“Wow--I just don't get it” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 129 Restaurants in Chantilly
Dining options: Dinner
Dining options: Dinner
Northern VA
“Wow--I just don't get it”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

My second trip here for lunch as I wasn't overly thrilled with my first visit. I adore Pad Thai and try it as often as I can at various NoVA restaurants. Perhaps because they are planning for a large lunch crowd this dish suffers. I found it very dry (both times) and very bland. I feel they have cooked this earlier as they plan for the lunch crowd.

Sorry but I'm not going to give 'em a third try. FWIW--best Pad Thai I've found is a tiny place in Vienna--around the corner from Jammin' Java. No comparison if you try both!!

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Jacksonville Beach, Florida
“Laid back, quick, and good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

On a major road outside, DC, pleasant people and quick service, next to a thai grocery store, proud of a Bobby Flay Throw Down, Pad Thai is their speciality but large menu, varied customers, local Thais and others like us

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Centreville, Virginia
“Excellent Pad Thai”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Tucked away and not visible from the road the restaurant is hard to find but well worth it. The restaurant had Pad Thai Throwdown with Bobby Flay and won. Can tell you the food was delicious. Pad Thai was amazing.

Visited September 2012
Clinton, Maryland
“Decent”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

The Sashimi was good, but not as fresh as I could have hoped for. The chicken rice was not that great and they gave me too much rice and 1 pack of soy sauce. The spicy tuna was runied by the crunchy flakes they put on top.

Visited July 2012
Chantilly, Virginia
“My One & Only Thai Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

After sampling various Thai restaurants in the Chantilly area, I quickly zeroed in on Thai Basil. Even during the lunch rush, the service is fast, the wait staff is friendly, and the owner--Nongkran Daks--regularly visits each table. I usually get the Khanom Jeeb (steamed dumplings filled with lean ground chicken, shrimp and water chestnuts. served with soy-ginger dip) as an appetizer and Pad Wun Sen (cellophane noodles stir-fried with egg and mixed vegetables) with shrimp as the main course. I even took the cooking class so I could make my own steamed dumplings!

• Visited January 2012