“Unbelievably authentic” 5 of 5 stars

Boston, Massachusetts
“Unbelievably authentic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

O M G.

My family was starving, looking for a reasonable place to eat in the Dulles Airport area and I came across this place while filling up gas nearby. Let's just say that my mom is still talking about the restaurant to this day.

It is a dive, it is located off the highway, and the parking lot becomes a mud pit if it rains heavily. The customers are 95% Hispanic (like me!) and look like they just stepped off the back of a work truck. There isn't any pretense. You go there because you're hungry, and want good food for a cheap price.

Stop reading this review (and other ones). Just go, and come back and thank me later.

Visited May 2014

Sterling, Virginia
“Tacos, Soup, never-mind the plastic tablecloth”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

The food here is absolutely amazing. The tacos are brimming with well seasoned meat (I get steak, and they're fantastic!), and served with the freshest crema and flavorful salsa. Their beef soup is the best in the area, and while pupusas aren't my thing, I have friends who say they are authentic, and delicious.

My co-workers and I visit probably once a week, and I've taken family members here and recommended it highly to friends, although I usually warn them of the following:

As the prior reviewer stated, this restaurant is absolutely packed with day-laborers between about 11:30 and 1:30, and only seats about 25. The outside gravel parking lot has potholes, the exterior (and interior) look a little run-down, and maybe a tiny bit seedy. None of that changes the amazing, quick, flavorful food. Yes, it helps to speak Spanish, but you don't have to (I don't).

Tacos will run you $2 ea, and are large. The Soup runs about $10 per bowl, but a bowl will have generous helpings of meat and will leave you quite full. They will split bowls if you ask.

Again, for someone willing to go a tiny bit out of their comfort zone in Northern Virginia-- this food is flavorful, inexpensive, and filling.

• Visited February 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Comfort Food for Latinos”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Heard good things about this little place, but it's not my kind of food. It caters mostly to day laborers, at least during lunch, and they are a friendly bunch - but the place gets packed. Little English spoken, but we managed to get good service. Big portions, wide variety - everything was quite good, but too much corn for me (I prefer flour burritos.)

• Visited February 2013