“Good food, good beer” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Woodstock, Vermont
“Good food, good beer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

A flight got canceled and we stayed overnight at the Comfort Suites in Chantilly. The desk manager recommended The Backyard Grill right around the corner. Good choice. We came in quite late and there were no indications of surprise or frustration about our ordering food. Our waitress, Wendy, was fun to talk to, quick and efficient. She did miss one request about not including cukes in the Backyard Steak Salad. They came anyway. Food was good, however, my Sirloin Tips in Oyster Sauce could have done with less salt. Perhaps they don't actually make their own oyster sauce and use a bottled version. They are always salty. Anyway, aside from that the meals were terrific. The manager is very nice and came to see how we were doing and stayed to talk for awhile. Great guy. I didn't mention the salt to him. Probably should have. Looked like the patrons in the bar section were really enjoying themselves and I could picture us going to this place a lot if we lived nearby.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

46% Recommend
Nocera Umbra, Italy
“Great value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

The covered outside area is not appealing but the inside dining room to the left of the entrance is very comfortable.

Visited October 2012
Bakersfield, California
“Backyard tastes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Loved this place. Great beers on draft and amazing food. We were visiting from out of town and this place was recommended. We would return.

Visited September 2012
Bel Air, Maryland
“Late Wednesday night dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

We did a local park/stay/fly. Needed dinner when we got into town and chose this place. Food was excellent. Atmosphere was like a happy hour sports bar type place. Thoroughly enjoyed our time.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Clayton, NC
“Great Patio”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

I was in Chantilly on business and Backyard Grill was across the street from my hotel. It was Monday night during football season and I was both hungry and thirsty. I didn't think I could go wrong at a sports bar ...and I didn't at Backyard.

The patio is amazing. It is huge and has two bars and a bunch of flat screens. I didn't experience the "stale beer" smell that one of the reviewers mentioned but, I can see how it is possible. The crowd was a mix of young professionals and football fans and everyone got along.

I sat at the bar. The bartender was excellent. She remembered my name and kept my beer glass full. The beer selection is mediocre. Sam Adams seasonal was about the best thing going.

I had the Backyard Burger. A burger topped with bacon, BBQ, mushrooms & provolone cheese Served on ciabatta bread. It was cooked medium rare and pretty tasty. It came with onion rings, which, if not home made, were excellent none the less.

I'll definitely come again.

Visited September 2012