“Wonderful Stay, Great Location” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Chantilly
Alexandria, Virginia
“Wonderful Stay, Great Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We stayed here last year and enjoyed it so much it was our only choice upon our return this year. The rooms are clean and roomy. Breakfast choices are great including waffles, oatmeal, eggs, fresh fruit, etc. Free wifi. There's a pool, hot tub and small workout room. Very friendly staff. Free shuttle to and from Dulles International Airport which we utilized twice. There are plenty of restaurant, shops and Wegmans within walking distance (or a quick drive). If you find yourself in the area, I highly recommend this hotel ~ for short or long-term stays.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Sarnia, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Decided to choose this hotel for it's great reviews and reasonably low cost in comparison to others in the area. Stayed in Chantilly for 1 night after a long 10-hour drive heading towards our exploration of Washington, DC. We arrived Thursday night, and were treated to the hotel's complimentary dinner which was absolutely delicious! They offer this from Monday- Thursday evenings... and this saved our family a lot of money thanks to the yummy free dinner. The following morning, breakfast was just as good with some quality scrambled eggs, ham, croissants, yogurt, fresh fruit, waffles, beef/hashbrown scrambled mixture (so good).... The services was unbelievable! The staff were super friendly and always catering to make sure everything was perfect during our stay. I've stayed at hundreds of hotels, and this is on top of my list.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Bella Vista, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

I am staying in a one bedroom suite. So far after two days here I'm very impressed with the hotel. Although it has not been renovated recently, the rooms and furnishings are clean and well appointed. Be aware that there
are no power outlets on the bedside tables. Front desk staff is extremely friendly. The managers reception in the evening is well appointed. I really like that they have soft drinks. Target is within walking distance along with several restaurants.

• Stayed June 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

We were here for over a week while moving to the area, so we were able to fully appreciate all the hotel had to offer. The staff went out of their way to be helpful. We had things sent via Fed Ex to us at the hotel and they were brought up to the room. When I was eating a meal by myself with an 8 month old in tow, the staff (including a manager) acted like an extra set if hands: setting up the high chair for me, putting fruit in a bowl, and getting me a to-go cup for coffee. They let me borrow scissors to cut coupons from the Sunday paper. They carry the Washington Post and USA today, which for someone stuck in the Deep South for a few years, was a nice bonus.

The evening social meals (Monday-Thursday) help take the bite out of the price, which is a good value for this area. (the government rate was $179/night). The layout of the 2-room suite made it easy to have two cats and a baby and have everyone get much-needed sleep. There is room in the closet for two cat carriers, and space in the bathroom for a litter box. If you're a dog person, there is plenty of green space nearby for dogs to do their business, and also good places for walks.

Everyone knows traffic in DC sucks, but this hotel is in the perfect spot. Sure, if you go to check in and come off of 28, merging over to the turn lane might be rough. However, once you are here, you can walk to more than 5 restaurants (Red Robin, Dave's Famous BBQ, Ghengis Grill, Chipotle, etc) a Target (with a lot of grocery items), Starbucks (in room coffee is actually really good. If you don't like creamer, steal some milk from breakfast, the staff won't say anything), a hair salon...you get the idea. Going back out onto Lee-Jackson during rush hour to get food is an exercise in futility. You'll probably average 3-5 mph.

My husband has travelled a lot for business in the last decade. He is sort of obsessed with Marriott hotels. They have comfy beds, nice pillows, easy reservations and checkin/out procedures. Everyone we've encountered is nice and professional. I even saw them find a room for an exhausted soldier asking for an early check in at 0845. They even had staff hold breakfast for him (it runs 6-9 on weekdays).

• Stayed June 2013
Papeete, French Polynesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Goals : find a hotel outside of Washington DC with our car parked close to our room, the TV Golf Channel and free in-room wi-fi
And?: all goals achieved
Location : restaurants next door
Check-in : a very welcoming clerk, with friendly advices
Room: very nicely furnished large studio (as in all Residence Inn Hotels), dreamy bedding and pillows, large flat screen TV, very suitable hot breakfast with eggs, warm service
Others : guests free computer/printer

Room Tip: Our room was on the ground floor facing the parking lot, we never heard a single outside sound
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Sunset, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

We stay in Residence Inn all over country and have usually had good experiences. I slept on the sofa in our 2 bedroom suite. I could not sleep because FLEAS were biting me all night long. I was traveling with my elderly parents. I did not realize it was fleas biting me until 2am when I saw it jump off of my arm after it bit me. I walked the halls all night. At 3 am the desk person asked me why I could not sleep I told him about the fleas. He offered to move me to another room. It was 3 in the morning and I wasn't going to wake my elderly parents to move them in the middle of the night.
When I checked out I asked if the night person had mentioned the fleas and she said he did. She asked for my phone number so the manager could speak with me. I'm still waiting for the
Phone call. No call yet. The room appeared clean. Just fleas. I had bite marks on my arms and legs that itched. I had to take oral steroids to stop the itching. I don't know that I would stay again.

• Stayed April 2013
Columbia, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I would like to take time out to write this review about the wonderful housekeeping service I've received during my stay at the Residence Inn Chantilly Dulles South location. Even though all of the houskeeping staff are wonderful, I'd like to mention one of their staff in particular. Her name is "Velma". Ms. Velma is a wonderful housekeeper and person. She always presents with a beautiful smile on her face and does her job with such professionalism. Even though I'm not a messy person, she pays attention to detail when cleaning my room. Her special touch lets me know that she's been there. She always goes above and beyond in her work and regardless of what kind of day she's having, she always has a smile on her face while working to please others. Velma is a valuable member of your Marriott team and I wish there was some way to recognize her for the excellent job she performs.
God Bless you all

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Residence Inn Chantilly Dulles South? Share your experiences!