“Great hotel near IAD and great rates!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Chantilly
brooklyn
“Great hotel near IAD and great rates!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Recently had an overnight at Dulles International airport , and had to stay at the Holiday Inn , Chantilly. It was a great hotel , clean , the staff was very welcoming , and the room was spacious and really nice. The fire alarm happened to go off at 8:30 in the morning, but the front desk had no control over that it was someone pulling the fire alarm as a joke, not funny at all. The van had picked us up ontime when we flew into IAD and was available for our departure the next day back to the airport to catch our flight. There are a vast array of Restaurants around the hotel where you can eat without spending a fortune!

Room Tip: Any room at this hotel it just depends on if you need two beds or a king size bed! Just a great hot...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Evergreen, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

I stay here on average once a month. Not by choice, I think my company likes to torture us by choosing this place.
It is reliably dirty. The last time I stayed, ....well let me just paint a picture. Let's say that you visited an Irish pub, in Ireland, one that is 400 years old. The day after st. Patricks day, and you put your head into the men's bathroom, very near to the urinal..... That is what my room smelled like at Chantilly.
The staff did change my room to one that didn't smell like that. It smelled more like chemicals that are sprayed on a carpet, furniture in order to cover bad smells.
I was lucky, because there was another room available to change to.....cause if they are full, your screwed.
Block.

Room Tip: Find another hotel.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
vatech2, Owner at Holiday Inn Chantilly - Dulles Expo, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Peggy303,

Thank you for the feedback on your last stay. I apologize that the room was not to your satisfaction. I appreciate that you gave use a great review back in 2012. I will be using your comments as a training tool with our housekeeping department. Please be assured that we will do everything we can to ensure that you will not experience those issues on your next stay and we will once again "Exceed your Expectations." Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you back at the Holiday Inn.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Well, if you get around, you learn for life. This time it certainly was my mistake after a 18 hours flight time to get onto the wrong bus at Dulles airport.

At Dulles Airport, there is more than one Holiday Inn and it is easy to overlook what bus is going to which hotel. So I ended up at the Holiday Inn Sterling first.

While the friendly staff was helpful finding out that I have no reservation there, the total time it took was one hour to get back to airport ..

Besides, the personnel at Holiday In Sterling seems to have an argument with each other - at least the clerk and the repair man were constantly shouting at each other while I was waiting for the next bus. I cannot comment for the rooms, but the entrance area is a little run down.

Back to the other Holiday Inn Chantilly : It was quite a nice difference, very clean, spacier lobby, nice, and a friendly staff, but somewhat small rooms A/C was loud and bulky, too. Had a decent night after switching off the noisy beast.

Pgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

We have stayed at this hotel for years, the place is clean, staff friendly. There is a pool that is well maintained. The restrauant is great, one of the few eateries that has a 7 day a week happy hour, prices on drinks great, food is very good, they have an early bird dinner for $9.99 main course plus soup or salad. The staff at the restrauant is amazing,,they keep,up with a lot of tired, thirsty and hungry guests. We stay here about 4 times a year, we can walk from the expo center just across the parking lot, love not having to drive after a long work day and we don't miss sitting in traffic!

Room Tip: Just stay away from any blocked rooms. Wedding parties etc.
Staten Island, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

The reason we stayed here was that my husband was attending an event at the Dulles Expo, so it was the most convenient. With AAA discount the total charge was $90.72 (no breakfast but free wi-fi). I have no complaints about the hotel, but also felt there was no "wow" factor either.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Stayed in this hotel for couple days, for business trip, front desk is useless, don't give you any information, in general seems like then don't care at all, went to the pool, it was dirty and as the excuse they said because of the rain and paint on the bottom it's dirty. Well, not a big deal, then ordered room service, and the prices in a room menu is different than at the restaurant, so I.ll suggest just double check. And actually last night of my stay decided to go to the restaurant at the hotel and seemed like it was separate planet with the hotel. People speak english, had great customer service, and they made my stay. Thank you Paul( who as a manager was running around and helping with everything, he is amazing,handsome man, beautiful smile, knows how to professionally talk to the guests, be nice and be respectful ) Becky(amazing bartender even in busy hours), Abby and Gerardo(lovely waitresses)!!! All of you did a great job ! Because of you I.d like to come back !!!
Otherwise hotel definitely needs improvements! !!!
From Russia with love,
Anastasia :)

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Las Vegas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I went on a group trip so there was some delay in getting to my room and the first room I was given was in the beginning stages of being cleaned. I was given another room a short time later and it was clean and comfortable. My sister discovered to her surprise that her room did not have a bathtub and she likes to take baths and not showers. After a long trip there she was too tired to ask for another room. The group leader had arranged for our group to have breakfast and we were given a private dining area. The breakfast was O.K. with the exception of the fake eggs and no toaster for the sliced bread that on the serving table. We asked for a toaster for two mornings but did not get one until the third and last morning. After getting orange juice and very good coffee at the included breakfast, my friends and I paid for breakfast in the restaurant for two of the three mornings.

Room Tip: If you want a bathtub let the desk know.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Chantilly - Dulles Expo, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear Rosalyn P,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. We apologize for the shortfalls you have experienced during your stay. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and we hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Chantilly - Dulles Expo? Share your experiences!