We just got back from our Labor Day weekend trip to the DC area, last fling before school starts. This hotel fit the bill for us, as we wanted to visit Air and Space near Dulles, Wolftrap, Great Falls, VA and go into DC for a day or two. Two adults and one child fit fine in a standard studio suite with full kitchen for around $79 a night AAA rate. This hotel is very practical, no WOW factor here but what we found really great about it is how everything is so well- maintained and in working order. The staff was very helpful, everyone we interacted at from the front desk to the ladies who do the breakfast area, the janitor in the hallways, the lifeguard. This hotel is VERY convenient to the highway, family-friendly restaurants and shopping with a Target, a Costco and several restaurants within walking distance! The room had a nice soft bed. Everything was immaculately clean, even under furniture we moved around a bit to reconfigure things. We were impressed with how everything was 100% working and functional at this hotel. No light bulbs out in any hallway. The pool and deck were super clean. We had all the supplies we needed in our room, including extra pillows we had requested at reservation. We used the business center and both computers and printers were working. The WiFi in our room worked great each day for our laptop. TV had a list of channels, which was GREAT for finding things our son could watch (and NOT) without having to through lots of menus to order (or avoid ordering) movies, etc. Breakfast each day had enough variety to keep it interesting and kudos to the ladies who keep it well stocked and the breakfast and dining area clean. My son liked making a waffle each day, while we liked the eggs, with a variety of accompaniments, like sausage gravy one day, potato latkes one day, ham steaks one day, etc. with full availability of healthy breads, fresh fruit and even yogurt parfaits. They had really great coffee, also. Nothing was ever even half full for a moment before the ladies were refilling it. And, if you are a business/weekday traveler, there was a menu on our refrigerator of all the great meals you get on weekday evenings. The manager seemed very friendly, sitting a lot during breakfast with guests, making the rounds, asking of your plans for the day. He had local knowledge, advice and even directions. Parking was convenient and free. There was a really nice grill adjacent to the pool for cooking. I enjoyed unwinding in the hot tub while my son swam. I am a super picky person and really, I could not find one thing to complain about at this hotel. The only thing that might concern others is that when we were at the pool, we did hear and see a lot of large planes flying over, due to its proximity to Dulles Airport. However, we did NOT hear the planes when we were inside our studio, even with 2 windows. We had a family with 2 young boys next to us, but we only knew this because we saw them in the hall, we never heard them while in our room, sharing a wall. This hotel is a RESIDENCE INN, a home away from home. So, while it wont win any 5 diamond awards or Michelin stars,due to its simplicity, what you really get at this hotel is the things you could take for granted, because everything you need is just there and it just works! That means more to us than chocolates on our pillows or valet parking. Great job, staff and thanks for the honey for my son's sore throat!
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Dulles South Hotel Chantilly
- Residence Inn Dulles South Hotel
- Residence Inn Chantilly
- Chantilly Residence Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Residence Inn Chantilly Dulles South is conveniently located just minutes from Washington Dulles International Airport, the Smithsonian Udvar-Hazy Center and Avion Parkway. Guest suites include a full kitchen, separate living area and a pull-out sofa for extra sleeping space. Enjoy complimentary breakfast, free internet access, weekly social hours and grocery shopping service at this Chantilly IAD Airport hotel. Stay in shape while visiting our Chantilly hotel’s fitness center, or relax by the outdoor pool and whirlpool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Residence Inn Chantilly Dulles South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.