“Not impressed” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Delivery
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Not impressed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

I have been hearing how great this place is for so long, decided to finally try it since I was in the area yesterday. The small bowl of chips tasted stale, we didn't even finish them. The service was fast, the food came out very quickly as well. I ordered the chicken chimichunga which was the worst I've ever had. My husband got a pork dish and it came out with 3 small-med pieces of pork and he wasn't that impressed either. The rice tasted like it was left over from the day before, not very hot. The best thing on my plate was the homemade guacamole which doesn't say much. I will not be returning to this place, there are alot better mexican places out there! The atmosphere leaves ALOT to be desired as well.

• Visited August 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Huntsville, Alabama
“visit”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

slow service. food was marginal. Since my last visit, Anitas has dropped off.

Visited May 2012
“Ok but not the great food I expected”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

This restaurant was recommended by hotel staff as being "great authentic Mexican" but in reality the sign indicates New Mexican food.
We started out with the bean dip appetizer and ordered several dishes among us. The food was bland, and the signature margarita was mediocre at best. The service was adequate but not remarkable in any way.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Reston, VA
“What am I missing????”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

I try to like this place; I really do. I've been in this location and others as well, usually at the insistence of someone else and I've never had anything that wasn't totally bland. It frustrates me because I know many people like this place but an enjoyable experience here has proved elusive. Service ranges from friendly to frostily dismissive.

Visited March 2012
Aldie, Virginia
“A perfect hole in the wall New Mexico diner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012

Its not glamorous, location isn’t great, and I get claustrophobic walking in the front door, but its been a legend for me for many years. Its about the 99 cent breakfast burrito ( now $1.29). I can’t tell you how many times I’ve gone and bought 20 or 30 for fellow co workers, family etc. now eating 2 is lots, 1 is fine.
Anita’s doesn’t pretend to be anything its not. It does a huge takeout business, so you’ll always see landscape trucks and construction vehicles outside. English is not a first language here either but the waitress’ are generally lovely and great English. Want a Corona and Huevos Rancheros? This is your place. Its reasonably family friendly. It can be a bit loud, but not hateful. Sit outside and watch the 6 lanes of traffic fly by on route 50. Food prices are decent and the food is good.
After you’re finished go next door to the variety store, Truly a gem stuck in time, You’ll know the minute you walk in and the ancient hardwood floor creaks under your foot. Start with a pickled

• Visited January 2012