“Sure beats IHOP!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
Fairfax, Virginia
“Sure beats IHOP!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Would have driven by it half a dozen times had not my wife said she'd heard good things about it! And good things are to be found at this little jewel in the Fair City Mall. Decidedly a breakfast restaurant, they close daily at 2:00PM or so. I had a very good omelet with English muffin while my wife enjoyed a special bowl of veggies and some sort of cooked grain. Very good both although I do rate their coffee as weak and rather tasteless. A breakfast place should have better coffee. Pricing was about right, service attentive and the time spent with a good meal made for a fine morning. We'll probably go back.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Lansdowne, Virginia
“Good service but food lacks a lot!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

The place wasnt anything special. Food needs some help and so does the coffee. The coffee was so watery and tasteless. So they got me another pot and it was the same thing again. So I stuck with water. The server was very nice but forgot a few things and we kept asking her but she still forgot so I asked another server and she brought over what we needed. The food on the other hand needs work! The crepes were dry and flavorless so I asked for syrup, that helped. The granola was so-so but too sugary. The blueberry muffin was excellent though!! Basically the food is very bland and tasteless. I know they are new to the area but they've got their work cut out for them if they want to stay open! I would return but not for the crepes or coffee!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Krazyjayhawk, General Manager at First Watch, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for the feedback we apologize for any short comings on your visit. We strive to provide the best food and service around. We would love for you to come back an see us again, please ask for a manager so we can introduce ourselves. Thank you so much again.
DC area
“First time's a charm!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

The restaurant is recently opened, very clean, open, and cheerful. We were seated immediately, and greeted by our polite server shortly after sitting down. The service is awesome, "certainly, my pleasure, thank you, etc". We were served refills for our iced tea without asking, and each came with a new lemon wedge (important for those who like lemon!). Our food was very good. I had the bacon and onion Skillet Hash. It was the perfect serving size and my over medium eggs were over medium. It was fresh and tasted good. My husband ordered the Chickichanga and it was also very good. The tortilla was slightly crispy, and the sauce was good. Both were served with a ramekin of fresh fruit. I think the portions were perfect and were a good value for the price (about 8.50 per entree). I will definitely go back! Good food and good service!

• Visited January 2013