“Awesome New Hotel for Business Travelers” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Dulles Airport South

You added Hyatt Place Dulles Airport South to your Saves list
Hyatt Place Dulles Airport South
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4994 Weststone Plaza, Chantilly, VA 20151 (Formerly AmeriSuites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Double Your Points
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Chantilly
PA
“Awesome New Hotel for Business Travelers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2009

The Hyatt Place is a little out of the way, but very close to Dulles airport and worth the drive to anywhere in Northern Virginia. The rooms are large and feature a wet bar, fridge, sectional sofa, flat screen tv, etc. The staff was great and a complimentary breakfast is included in your stay. This place was clean, modern, and an awesome value!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Korean first
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2009

I just found out after starting this review that this property used to be an Amerisuites. Maybe that's why I was a little disappointed in my first stay at Hyatt's newest brand. The lobby was crowded with the "overly-cool-retro" concept that would have worked better in a space three to four times the size. The front entrance trashcan/"smoking area" overflowed and was never cleaned during our stay. The rooms are nice for the price, and you do get a decent continental breakfast. I know that room carpets are a lof of people's pet peeve and this one was no exception. There were several large spots on the floor that needed some significant work. The closet is miniscule. The electric outlet by the wet bar kept popping its GFI. It was quiet, and we got an advance purchase rate of $62 + tax. We chose this location due to its proximity to an event we were attending. We were there only one night so I guess I shouldn't complain so much. But I just expected more from a Hyatt, that's all. I have a feeling that the newer, purpose-built Hyatt Places are nicer, and more in keeping with the deisgn concept they had in mind. Would I stay again: only if I had too. There's a full-service Hilton right at Dulles we could have stayed at for only $15 more per night. Guess we shouldn't have penny-pinched.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2009

We only stayed here one night, getting in late and leaving early, but I would have been happy to stay longer. The rooms are large and comfortable, with plenty of amenities. We got this hotel through Priceline, so the the price was excellent. It would be a good choice for business travelers, with a nice working area, a place to relax, a free breakfast (ordinary continental), and close to the airport. There is a free airport shuttle, and the front staff is friendly. If I had reason to be in Chantilly/DC area again, I'd return to this hotel.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
dayton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2009

We were here for a long weekend and very much enjoyed our stay. The room was very large and clean with a great layout. Breakfast was very basic but plentiful. The pool area was nice and the staff was very helpful. Went to the Texas Roadhouse in eyeshot of the hotel and received a 10% discount just for showing our room key. Would definitely go back for a great deal- both nights $112 with tax. Just awesome.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2009

This was my 11th grade class trip to washington DC, so we stayed at this hotel cause it was like $60 a night. Anyway, first night, there were wet towels in the drawers, sperm stains on the sheets and a towel with blood on it that i noticed after my shower, and it wasn't mine. This was room number 201 I believe. We demanded a new room, and when we got in that one it seemed alright til I layed down and put my chin in something WET. It was a wet sperm stain on the pillow! That was the worst thing ever, besides the blood on the other side of the pillow. My teacher went to talk to the Manager to get a free night and lone behold he wasnt around. The breakfast sucked. And they don't respect your temperature preference, we had it set to 57 degrees and it was 78 when we came back. I wouldn't recommend going to this hotel even if it is cheap, and really close to an Applebee's.

• Stayed May 2009
Cape Town
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2009

The Hyatt Place concept is brilliant - very large rooms (you could call them mini suites) with just enough services to give you everything you really need. This is one of two that we stayed in on our cross-country trip and both were in impeccable condition, so I can only assume that the whole chain of Hyatt Place hotels is at the same level of excellence.

Like I said, the rooms are enormous and can sleep 6 in comfort (if you get the 2 double bed option) - we are a family of 4 so we slept in great comfort. I spent time swelling on the way the rooms are designed and and the architect responsible needs a huge pat on the back for getting the room design JUST RIGHT. The public areas were the same - awesome architectural design and perfectly executed.

Oh, and for some reason we got a brilliant deal on the hotel. We paid so little over the internet that we were expecting a dive, but were over the moon when we swa what we got.

Awesome!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2009

This is the second Hyatt Place my husband and I have stayed at, and we liked this one just as much as the first. Our goal was to find an affordable hotel in the outskirts of DC rather than stay in DC itself. We definitely found it with this hotel. The drive to DC wasn't bad at all, we were able to sleep in a quiet environment, and had several restaurants surrounding the hotel for our convenience. The staff was incredibly thoughtful and nice, and when we go to DC again later this year, we'll definitely be staying there. Beatriz and Lanka (not sure of the spelling) were especially helpful with questions about directions, places to eat, etc.

We got the room for $59/night, which is insane -- the rooms are nice and clean, the breakfast is adequate, the pool is good, the location is great -- I hope we are this lucky next time!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Hyatt Place Dulles Airport South? Share your experiences!