“Housekeeping Staff Outstanding/ Bed and Pillows Need Improvement” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Chantilly
Chesterfield, Virginia
“Housekeeping Staff Outstanding/ Bed and Pillows Need Improvement”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

I would have to start by saying that the housekeeping at this Chantilly Location do an outstanding job of keeping the rooms fresh and completely clean. The toilet and tub were brand new and completely clean, including the fixtures in the eat in kitchen that were in mint condition. The linens and draperies were beautiful and the HD TV had an excellent picture quality. Dulles Airport nearby was a bit noisy but bearable and did not interfere with the quality of my stay. I rated Residence Inn with four stars instead of five because the aweful bed left my back aching all week. My wife and I fought all night over the tiny sheet we shared. The pillows felt like they were filled with feathers and I had to stack about three of them around my head just to get any rest. The AC unit was irritating and hard to adjust the temperature, leaving me to cut off the AC several times. The gym was too small and the temperature in room was set for 76 degrees and I could not get the window open to air it out. With more than three people squeezed in the gym room it felt like a sauna! The breakfast was reasonable but the free dinner was not up to par. The staff were all friendly and helpful Overall my stay was pleasant but the beds and pillows are not good if you have disk or back trouble.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Aurora, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

Room was comfortable and nicely appointed. Breakfast and dinner were provided each day I was there. Meals were ok but not great. Staff was very accomodating and friendly. Hotel location is convenient to shopping and restaurants. Internet was free and fast. Overall, very nice property.

Room Tip: I had a ground floor room that was convenient
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Oakville, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

This hotel is very nice. It features large clean rooms and has absolutely no airport noise. A fully stocked kitchen, a large living room and a comfortable bed are part of the package. Free breakfast (every day) and dinner (weekdays) in the lobby lounge are also included. The free Internet works well and is fast. I highly recommend this property

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Winchester, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

I had previously stayed at the Residence Inn in Fair Lakes, VA but my last visit was disappointing (rattling vents, broken appliances). This Residence Inn in Chantilly is 10x better and is only 5 miles further down the road. Everything from the breakfast, free newspapers, free wireless and more up-to-date rooms impressed me. They were very accommodating, allowing me to add a day at the same discounted rate. This hotel was less busy too, which cut back on hallway noise. It's convenient to routes 50 and 28, so it's easy to get around. Target and Costco are just across the street, which was an added bonus for me. I will definitely be staying here again!

Room Tip: First floor somewhere in the middle seems quieter for me.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

As a frequent business and leisure traveler, I have become...a little picky. After flying international and domestic flights that cramp your neck and make skies unfriendly, it is always nice to find an airport hotel or business hotel that wraps you in comfort. As far as Residence Inns go, this was one of the best! I got a studio room and it was very spacious. There was plenty of room to spread out, free wifi which I love and can't be without! The front office was so incredibly wonderful. I had just flown over 14 hours and needed to collapse and shower...typically, a hotel will never have a room read early in the morning and I have had to wait asleep on many benches. I was overcome with gratitude when they let me into my clean and perfect room. No moldy curtain smell, no hairs in the bed...all was in perfect order. What a pleasant surprise. I got theAAA rate of $71 plus tax. Best deal I have had in over two years of traveling. It is located in the 28 dulls shopping center so there was plenty nearby in walking distance, too. Great location and great price.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Mechanicsville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011

We just got back from our Labor Day weekend trip to the DC area, last fling before school starts. This hotel fit the bill for us, as we wanted to visit Air and Space near Dulles, Wolftrap, Great Falls, VA and go into DC for a day or two. Two adults and one child fit fine in a standard studio suite with full kitchen for around $79 a night AAA rate. This hotel is very practical, no WOW factor here but what we found really great about it is how everything is so well- maintained and in working order. The staff was very helpful, everyone we interacted at from the front desk to the ladies who do the breakfast area, the janitor in the hallways, the lifeguard. This hotel is VERY convenient to the highway, family-friendly restaurants and shopping with a Target, a Costco and several restaurants within walking distance! The room had a nice soft bed. Everything was immaculately clean, even under furniture we moved around a bit to reconfigure things. We were impressed with how everything was 100% working and functional at this hotel. No light bulbs out in any hallway. The pool and deck were super clean. We had all the supplies we needed in our room, including extra pillows we had requested at reservation. We used the business center and both computers and printers were working. The WiFi in our room worked great each day for our laptop. TV had a list of channels, which was GREAT for finding things our son could watch (and NOT) without having to through lots of menus to order (or avoid ordering) movies, etc. Breakfast each day had enough variety to keep it interesting and kudos to the ladies who keep it well stocked and the breakfast and dining area clean. My son liked making a waffle each day, while we liked the eggs, with a variety of accompaniments, like sausage gravy one day, potato latkes one day, ham steaks one day, etc. with full availability of healthy breads, fresh fruit and even yogurt parfaits. They had really great coffee, also. Nothing was ever even half full for a moment before the ladies were refilling it. And, if you are a business/weekday traveler, there was a menu on our refrigerator of all the great meals you get on weekday evenings. The manager seemed very friendly, sitting a lot during breakfast with guests, making the rounds, asking of your plans for the day. He had local knowledge, advice and even directions. Parking was convenient and free. There was a really nice grill adjacent to the pool for cooking. I enjoyed unwinding in the hot tub while my son swam. I am a super picky person and really, I could not find one thing to complain about at this hotel. The only thing that might concern others is that when we were at the pool, we did hear and see a lot of large planes flying over, due to its proximity to Dulles Airport. However, we did NOT hear the planes when we were inside our studio, even with 2 windows. We had a family with 2 young boys next to us, but we only knew this because we saw them in the hall, we never heard them while in our room, sharing a wall. This hotel is a RESIDENCE INN, a home away from home. So, while it wont win any 5 diamond awards or Michelin stars,due to its simplicity, what you really get at this hotel is the things you could take for granted, because everything you need is just there and it just works! That means more to us than chocolates on our pillows or valet parking. Great job, staff and thanks for the honey for my son's sore throat!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Chantilly, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

We were staying in this hotel for an extended stay. I don't have any major complaints, but can't say I was impressed either. There are a few things there, that could be improved. They almost don't have any dining service. There is breakfast in the morning with not big selection, and there is snack in the afternoon, but not on Fridays and not on the weekends. Food service people get growchy if you try to get something from a buffet and you are a bit early or a bit too late. So, maybe someone is a few minutes late, but if you still have the food out anyway, what difference does it make?
There is Target next door, and also Red Robin and Famous Daves.
The internet connection was very slow.
The gym is just big enough for them to be able to say they have one.
The place is not perfect, but it's also fairly cheap.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Residence Inn Chantilly Dulles South? Share your experiences!