“Tasted Great To Us … Big Sandwiches” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Winchester, Virginia
“Tasted Great To Us … Big Sandwiches”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

07/05/14

We had lunch here at Willards and they were busy but our food was still served quickly. Our Brisket Sandwiches tasted great and they were big. They have a lot of items on their menu and the prices seemed good to us especially for the portion sizes that they serve up.

We would definitely go back whenever we are in the area.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Marshall, Virginia
“Sides unimpressive, service lacking”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

I went to Willard's for lunch on a Thursday and will say that the place gets very, very busy! We were lucky to get a table as the establishment is not very big....think like the size of a Chipotle. I ordered a pulled pork sandwich which allows you two sides. I chose baked beans and mashed potatoes with gravy. I think my total was between $6-$7, so it's definitely inexpensive which is a plus. The service lacked a personal touch and the people taking orders weren't at all friendly or personable, though not rude. On the plus side, the food is prepared quickly and we were at our table in less than 5 minutes. The portions are HUGE, so you will definitely not leave hungry. The pulled pork was very good, though I added extra BBQ sauce, but the baked beans and mashed potatoes were inedible. The baked beans just had a very strange spice and taste to them and the mashed potatoes were incredibly salty. I'd probably go back, but I definitely wouldn't make it a regular place I visit.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Stephens City, Virginia
“Pretty Good, not as good as it's rating”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Stopped by on a trip ad visor recommendation. It was hard to find for someone not from the area. I also didn't feel safe, So I expected it to be a good BBQ joint. Most folks know good BBQ is found in some of the worst places to be in. The place was clean, service was quick, and the aroma was inviting. The food was above average, but not outstanding. Some of what I had was burnt. The portion was large, so this offset that issue. Sides were bland and underwhelming. Again, you did get plenty. Price was good, so if you are hungry, in a hurry, and it's daylight, this is a good option.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Butler, Pennsylvania
“Yummy Food! Great Value!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

I was in town on business and we went to Willard's BBQ. It was real BBQ and I thought pretty good. The service was fast and the food came fast as well. It was very crowded at lunch but we got a seat pretty quick. I had the meat and three price was about $8 a person. That included soft drinks. I had the pulled pork, collard greens ,mac n cheese and coleslaw. I could not eat it all that is how much there was. I will say the mac n cheese was not hot but it was good. The pork was very tasty as was the collard greens. If in the area again I would go back.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Massachusetts
“Unpleasantly surprised”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

We were looking forward to some real bbq and found pulled pork that was adequate at best and turkey that was so heavily peppered it was almost inedible. Although pepper is a spice it should not overpower whatever it is used on. The sides were far from good and we have had better cornbread at Boston Market which isn't saying much. About the only good things we can say about our experience was that service (mostly self) was quick and the prices were only outrageous because the food was so bad.

• 1 of 5 stars Food