“Good experience” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Chantilly, Virginia
“Good experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

If you like fish and seafood, then this is a very good place to eat. Good atmosphere, fast service, good beer.

We had steamed shrimp, raw oysters, Caesar salad, and the mahi mahi special. It was all very good. Well prepared, not overlooked. We requested steamed shrimp.

I base my rating on price and quality so this place is a bargain for tasty food with great service.

GO!

Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina
“Best area seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Made a trip to the South Riding location as it is closer to home. Fords has duplicated the quality of their Ashburn location, as this was as good as the original. The favorite restaurant of me and my wife. The new location is bigger. We went on the first Saturday that they were open for lunch. Wish they had a frequent visitor card, as me and the wife will definitely be back.

here
“Good food, waits too long”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

After a failed attempt shortly after this new location opened, we visited Ford's Fish Shack this weekend (previous weekends wait were extremely long). We called ahead at 5:45, were told the wait would be an hour and a half and showed up shortly before 7:15. Waited an additional 30-35 minutes. The bar and dining room were very noisy.

Food was pretty good. We started with the deviled egg appetizers, these were pretty good with lots of mustardy yolk. I had the crabcakes. The 2 cakes were almost all crab with very little filler. They were tasty but quite salty They are usually served with french fries but I subsituted chorizo macaroni & cheese. Again, delicious but a little over-salted. My husband had the salmon, a very large portion in a dijon mustard sauce that my he really enjoyed. I had the frozen blueberry lemonade cocktail, very yummy. Our server Martin was excellent.

The former restaurant in this location had a few tables outside, hopefully Ford's will do the same as the weather warms up. And hopefully they will have lunch hours soon like the Ashburn location, the restaurant opens at 3:30 and I wouldn't mind going for lunch during the week to avoid those weekend dinner crowds. But we'd definately go again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing, as always....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

This was our first visit to the South Riding location. We have visited the Ashburn location several times. This experience was just as good as our experiences in Ashburn.... however, this new location features a larger bar and larger restaurant area.

It was Friday night, so we utilized the call ahead seating, about 50 minutes for a party of two. The service was fantastic, and the food met my already high expectations. The fish of the day was a grilled halibut with asparagus and cauliflower mash. It was a perfect combination, and perhaps my favorite mash of any I've ever had.

We finished off the meal with some creme brulee... this was absolutely delicious.

I would recommend Ford's to anyone in the area craving seafood.

“A great find!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

We are spending several days in the DC area and were looking to find some good seafood. After reading about Ford's Fish Shack, Ashburn, Va and the long waits to get in we were glad to see that there was a new location. We stopped by in the afternoon to make reservations, which it turns out they do not take at this location. They do allow you to call ahead to put your name on their "wait list". We only had to wait about 10 minutes to get seated. Our server, Rebecca, was fantastic. She told us about the specials and got us started with wine, Clam Chowdah and Oysters. My wife had the special, Flounder and I had the Crab Cakes (held together with determination). Also substituted the Christobal Potato Salad for the fries.

Everything was great!! Hope we can stop by again some time.....................

• Visited March 2013