“Hyatt Place South” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Dulles Airport South

You added Hyatt Place Dulles Airport South to your Saves list
Hyatt Place Dulles Airport South
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4994 Weststone Plaza, Chantilly, VA 20151 (Formerly AmeriSuites)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Park.Stay.Fly.
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Chantilly
Richmond, Virginia
“Hyatt Place South”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We stayed there because of it's convenience to Dulles Smithsonian Museum, and we were very pleased with the staff, decor, cleanliness and appointments. Breakfast was OK. I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
LaurenR111, Manager at Hyatt Place Dulles Airport South, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad you found the cleanliness of the hotel and the assistance from our staff to be to your satisfaction. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Korean first
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

... unless you're doing daily business in D.C., this hotel is close to nearly everything - traffic on 28 is bad, but gauge the time and it's fine. Well hosted and very helpful staff. Great breakfast, room are comfortable and small items make the difference - glassware (not paper cups), blankets, great TV's with external hookups for computer and plenty of workspace. They don't advertise the shuttle, but it runs every half-hour.

Room Tip: Haven't had a bad room in the past three stays here...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed our spacious rooms, big TVs, work area, and our staff. I hope we will have the opportunity to serve you again.
Hamilton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

I stayed here with my 13 year old son and his soccer team during a recent tournament in the surrounding area. We had a suite with 2 double beds, very spacious and clean. Beds were very comfortable for this fussy sleeper with plenty of pillows and extra blankets. The additional sitting/desk area also included a sink and fridge and allowed plenty of room to spread out. The bathroom was a little cramped however and try as I might, could not get the shower head to either hold it's position or produce the desired stream of water. The shower curtain could not be adjusted to keep all of the water in the shower either. When we arrived, after a long bus ride, a shower was in order, apparently by lots of people judging by the lack of water pressure and luke warm hot water. My inoperative fridge was replaced promptly by maintenance and there are lot's of food options in the surrounding strip malls. I did not have the opportunity to explore much beyond the immediate area, but it seems to be fairly close to many places one would want to go in the DC area. Included breakfast offered more than the usual continental fare with lot's of "healthy" options, including hot and cold cereal, yogurt, juices, milk with the old greasy standards available also. Friendly staff. Slept well. Clean. Nothing exceptional.

Room Tip: Higher floors perhaps get you out of road/mall noise.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
LaurenR111, Manager at Hyatt Place Dulles Airport South, responded to this review, April 13, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I apologize for the issues you encountered with the water pressure and shower, these issues will be addressed. However, it is great to hear you loved our spacious guest rooms and complimentary breakfast. I am glad you were able to sleep well and found the treatment from the staff to be friendly and accommodating. We hope to have the chance to serve you again next time you are in the Chantilly area.
Chesapeake, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel many times and have not had any issues until now. Check in staff was great. My room was next to the highway which was very noisy. The two bus load of teenagers checked in. I had stomping above me and noise up until 12:00am. The staff attempted to help. I am sure the folks on the bus did not pay the same price fro the rooms as we did (6 of us). I no longer recommend this hotel. The morning clerk did not seem to care especially when we said we may no longer stay there. The breakfast was good. Room comfortable.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper stay n the from of the hotel.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I apologize for the noise you encountered during your stay due to the large group that was in house. If you decide to stay with us again please reach out to me at Lauren.Robbins@hyatt.com. I hope you will change your mind and give us another chance to make up for this past visit.
Daytona Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

My room faced the front of the hotel - the noise from the car wash across the street was almost unbearable. From sunrise to sunset cars drove through the automated car wash system. I even mentioned that I was a light sleeper and was surprised I was placed in a room facing the street.
On the plus side, you can walk to Applebee's and a Texas Roadhouse Restaurant and a couple other casual dining and fast food locations.

I tried the cream of mushroom soup - it was good but pricey for the size of the cup.
The hummus trio however was outstanding!

Room Tip: Stay in a room facing the back of the hotel. The back of the hotel faces a nice quiet neighborhood...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
LaurenR111, Manager at Hyatt Place Dulles Airport South, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. The Hummus Trio is a favorite among our guests; glad you enjoyed it as well. I apologize that you were disturbed by the noise from the car wash during your stay. Next time we will put you on the other side of the hotel away from any loud noises so you can enjoy your stay to the fullest. We hope to see you again!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

Based on my experience from other Hyatt Place properties I decided to try this one. The first thing that I notice is it is a remodel not a brand new Hyatt. Don't get me wrong the property is nice and the room was huge but the lobby needs work. The seating for breakfast was all over the lobby. The breakfast items were in a room off to one side that did not have a good flow. The cups were in one area and the coffee was in another. It was a workout just to get your breakfast. The food was good and the staff was great but they may want to rethink their lobby layout. This will not stop me from staying here but I think next time I will eat in my room.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
LaurenR111, Manager at Hyatt Place Dulles Airport South, responded to this review, March 9, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time out of your day to review our hotel. I am glad that even though you found the layout between the seating area and the coffee and mugs frustrating you were satisfied with our breakfast service and the quality of the food. The feedback you gave on the layout will be considered and I apologize for the frustration it caused you. We look forward to your next visit!
Waynesboro, Va.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

We frequently stay here when we're in Chantilly on business and occasionally when flying out of Dulles. The property is located right off Hwy 28 about 3 or 4 miles north of I 66. The hotel is very comfortable, offers free internet, a nice breakfast that changes day to day and parking. They also offer a free shuttle service to Dulles about 6 miles away.
It's a nice package offering the amenities we prefer at a reasonable price.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for reviewing our property and your loyalty to our property. It is nice to hear that you feel comfortable at our hotel and enjoy our delicious complimentary breakfast! See you next time you are in the area!

Been to Hyatt Place Dulles Airport South? Share your experiences!