“Ethnic Homemade South Indian Non-Veg” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #39 of 129 restaurants in Chantilly
Cuisines: Indian
Chantilly, Virginia
“Ethnic Homemade South Indian Non-Veg”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

One of my favorites! It is authentic Chettinadu cooking. It feels like eating at a restaurant in South India. It is one of a kind restaurant in the area. There are not that many South Indian non veg places around. However the food is spicy. If you are not from that part of the world (States of Tamil Nadu, Kerala and Andra Pradesh in India) you may find the food too spicy. The lunch buffet is a good value.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

80% Recommend
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Ridiculous”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

First off, what kind of Indian restaurant doesn't have Tandoori Chicken? Really? It's not like the place was packed full of people. We were the only ones there for at least 10-15 minutes before another group came in.

So we ordered a different chicken dish and a goat dish. Both were supposed to be "mild" on the spice. However, when the meals arrived, they were so spicy it was impossible to enjoy the meals. This was surprising to me because my friends and family know I'm not a person that shys away from spicy food. But this restaurant's idea of "mild" is ridiculously spicy. The server should have given us some kind of warning.

I seriously doubt I'll be coming back to this place.

Side note: The only reason I didn't give it a "1 - Terrible" rating is because the restaurant looked clean.

• Visited September 2012