel guests can get up to 2 free drinks (soda or beer) in the lobby along with finger foods - fried chicken strips, a sort of egg roll, fruit, chips, chex mix, etc. It was very good (especially the egg roll things), and a huge bonus for this hotel. It was very nice.

My room was clean, with the exception of a long black hair in the sink on my first night. This did not initially bother me, but when I went to fill the sink to shave, I realized that I did not want a random black hair floating in the water. Other than this, it was perfectly acceptable.

The bed was comfortable and the staff did a good job cleaning between nights. My one negative comment here is that they did not get to my room until about 4PM every day. That is a little late for my liking.

The cable TV has very limited channels. It does have the standard ABC/NBC/CBS along with ESPN, ESPN2, and HBO. However, there are only about 15 channels total...maybe 20.

The hotel also features free wireless internet throughout the building. This was a nice perk! They also had wired internet in the guest rooms.

There are plenty of places to eat nearby - Ruby Tuesday, KFC, Taco Bell, a steakhouse, Bob Evan's, etc etc.

This was a great place to stay for my business trip. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Colonial Heights, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

There were long black hairs on both the bathroom sink, the side of the tub and on the bed sheets. Not only that, but when I got in the "jacuzzi tub that was big enough for two people" (as I was told when I made the reservation, but it was obviously only a regular-sized tub with 4 jets), I had a birds eye view of the mold and mildew between the tiles! There was also mold under the bathmat that the peeling up from the bottom of the tub. Ironically, a few days later when I returned home, I ended up at the doctor with a urinary tract infection! (I've never had one in my life until now!) The doctor said it was from the tub or if I may have been in a pool - which I wasn't. I also ended up with a few bed bug bites! That place was disgusting. Never again!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for the Great American Scrapbooking Convention held at the Dulles Expo Ctr end of June. The hotel was only about 3 minutes away and VERY easy to get to from the Expo Center. Bob Evans restaurant was across the parking lot..walking distance. The room was very comfortable and tastefully decorated. The bathroom decor was beautiful. Shower was great and had a curved shower rod. All was clean with no problems. Beds were very comfortable. There was a nice lake behind the hotel with a walk path around it. We enjoyed a nice walk after dinner. The pool was very nice and clean. There was a lifeguard on duty even tho the sign said there was none. There was a nice handicapped restroom right in the pool room area which would be very convenient for anyone to use. There was a good selection for breakfast and the hostess kept the area well stocked and cleaned throughout. Check-in was very friendly and efficient. We did have a little excitement tho...7AM Sat morning we were rousted out of bed by the fire alarm. Evidently someone had broken a sprinkler head on the floor above us and the hotel was to evacuate. So we spent about 15 minutes in the parking lot enjoying the "live entertainment" of that ordeal. We were right in the path of Dulles airport incoming flights so my daughter enjoyed seeing the many planes go by our window. The noise from that was not bothersome to us. We were happy with everything about this hotel and would definitely choose it again when in the area. The price was great in comparison to the other hotels close to the Expo center. I would highly recommend this establishment.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011

We left our car at the hotel for 2 weeks, went to Europe via Dulles, came back in the evening and then left the next day (didn't want to drive late at night and with time change).

The bus driver to and from the airport was a wonderful guy, and other staff were pleasant and helpful.

Despite the place being overrun with pre-teens we got a good nights sleep, and enjoyed the breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Chantilly / Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!