“To de for BBQ” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Waynesboro, Va.
“To de for BBQ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Ok, I would never go to this place with my Cardiologist nor with my personal trainer unless I just finished a marathon. But, a guy's gotta have some fun. Willard's is sooooo good. Not a lot of atmosphere, just great food served quickly. The line was almost out the door at 11:45 last Friday morning but my wait for take-out was perhaps 10 minutes. I had what they call soup but I call it "stoop."
It was a fabulous gumbo full of a variety of BBQ'ed meats with great BBQ flavor, beans and rich. My spoon stood upright in it. A pint, the usual serving, is a full meal plus there was a chunk of cornbread with it. On subsequence days, I has two different chili's which were also thick, tasty and amongst he best I've ever had. And all for less than $5.00!!!!!!!!
I've eaten there or had take-out 5 o 6 times and Willard's never disappoints.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Mexico, New York
“Found this place too late!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Just as I was heading out of town, I stumbled upon Willards. I had the pulled pork, baked beans and some salad-thing. It was all great. I will definitely eat there again on my next trip to Chantilly.

Visited October 2012
Atlantic Beach, Fla
“Lives up to Rep”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

We visited this restaurant based on Trip Advisor reviews. This establishment totally lived up to expectations. Portions were generous. Food was very good. Highly recommend

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lovettsville, Virginia
“Outstanding BBQ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I wouldn't go anywhere else for BBQ in Northern Virginia. The meats are eastern North Carolina style, tangy and moist. The sides are Memphis style, sweet and flavorful, esp. the baked beans. Wide selection of sandwiches, platters, and bulk take-out--it is hard to choose what to eat on your first visit. Whatever you decide on, it will be difficult to finish it all even if you are really hungry. Nice selection of craft and imported beers as well.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Waynesboro, Va.
“Great BBQ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Willards has a great advertizing gimmick. They allow the great hickory smoke from their pits to permeate a nearby parking lot, your nose does the rest.
Had several lunches there recently and thought the pulled pork sandwich and the BBQed chicken to be as good as it gets.
But the best dish, in my view, was the kale soup with mashed potatoes.
Service is quick, there are tables for dining inor you can get take out.

• Visited September 2012