“Up all night” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Staybridge Suites Chantilly - Fairfax / Dulles Airport

Save Saved
You added Staybridge Suites Chantilly - Fairfax / Dulles Airport to your Saves list
Staybridge Suites Chantilly - Fairfax / Dulles Airport
GreenLeadersBronze level
brooklyn, ny
“Up all night”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

We stayed here one night with out three month old and two year old. I reserved a crib which was in our room. The bedding on the crib was extremely loose and I would have been very nervous about my baby sleeping in it. Fortunately I brought a spare travel crib sheet which fit on the crib mattress perfectly. I had called on Thursday to ensure all was well with my reservation. Knowing the astounding amount of stuff we would need for both of our babies, I wanted to make sure our room had easy access for unloading. After speaking with Freddy I believe I was told our room was on the first floor close to both an entrance and the elevator. When we checked in we were on the third floor close to neither an entrance nor the elevator. That would have been ok but starting at one in the morning and going on for hours after that the room above us stomped around. I got no sleep and despite a white noise machine I brougt for my two year old, he cried out a couple times too. The room was clean and the staff was nice but I got no sleep and that is the only reason we stayed here...a place to lay our heads. I get very little sleep these days as a mom of two under two and if anything or anyone other than my kids is keeping me up I get extrememly upset. Particularly in this case since I had called ahead to discuss our room location and didn't get the room we discussed. Very disappointed I paid money to be up all night.

• Stayed April 2013
Carl B, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Chantilly - Fairfax / Dulles Airport, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review concerning your stay here at the Staybridge Suites Chantilly-Fairfax. It is always our goal for each and every one our guests to experience a stay that meets, and even exceeds, their expectations. Obviously that did not occur in your instance. We always try to meet room location requests to the best of our ability. Sometimes due to unforeseen circumstances we are not able to. Unfortunately that is what occurred in this instance. We do not expect you to pay for something everyone deserves (a good nights sleep). Please contact myself or Jennifer Cooper so that we can make amends. Once more, I am very sorry, that we did not meet your expectations. I look forward to talking to you soon.

190 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
London UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Staybridge Suites, Chantilly, recently and it was our first Staybridge experience and for hotel accommodation we absolutely loved.

We had a two roomed suite, very reasonably priced, and loved the space and cooking / cleaning facilities provided.

We stay in a number of hotels each year and the Staybridge formula of making more domestic facilities for cooking, cleaning and washing / drying available, you can use them or not - your choice, very refreshing. Having to go out each night to eat and having to make special sometimes costly arrangements for clothes to be cleaned can become a headache but our recent Staybridge experience took all of these issues away and we loved the added flexibility and choice we had.

The included breakfast each morning was great, good quality and great choice and a few evenings each week, Tues - Friday, I think, the hotel ran social evenings where guests are offered complimentary dinner / beer. Our stay included a Friday and so we were offered 'build your own sandwich' which included a wide variety of breads, meats, salads and deserts. Great idea which clearly worked with a great social atmosphere resulting.

The Staybridge experience is slightly different to a standard hotel approach where overall more home facilities are made available at usually no or little extra cost. The hotel also has a different approach to room cleaning which was fine for us as well. Each weekday your room is given a 'light' clean and bed remake only. At the weekend no cleaning service is carried out on your room unless you request it and then obviously a full clean is carried out at the end of your stay and this worked great for us.

Outside of breakfast each morning and the social evenings 4 nights a week the hotel didn't offer either a bar or restaurant service. However within very easy walking both were available outside along with numerous delivery services and we did have cooking and fridge / freezer facilities in our room but if you're looking for a hotel with a bar and restaurant you could use each night of you stay then this wouldn't work for you.

We loved the refreshing more flexible approach to hotel living and would definitely seek out a Staybridge on our next travels.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Carl B, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Chantilly - Fairfax / Dulles Airport, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
I am so happy to hear that enjoyed your stay with the Staybridge Suites Chantilly-Fairfax. The detail in your review is great and really shares the true experience that we strive for every guest experience here at the hotel. Thank you so very much for taking the time to share your thoughts about your stay. I hope that your travels allow you to stay with us sometime again soon.
West Islip, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

My initial plan was to stay at the Staybridge Suites-Herndon, but this quickly became an issue when their internet was down for 3 days, and I needed it to work. I was complaining about this to my waitress at a local restaurant when the manager overheard me, and said hey wait a minute. He then brought Mr Carl Brown, The assistant General Manager of Staybridge Suites-Chantilly, who discussed my situation. He promptly apologized for the Staybridge, and agreed to honor my rate for the other hotel, just so I wouldn't have a bad opinion of the Staybridge chain. I moved the next day, and the friendliness of the staff and quality of the rooms was exponentially better.The Tuesday social hour was a much needed break after a long day at work, and I look forward to it tomorrow!

Room Tip: If you stay in the 130s rooms, be sure to park on the right side of the hotel, and enter through the...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
I really appreciate you sharing your feedback about your experience with the Staybridge Suites Chantilly-Fairfax. It was, indeed, my pleasure to help you out and make sure that your opinion of our brand stays positive. I'm happy to see that the remainder of your stay was an enjoyable one. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Merton Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We spent three nights at this hotel. It is extremely well run. The property was clean overall. The staff was friendly and helpful (Carl at front desk was great). The breakfast included many items. The night buffet was actually filling for our family. One added benefit was the free laundry facilities (bring your own detergent).

The only negative was the indoor pool was off-site at a sister hotel. Other than that, a truly 5-star operation.

Room Tip: We chose the room with two bedrooms plus a living space. A wonderful option for a family of five.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay here at the Staybridge Suites Chantilly-Fairfax. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. It was my pleasure to help you at the Front Desk! Our pool situation is a little unique but I'm glad that it didn't disrupt your stay too much. Our tow bedroom/two bathroom suites do provide the perfect space for a family like yours. We hope to see you again soon.
Milwaukee,Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Recently spent a four day weekend at the Staybridge Suites in Chantilly and were very impressed by the suites, staff, location and extras included with our stay. We were greeted by Freddy at the front desk who was always incredibly helpful and friendly (someone give that man a raise!). He arranged for a nice crib for our toddler and gave us great tips everyday. Comfortable bed and pillows and very clean rooms with nicely equipped kitchenette. Thick walls, never heard any neighbors or hallway noise, slept very soundly. Ample parking, gym, laundry, Wi-Fi, huge breakfast, social hours and even a dinner or two all included free with your stay. Nice location, very suburban, strip malls, Target, grocery, restaurants all just literally down the street. 10 mins from Dulles Airport and 40 minutes from Washington DC. Spent a nice day trip in DC, easy commute. Had a great dinner in Reston, VA (about 15 mins away) at Vapiano, unique and casual Italian fare. Smithsonian Air and Space Museum is next to the hotel, about 10 mins away, fun visit, many historic aircraft including the Space Shuttle Discovery and the Enola Gay. Highly recommend staying here! Will stay here again on our next visit.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Carl B, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Chantilly - Fairfax / Dulles Airport, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to let others know about your stay here at the Staybridge Suites Chantilly-Fairfax. Fredy is, indeed, a great asset to our team. Thank you for recognizing his (as well as all of our) efforts to make your stay an enjoyable one. The Smithsonian Air & Space Museum-Udvar-Hazy Center is a TON of fun. I'm glad that you were able to see that while you were here. Please come back soon!
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a week while I attended a conference, bringing my sister and daughter along to keep me company. We had a two bedroom suite with two baths, a kitchen and living/dining room area. The room was large and comfortable, although with time (as always) carpets and furniture wear. There was wear. There is free Wi-Fi. The breakfast also is free and it is okay (I eat healthfully and found the breakfast bar offerings carb-heavy; the proteins (eggs, sausage) were processed). Some of the fruit (strawberries and blueberries) was well-prepared. There is an evening happy hour Tuesday-Thursday but I never took advantage in part because the breakfast food was in my estimation average and eating more than one meal a day at the hotel would have been too much for me. The gym was small but adequate. Use of the laundry facility was free except for the detergent. The hotel has limited shuttle service to the airport (every hour on the hour). It is a tough economy and everyone is looking for efficiencies, and I do not begrudge. The staff is in fact very service-oriented and generously friendly. Overall it is an excellent value for a hotel but one should not expect Le Cordon Bleu (some reviewers kind of make it sound that way).

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for reviewing your stay here at the Staybridge Suites Chantilly. I am happy that you enjoyed most of the stay. As I am sure you are aware, when preparing large volumes of complimentary food it can sometimes be a challenge to meet the expectations of everyone who eats it. We do our best to provide an extensive variety of options and prepare many of the evening meals from scratch. I am truly sorry that these efforts did not meet your expectations. Feel free to contact me personally at 703-435-8090 the next time you are coming to the area and I will make sure that we have some specialty food prepared for you while you are here.
chesterfield, va
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I stayed five nights at this location while attending a week long training in the area. The room was spotless and very inviting with a complete kitchen, free in-room WiFi, comfortable couch, and lovely bed. Customer service was awesome and staff exceedingly friendly. The continental breakfast was most welcome each morning as well as the 24-hour coffees and teas. The social gatherings during the weeknights were delightful, complete with beverages and hors d'oeurves/appetizers. Would highly recommend this to anyone who wants to stay at a warm, inviting, and exceptionally maintained inn in the Washington, DC area!!

Anna S.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay here at the Staybridge Suites Chantilly-Fairfax. I am glad that you enjoyed your time with us. Training here in the Dulles Airport area can sometimes be a challenge. I'm glad that we were able to make your stay comfortable. We hope to see you again soon!

Been to Staybridge Suites Chantilly - Fairfax / Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!