“Very good, cheap Mexican” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #45 of 127 Restaurants in Chantilly
Cuisines: Mexican
Glenside, Pennsylvania
“Very good, cheap Mexican”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Happened upon El Fresco when I got lost trying to find another Mexican place. What a happy circumstance! I had the chimichanga lunch special which I thought was very reasonably priced and very yummy. My husband had the beef tacos special which he also enjoyed. Definitely would go back! The staff were all very friendly. Very casual atmosphere. I'm pretty picky about Mexican, and this tasted just right. A little different than some of the restaurants that drizzle melted cheese all over their food, but I didn't seem to miss it. One of the staff told me that the recipes are 30 years old. Free chips and salsa bar with an order.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

South Riding, Virginia, United States
“Our Favorite Quick Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

This place is what it is. It's not fine dining, and it's not a place to sit and talk over candlelight. It's fast food Mexican, but it is VERY GOOD fast food Mexican. They do prepare everything when you order it so it comes out hot and fresh. The serving sizes are not huge, but seem just right to me. I love their simple black bean enchiladas best, but everything I've had there seems good. And I really like that I can go get more salsa at the salsa bar if I want it. We frequently eat Saturday lunch there while out running errands and weeknight dinners after work. A good value for very good food!

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fairfax, Virginia
“Good, Quick Mexican”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

We decided to check out El Fresco because we had a coupon. Our last experience with the same kind of coupon (for Luciano's in Fair Oaks Mall) it was a disaster. But we were pleasently surprised by El Fresco.

The food we had was flavorful and ready quickly. They had sweet tea witch is always a plus as well. They had a large variety of options and a salsa bar. We were very please.

It seemed a bit expensive for an order-at-the-counter restaurant but not by much. Our only other change would be we want more cheese! Also, be aware it is a family place. Everyone else there had kids. So not the perfect location for a romantic evening out.

But next time we want some casual mexican, we will definitely go to El Fresco.

• Visited October 2012