“Excellent Customer Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Staybridge Suites Chantilly - Fairfax / Dulles Airport

Save Saved
You added Staybridge Suites Chantilly - Fairfax / Dulles Airport to your Saves list
Staybridge Suites Chantilly - Fairfax / Dulles Airport
GreenLeadersBronze level
Chicago, Illinois
“Excellent Customer Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I stayed at this property this past weekend for a business trip. The hotel was very clean, all the staff was really nice and the woman who sets up the breakfast food and coffee was nice enough to let me practice my Spanish with her. I was very happy about that and she was awesome. My room was very clean and a great size for a family of 3 or 4. There is a queen bed a sofa bed in the room so it's enough space, the little kitchen area was spotless and was fully equipped if I wanted to cook. I found this hotel to be great and would stay here with my kids in the future.

I would say to rent a car at this location because it's a little further out from the capital but not to far. The shuttle driver told me that I could take the shuttle to the airport and catch the metra then the subway/train downtown or to the museums and the capital, so that's always an option.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Carl B, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Chantilly - Fairfax / Dulles Airport, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to let others know about your experience here at the Staybridge Suites Chantilly Fairfax. I'm glad to see that you and your family enjoyed your stay. Be sure to check out the two bedroom/two bathroom suite that we have. It gives your family plenty of room to roam. The 5A bus is an express bus in the Metro system that takes visitors to the Washington DC area right down to all of the sights and monuments. It is a great service and very reasonable. We hope that you return to the area sometime soon and look forward to welcoming your family back to the hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I was very surprised - this is an excellent value. The room was neat and clean and the comforter on the bed was one if the nicest I've encountered in my travels. The bathroom was adequate size and the water pressure was excellent. It was also a very quiet room, which I value almost above everything else.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Staybridge Suites Chantilly Fairfax. It was, indeed, our pleasure to host you during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back at the hotel again soon.
Clarkston, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We stayed here over the Christmas holiday because of family in the area. We used our priority points for the stay. The first thing you may notice as you arrive is the hotel has priority parking for gold and platinum members. The check in process was easy. My wife and I are both frequent travelers and mostly stay at Holiday Inn chains. The breakfast was great each day with many things to choose from. The social had great food as well. Since it was Christmas we could only enjoy the social on our last evening. If in the area I will be staying here again.

Room Tip: Use the priority parking
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Carl B, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Chantilly - Fairfax / Dulles Airport, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Staybridge Suites Chantilly Fairfax. We sincerely appreciated the opportunity to host you during your Holiday stay. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the hotel amenities as well. We do, sincerely, hope to see you again soon.
UT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I am a frequent traveler and have stayed at some of the finest hotels in the world. I was surprised to find better service at the Staybridge Suites in Chantilly than I have found at many five-star hotels. I won't go into all of the details, but let's just say I'm too young to rent a car, travel alone a lot and sometimes don't get where I am gong with everything I needed for my trip. I generally book hotels that are close to a shopping mall/center in case I have to quickly purchase something I inadvertently left at home. I also look for hotels that have excellent shuttle services and great amenities for business travelers in-house. Staybridge Suites fit all of my criteria. Where they exceeded my expectations was in customer service. The staff at Staybridge Chantilly is PHENOMENAL! Carl Brown, the manager, sets the tone for the entire staff and every staff member I met followed his lead, going out of their way to make sure my needs were met. Shuttle from the airport? Done. Showed up to check in with an expired credit card? Fixed. Had to quickly update and reprint paperwork for my business meeting? No problem. Meeting starts after check-out time, lasts until 4:30 and I need to make it to the airport for a 5:30 flight--and I have no car? I didn't have to call a taxi. I left my bag with Carl, he drove me to my meeting, picked me up when it was over and got me to the airport with time to spare. My room was huge and clean. My bed was comfortable. The bathroom was nice and roomy. There was not a single thing I can complain about. This is NOT your average hotel, and the staff was most definitely not your average hotel staff. I have never had a bad stay at any of the 5-7 Staybridge properties I have stayed in, but Staybridge Chantilly is extraordinary within its class. I will look for opportunities to stay there every time I am in the DC area now. Carl, his staff and the property they run are just that awesome!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Carl B, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Chantilly - Fairfax / Dulles Airport, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Will-thank you so much for your kind words. It was, indeed, our pleasure to host you at the Staybridge Suites Hotel Chantilly/Fairfax. You experienced the service level that we strive to provide to all of our guess. I am so glad that everything worked out. We do, sincerely, look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to the area.
Richmond, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Hotel is in a decent location with restaurants and other shopping for extended stays like Wal-Mart and Target. Theres a Starbucks near the Target only 2 stop lights away.

They provide meals Tuesday - Thursday at night and include 2 beers on tap. The food is decent for buffet style. Breakfasts are also decent and rotate with different styles of eggs, sausage, bacon, fruits and other normal breakfast foods.

I had a king suite with the separate bedroom. This was a work trip for 3 weeks. They do a light clean of the rooms every weekday and full clean once a week. The room I had had plenty of space. There is wired and wireless internet. I was actually able to stream from Hulu and Netflix with no problems. This was great, especially for those who work or are here for a long time and get tired of normal network TV.

Theres a medium size refrigerator, dishwasher and microwave. Also a 2 eye stovetop.

The staff were all very nice and accomidating. This place is nice enough that there are actually some long time residents (I guess if you can afford to retire somewhere its as good of a place as any).

There is also a laundry room with free washers and dryers, just bring your own detergent.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Carl B, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Chantilly - Fairfax / Dulles Airport, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Staybridge Suites Chantilly/Fairfax. It was our pleasure to host you for the three weeks that you were here. It looks like you got to partake in pretty much everything we had to offer! Thank you letting others know about your experience here. We do appreciate all our guests-those that live here and those that just stay a day or week or two. Hope to see you again soon.
Hampton, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

One of the best modestly priced hotel we've ever stayed in. Nicely finished room with kitchenette, sitting area, wi-fi and workspace. Very good morning breakfast and small pantry available with snacks in lobby, Convenient location very close to Dulles and the Air and Space museum. Definitely will stay again.

Room Tip: The street that the hotel is on changes name on South side of the intersection.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Staybridge Suites Chantilly/Fairfax. I am glad to see that you enjoyed your suite. The Smithsonian Air & Space Museum is a popular attraction and I'm glad you got to see it while you are here. We look forward to seeing you when your journeys find you in the area again.
Va
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Another very pleasant stay at the Staybridge Suites in Chantilly. We were in town again to volunteer at an event at the Smithsonian Air & Space Museum Udvar-Hazy Center which is nearby. Very comfortable room. Available choice of pillows. Windows can open. Small but adequate kitchen although the ice maker in the fridge made only a few cubes even hours after I turned it on. Free internet although a little slow at times. Nice breakfast in the AM, pleasant dining area. Very responsive staff. Small shop near the lobby where you can buy toiletries, snacks and drinks if you don't feel like going to the store. This year I did make use of both the fitness room and the laundry room (free W/D! -- but you do need to bring detergent). Small fitness room has a couple of treadmills (the one I used was sturdy), an elliptical, a stationary bike, and a weight machine plus a small set of free weights and an exercise ball. Water and towels available. There does appear to be a small outdoor pond with a walking/running trail around it but I didn't want to run at night outdoors alone even though the area appears to be pretty safe. Had some issues with the key not working at times at one of the side doors. No trouble at the room door, though. There is a Wal-Mart and also a Target nearby. Also several dining options in the area although perhaps not within easy walking distance for most people. We look forward to staying here again next year.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
It was our pleasure to welcome back to the Staybridge Suites Chantilly/Fairfax. It is good to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. We do, sincerely, appreciate you taking the time to write and review and let others know about experience here. We look forward to welcoming back to the hotel soon.

Been to Staybridge Suites Chantilly - Fairfax / Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!