“A good place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 14 hotels in Chantilly
Whitby, Canada
“A good place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

This is a typical Holiday Inn; clean rooms, great fixtures, comfortable rooms.

Redwan checked me in; he messed up by not giving me breakfast vouchers. The next morning I went to the desk and Redwan was chatting with what must have been a regular customer. They spoke of family and hardships. The guest left saying that he'd see Redwan next month.

When Redwan checked my reservation he said..."This was my fault"...wow, so refreshing to see folks take ownership...a minute later I was of with my voucher.

If Redwan is the typical employee, small wonder that they get repeat business. For a large hotel, it is still a family shop. It is a place that cares.

This hotel is just a few minutes from the Udvary-Hazy Museum..easy to get to on major roads. I came up from Manassas and again it is easy to get to from the south.

The breakfast included was good...a fresh omelet both days for me, with trimmings, but you could have a buffet.

The rooms were very clean and roomy; the TV functional etc.

The Hotel sits on a plaza; in spite of some other reviews, my room was quiet, overlooking the pool area (great place in the summer). The surrounding stores only include a Walmart Superstore and some side stores ( not a full mall) but the plaza has a McDonald's, Wendy's, Taco Bell and...a Hooters.... and a gas station

Room Tip: Based on other reviews away from the hotel's fans on the north side; Walmart side is quiet
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

121 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for 5 nights and couldn't really fault it.

Shuttle is complimentary and runs very frequently.

I liked the restaurant quite a lot.

If you wish to kill some time, go to the Aerospace museum. To do this you could ask for the hotel shuttle to take you there and collect you from there. All complimentary.

Walmart is opposite this hotel which is only 3 minutes walk away

To get into Central Washington - take airport shuttle and go to the airport. From there take a bus to Washington. I do not remember the timetable but you could ask Hotel shuttle driver whom will surely help.

I will highly recommend is hotel for 1-5 nights stay if you happen to be in or around Dulles airport area.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

Let me preface this review by stating that I am an IHG Platinum member and I stay at a lot of different IHG branded properties over the course of the year. With that being said, this was one of the nicest Holiday Inn properties that I have stayed at this year both from a friendliness, functionality, and features standpoinnt.
The property is basicallly located behind Dulles airport and is the centerpiece of a largish commercial area that includes many dining and shopping options as well as the Dulles Expo Hall.
You can easily walk to multiplle dining options as well as to a Wal Mart which is right across the parking lot..
The rooms looked to be recently upgraded and were on par with any 4 star property that you would compare them with.
They also have a complimentary shuttle that runs 24 hours to get you back and forth from Dulles.
I look forward to my next stay here and would not hesitate to recommend this property if you are in the area.

Fayetteville, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

This was my second time staying at this Holiday Inn location and they work hard at treating their guest well. I requested the same room as my previous visit 15 months earlier and the staff had it waiting for me. I am a civilian working for the Military and attend training in that area on occasion. The staff are always nice and welcoming, the rooms are great and the staff at the attached "Bob O's" restaurant makes you feel welcome and like you are family. The attached Bob O's is one of your best features. Thank you for a great stay, I will be returning.

Westborough, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

Cold room, nobody on staff speaks understandable english, never again for me. Room is way overpriced, though location is good. For what you paid for this room, at least breakfast should have neen included. Could not wait to check out. Room did not even have a tub to soak, along with not having a hot tub.

Room Tip: Do not choose this hotel.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Bob J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chantilly - Dulles Expo, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on our hotel, and I am sorry that you were not satisfied. Without your reservation information, I do not know what you paid for your room. Our rates are typically lower than other full service hotels in the area, and we do have rates available that include breakfast. I don’t know if you mentioned the temperature in the room to our staff, but our maintenance people can usually make a quick adjustment to the thermostat, if there is a problem. If your room did not have a tub in your room, that would indicate that you stayed in a room with a King bed. We do have rooms with two Double Beds that have tubs, and our staff will gladly move a guest to these rooms if a tub is important to their stay.

We are very proud of our award winning, diverse staff. The comment about communication issues is not one that we hear often, and I’m sorry that you feel you were affected in that way.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.

Nazareth, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

It's not a 5-Star Hotel but tries to be like one! The desk staff is friendly and efficient. The free hotel shuttle to the Udvar-Hazy museum and local area was a huge plus. Room was very clean, bathroom area was also clean but was oddly-designed. Free hot coffee in the morning, but tea drinkers are left with a half-empty caraffe of luke-warm water. Pool area looked great although closed for the winter. Good IHG member reognition with bottled waters and free drink at the restaurant, Bob-O's, which was just OK, but better than the fast-food alternatives nearby. Would definitely recommend and/or stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your very nice review of our hotel, and for your positive recommendation. We are very proud of our staff, and I’m glad that’s the first thing you mentioned about your experience. I do hope you will return in the summer, so you can enjoy the pool!
Again, thank you for taking the time to recommend us, we appreciate it very much. I hope you will let me know the next time you stay so that I can say hello personally.

Hopewell Junction, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

My wife & I checked in on the 26th of November and stayed for four(4)nights. We had previously stay at this hotel back in May of this year. We requested and received the same room as what we had in May. It was quite spacious, roomy and extremely comfortable. It was actually two(2)rooms. The first room had a TV, couch, table, sink, microwave. It also had a balcony that faced the pool
The 2nd room had a very large king size bed, TV ,tables and tons of leg room as well as a very attractive bathroom. In my 15 years with IHG Rewards Club we have stayed in many different types of properties and this property, by far, is the best. We were warmly greeted at check-in and our reservations were waiting for us. The restaurant was excellent with friendly and quick service.
Mr. Bob Janis and his staff were outstanding and will always recommend this hotel to my family, my friends and my fellow veterans

Room Tip: Try to get the "44"line of room
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Bob J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chantilly - Dulles Expo, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Dear bnshirt;

Thanks so much for the outstanding review of our hotel! We appreciate the recognition of our staff in the hotel and the restaurant.

We're glad you enjoy our "44" series suite--an upgrade that is a benefit of your being an IHG Rewards member.

We look forward to your return to Chantilly. Thanks again for your review and for recommending the Holiday Inn Chantilly to your family, friends, and fellow veterans.

GM

Been to Holiday Inn Chantilly - Dulles Expo? Share your experiences!