“Five-Star Service at a Three-Star Price” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Staybridge Suites Chantilly - Fairfax / Dulles Airport

Save Saved
You added Staybridge Suites Chantilly - Fairfax / Dulles Airport to your Saves list
Staybridge Suites Chantilly - Fairfax / Dulles Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3860 Centerview Drive, Chantilly, VA 20151   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #1 of 14 hotels in Chantilly
GreenLeadersBronze level
UT
“Five-Star Service at a Three-Star Price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I am a frequent traveler and have stayed at some of the finest hotels in the world. I was surprised to find better service at the Staybridge Suites in Chantilly than I have found at many five-star hotels. I won't go into all of the details, but let's just say I'm too young to rent a car, travel alone a lot and sometimes don't get where I am gong with everything I needed for my trip. I generally book hotels that are close to a shopping mall/center in case I have to quickly purchase something I inadvertently left at home. I also look for hotels that have excellent shuttle services and great amenities for business travelers in-house. Staybridge Suites fit all of my criteria. Where they exceeded my expectations was in customer service. The staff at Staybridge Chantilly is PHENOMENAL! Carl Brown, the manager, sets the tone for the entire staff and every staff member I met followed his lead, going out of their way to make sure my needs were met. Shuttle from the airport? Done. Showed up to check in with an expired credit card? Fixed. Had to quickly update and reprint paperwork for my business meeting? No problem. Meeting starts after check-out time, lasts until 4:30 and I need to make it to the airport for a 5:30 flight--and I have no car? I didn't have to call a taxi. I left my bag with Carl, he drove me to my meeting, picked me up when it was over and got me to the airport with time to spare. My room was huge and clean. My bed was comfortable. The bathroom was nice and roomy. There was not a single thing I can complain about. This is NOT your average hotel, and the staff was most definitely not your average hotel staff. I have never had a bad stay at any of the 5-7 Staybridge properties I have stayed in, but Staybridge Chantilly is extraordinary within its class. I will look for opportunities to stay there every time I am in the DC area now. Carl, his staff and the property they run are just that awesome!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Carl B, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Chantilly - Fairfax / Dulles Airport, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Will-thank you so much for your kind words. It was, indeed, our pleasure to host you at the Staybridge Suites Hotel Chantilly/Fairfax. You experienced the service level that we strive to provide to all of our guess. I am so glad that everything worked out. We do, sincerely, look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to the area.

200 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Richmond, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Hotel is in a decent location with restaurants and other shopping for extended stays like Wal-Mart and Target. Theres a Starbucks near the Target only 2 stop lights away.

They provide meals Tuesday - Thursday at night and include 2 beers on tap. The food is decent for buffet style. Breakfasts are also decent and rotate with different styles of eggs, sausage, bacon, fruits and other normal breakfast foods.

I had a king suite with the separate bedroom. This was a work trip for 3 weeks. They do a light clean of the rooms every weekday and full clean once a week. The room I had had plenty of space. There is wired and wireless internet. I was actually able to stream from Hulu and Netflix with no problems. This was great, especially for those who work or are here for a long time and get tired of normal network TV.

Theres a medium size refrigerator, dishwasher and microwave. Also a 2 eye stovetop.

The staff were all very nice and accomidating. This place is nice enough that there are actually some long time residents (I guess if you can afford to retire somewhere its as good of a place as any).

There is also a laundry room with free washers and dryers, just bring your own detergent.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Carl B, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Chantilly - Fairfax / Dulles Airport, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Staybridge Suites Chantilly/Fairfax. It was our pleasure to host you for the three weeks that you were here. It looks like you got to partake in pretty much everything we had to offer! Thank you letting others know about your experience here. We do appreciate all our guests-those that live here and those that just stay a day or week or two. Hope to see you again soon.
Hampton, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

One of the best modestly priced hotel we've ever stayed in. Nicely finished room with kitchenette, sitting area, wi-fi and workspace. Very good morning breakfast and small pantry available with snacks in lobby, Convenient location very close to Dulles and the Air and Space museum. Definitely will stay again.

Room Tip: The street that the hotel is on changes name on South side of the intersection.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Staybridge Suites Chantilly/Fairfax. I am glad to see that you enjoyed your suite. The Smithsonian Air & Space Museum is a popular attraction and I'm glad you got to see it while you are here. We look forward to seeing you when your journeys find you in the area again.
Va
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Another very pleasant stay at the Staybridge Suites in Chantilly. We were in town again to volunteer at an event at the Smithsonian Air & Space Museum Udvar-Hazy Center which is nearby. Very comfortable room. Available choice of pillows. Windows can open. Small but adequate kitchen although the ice maker in the fridge made only a few cubes even hours after I turned it on. Free internet although a little slow at times. Nice breakfast in the AM, pleasant dining area. Very responsive staff. Small shop near the lobby where you can buy toiletries, snacks and drinks if you don't feel like going to the store. This year I did make use of both the fitness room and the laundry room (free W/D! -- but you do need to bring detergent). Small fitness room has a couple of treadmills (the one I used was sturdy), an elliptical, a stationary bike, and a weight machine plus a small set of free weights and an exercise ball. Water and towels available. There does appear to be a small outdoor pond with a walking/running trail around it but I didn't want to run at night outdoors alone even though the area appears to be pretty safe. Had some issues with the key not working at times at one of the side doors. No trouble at the room door, though. There is a Wal-Mart and also a Target nearby. Also several dining options in the area although perhaps not within easy walking distance for most people. We look forward to staying here again next year.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
It was our pleasure to welcome back to the Staybridge Suites Chantilly/Fairfax. It is good to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. We do, sincerely, appreciate you taking the time to write and review and let others know about experience here. We look forward to welcoming back to the hotel soon.
Lake Ridge, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Staybridge Suites was our home for 2 months while my husband and I relocated back to the DC area. We came in because of the name & reputation; we stayed because of the outstanding friendly service, “at home” atmosphere and the staff’s sincere desire to make our visit perfect! This isn’t just a hotel; it’s a cozy second home! ----I read the other reviews and they are ALL on the mark!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Carl B, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Chantilly - Fairfax / Dulles Airport, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Staybridge Suites Chantilly/Fairfax-Dulles Airport. It was our pleasure to host you and Mel during your stay with us and sincerely appreciate the continuing opportunity we have to welcome you as part of our family.
Ansonia, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I couldn't say enough about this place....the rooms were great, comforable bed and pillows, clean, coffeee and popcorn in the room!!!! The breakfast was included and that was great, eggs make your own waffles, etc....The staff was so nice, free shuttle......I was always a marriott person, I would recommend this hotel to anyone, I am going to seek out this hotel chain on my next trip.We had a wedding rate....$89......OMG...wonderful

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Staybridge Suites Chantilly/Fairfax-Dulles Airport. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay as well as our breakfast buffet. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to provide an alternative to Marriott that exceeded your expectations. It was our pleasure to welcome you as our guest and hope that we will be able to have you back again soon.
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

All the wonderful things said here are true. The bed was perfect with a choice of pillows. The breakfast was substantial with an amazing range. The taxi from the airport was roughly $20 but we enjoyed the free shuttle on the return.

My only comment would be that the TV had a strange placement in our room - it was in a cabinet facing a wall, and at a 90 degree angle to both the couch and the bed making it difficult to watch.

I also had an experience - like reviewer Shortbear - where the late night desk guy wasn't particularly friendly. He was entirely professional though and not at all rude. It would have been nice to be reminded about the DVD collection that evening, however, since we were only staying one night and didn't see it until breakfast the next morning.

No complaints though. Overall, this hotel was the best of our holiday.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Staybridge Suites Chantilly/Fairfax-Dulles Airport. We value continually improving and I appreciate your candid remarks about your stay. Our TV's are on a sliding platform that rotates to provide viewing from the bed as well as the living room. I will have our staff check check the suite you were in to make sure that function is working. I have shared your comments with our evening staff to assure that they are continually improving as well. Thank you once more and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Been to Staybridge Suites Chantilly - Fairfax / Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!