“Very comfortable” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Chantilly
Orlando
“Very comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2007

I just got back from staying here at Dulles Wingate and I must say it was one of the most safest places I had stayed before. I must say whe we checked in it was after 3pm and the Hazy center was open till 5pm and the driver brought us to there and came back for us without waiting long at all. When the driver picked us up we were hungry and he even drove us to a Wendy's for dinner at drive thru, I must say that was awesome and a load off my tired legs from driving from WV. The hotel front desk named "MAX" was so polite and very informational on everything I needed to know. My kids loved the fresh baked complimentry cookies (all kinds) for them to grab and free hot cocoa. I also enjoyed the Whirlpool and indoor heated pool and let me tell you it hit the spot after walking alot. I also enjoyed the buisness center cause it had free internet and free faxes and copies if needed (gotta check that email you know ) I also enjoyed the free breakfast with eggs, susage, muffins, and cereal and alot more I can't think of right now. I would say if you are wanting a close place to relax before going home on a flight or even going to DC to see the sites this place is it. I will stay here again cause it was like 20 minutes to DC and you didnt have to pay DC rates for a hotel and it had the quiet comfort of being safe here with all the free etc's to enjoy. I hope this helps you when traveling cause Tripadvisor rocks for info. PS go into Leesburg right down the road a bit and see all the history and little stores.

• Liked — Very close to DC and the free shuttle to the airport and the Hazy center
  • Disliked — Nothing at all... Loved it
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Sydney
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2007

The Wingates are a good choice for business travel when all you want out of a room is space, internet access, and basic creature comforts, including a reasonable complimentary breakfast. It's almost indistinguishable from the Holiday Inn Express product, and several others. However, the price, at least during the time of my recent stay, was more attractive than any of the competing establishments nearby. As our business kept us there over the weekend, having the rate cut in half on weekends helped. This particular establishment seems pretty new, and everything was clean and in good working order. There are plenty of chain restaurants nearby, some within walking distance. For a change from cookie-cutter restaurants, there is a particularly good Thai restaurant ("Thai Basil") a little way west on Hwy 50.
One warning is in order however: on check-out the bill showed the same rate for every night of my stay. It took what I felt was an unreasonable amount of persuasion to have the bill altered to reflect the weekend rates that applied to 2 nights of my stay, as per the original quote that was received when the booking was made.

• Liked — Nothing special.
  • Disliked — Incorrect bill on check-out.
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Vancouver, BC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2007

I chose the Wingate based on its proximity to Dulles Airport. We had an early flight out, so we wanted as short a drive as possible.

I was not familiar with the chain, and was a bit nervous as I'd picked a non-refundable rate. We were pleasantly surprised by the hotel. It was bland and a non-luxury hotel, but it had everything we needed.

The room was clean, the internet access was reliable, there was a fridge in the room, the drink machine was relatively cheap (we'd been paying $2 - $3 for bottled water in DC), and it was close to a few places to eat. The room set-up was very handy.

We had a problem with the tv remote - front desk staff were very helpful (but the remote didn't work well even after they put new batteries in). Our A/C broke in the middle of the night (smelled like it overheated) but we didn't want to get up, and I forgot to mention it to the front desk when we checked out. One of the towels had a bit of mildew on it, but there were lots, so we didn't need that one. The in-room coffee was the worst I've ever had. If you can bring a pack from another hotel, or at least some extra whitener / milk / sugar, do. At checkout, the young lady working there didn't know if we'd have to pay a toll en route to the airport, but she seemed like she was probably new.

We didn't get to try the free breakfast as we had to leave before it started (6:00 am - ugh).

We will probably stay here again. I didn't think it was a *great* value, as we paid around $145 / nt (it was a weekday), but my husband stayed there again recently on a Friday, and got an excellent rate (under $70).

Nearby attractions included Milwaukee Frozen Custard (yum - wish they had this in Vancouver!!) and the Udvar-Hazy Center of the National Air and Space Museum (Smithsonian). The frozen custard place was within walking distance, but you were walking next to a highway, so it wasn't pleasant. Udvar-Hazy was a short drive away (and was spectacular!).

• Liked — Proximity to airport, overall convenience and room facilities
  • Disliked — In-room coffee
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2006

I stayed here for 10 days in 2003 whist playing in us open qualifying at a local course in ashburn. it was recomended to me, and im thankful of the reccomendation.

a very nice clean, modern comfortable hotel, ideal for business travelers and people passing thru, has a nice pool and whirlpool and cool litle excersise room. The rooms are actually quite large considering i only paid $79 per night....i got huge king bed, big comfortable relaxing chair, nice desk and workstation, a nice big tv with plenty of channels (HBO included), nice air con, very clean bathroom, powerful shower (but the bath had no mat in so be careful getting out after your shower, i nearly broke my neck about 5 times). there is a cool little restraunt downstairs that serves standard meals, nothing suoer special, but exaclty what you expect from these kind of places (they do a great tortilla salsa wrap), a nice breakfast buffet also available in the morning. has free business centre, with just 1 or 2 pc's (i cnt remember), and free shuttle to and from airport. the staff could be a little more helpful tho, or at least a bit more knowledgeable, i had trouble using my room phone to connect to international lines, and the response from the same guy 3 times was...uuuuhhh aaam not too sure about phones suuurrrrr!!!

for the price this place is a steal!! $79 per night!! $179 in new york gets you a trailor/caravan in central park with the homeless.

Stayed May 2003
England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2006

I stayed here for 10 days whilst on business, hotel very clean and very modern. also has nice cookies on desk, and a few fitties on reception. Free shuttle to and from airport is also good. rooms very spacious for the price ($79 at the time), nice coffe machine, fridge and air con, also nice big tv with cable (although no "---" on freeview).Staff very helpfull ordering taxis, getting local info ect. The only downside is that my room phone would not dial internationally, when i approached the guy on the desk, he shrugged his shoulders and said" i dunno how to use them" i said "what, u never used phone before" he goes, "yeah, but not over water" WHAT!!!!
highly reccomeded though, i use Wingates wherever, whenever i can, in the USA

• Stayed May 2003, traveled on business
Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2005

This hotel is a class act all the way.

We got our room for $89 and it was just perfect...well, except that they don't accept pets.

The hotel is lovely, very manicured with a jacuzzi, high speed internet free with room, access to the internet via the TV (at an extra fee), indoor pool, nice looking exercise room. Our room was very well arranged and neat. Complete with microwave and fridge.

The front desk had our reservations and had them right.

Incidentally, there is a penalty here that you will have to sign acknowledgement too if you want a non-smoking room that if you do smoke in the room...you will be paying a hefty fine.

There is also a really nice pond and walking path behind the hotel.

Stayed October 2005
PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2005

We chose the Wingate at Dulles Airport and it was an excellent choice. We used their Park and Fly plan which was very reasonable, much better than parking at the airport. The rooms were lovely, very clean, we had a great hot breakfast and effeciently shuttled to the airport in the morning. When arriving back from our vacation, the service from the airport to the hotel was again very efficient. I would definitely stay here again!
KLMN

• Stayed July 2005

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Chantilly / Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!