“Great Hotel - Noisy Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Dulles Airport South

You added Hyatt Place Dulles Airport South to your Saves list
Hyatt Place Dulles Airport South
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4994 Weststone Plaza, Chantilly, VA 20151 (Formerly AmeriSuites)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Chantilly
Daytona Beach, Florida
“Great Hotel - Noisy Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

My room faced the front of the hotel - the noise from the car wash across the street was almost unbearable. From sunrise to sunset cars drove through the automated car wash system. I even mentioned that I was a light sleeper and was surprised I was placed in a room facing the street.
On the plus side, you can walk to Applebee's and a Texas Roadhouse Restaurant and a couple other casual dining and fast food locations.

I tried the cream of mushroom soup - it was good but pricey for the size of the cup.
The hummus trio however was outstanding!

Room Tip: Stay in a room facing the back of the hotel. The back of the hotel faces a nice quiet neighborhood...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
LaurenR111, Manager at Hyatt Place Dulles Airport South, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. The Hummus Trio is a favorite among our guests; glad you enjoyed it as well. I apologize that you were disturbed by the noise from the car wash during your stay. Next time we will put you on the other side of the hotel away from any loud noises so you can enjoy your stay to the fullest. We hope to see you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Korean first
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

Based on my experience from other Hyatt Place properties I decided to try this one. The first thing that I notice is it is a remodel not a brand new Hyatt. Don't get me wrong the property is nice and the room was huge but the lobby needs work. The seating for breakfast was all over the lobby. The breakfast items were in a room off to one side that did not have a good flow. The cups were in one area and the coffee was in another. It was a workout just to get your breakfast. The food was good and the staff was great but they may want to rethink their lobby layout. This will not stop me from staying here but I think next time I will eat in my room.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
LaurenR111, Manager at Hyatt Place Dulles Airport South, responded to this review, March 9, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time out of your day to review our hotel. I am glad that even though you found the layout between the seating area and the coffee and mugs frustrating you were satisfied with our breakfast service and the quality of the food. The feedback you gave on the layout will be considered and I apologize for the frustration it caused you. We look forward to your next visit!
Waynesboro, Va.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

We frequently stay here when we're in Chantilly on business and occasionally when flying out of Dulles. The property is located right off Hwy 28 about 3 or 4 miles north of I 66. The hotel is very comfortable, offers free internet, a nice breakfast that changes day to day and parking. They also offer a free shuttle service to Dulles about 6 miles away.
It's a nice package offering the amenities we prefer at a reasonable price.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for reviewing our property and your loyalty to our property. It is nice to hear that you feel comfortable at our hotel and enjoy our delicious complimentary breakfast! See you next time you are in the area!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

The staff had the best customer service and smiles. Our room had a small problem BUT it was fixed as soon as we made a report. The rooms are nice and big and the shower is sexy. We can't wait to book another weekend here.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
LaurenR111, Manager at Hyatt Place Dulles Airport South, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
Thank you for taking time out of your day to write this review. It is fantastic that you found our staff to be top notch! Glad we could fix your issue and you could enjoy your stay at the Hyatt Place Chantilly. Looking forward to serving you again on your next visit!
Pickerington, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a wedding for two nights. We prefer Marriott as we are frequent travelers but this was where the wedding party chose. For the room rate we were happy for the most part. Room was spacious with separated sleeping and large seating area and a medium fridge and desk. Bed was ok. There is a large walk-in shower. Walls were quite thin which is my only major complaint. All the hotel staff were very nice! Breakfast was better than I expected although I always think having Starbucks coffee is a negative. I didn't try the eggs but the sausage and waffles were good. The oatmeal needed to be hotter. Fresh fruit, muffins, and juice were nice. If the rate was the same we may stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am pleased to hear you loved our spacious guest rooms. I apologize you were disappointed with the oatmeal temperature during your stay. Please know that this is an issue we will talk with the staff to correct. I hope you will stay with us again if you are in the area.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

I had never stayed at a Hyatt Place before but this trip allowed me to stay in two different ones, a day and 800 miles apart. The first one was prior to flight from IAD. Accommodations were very nice. It is located about 7 or 8 miles from airport. Free shuttle to and from is available. We parked our vehicles there for the duration of our vacation. Several restaurants are within walking distance. All rooms are semi suites with a pullout sofa, sink and refrigerator, etc. Lobby area was very nice with for-purchase sandwiches, bar, etc. a very nice free breakfast is offered. Free wifi. Will definitely stay again!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
LaurenR111, Manager at Hyatt Place Dulles Airport South, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Thank you for taking time out of your day to review the Hyatt Place Chantilly. It is great to hear that your stay was wonderful! The location, spacious guest rooms, and convenience of 24 hour food makes our hotel a great choice! We are all looking forward to your next stay with us!
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

For the price I paid for this room through Priceline it is a steal so I am not going to be too mean, but still being fair. The room is a good size with a king bed and a huge sofa bed so for the three of us it is superb. However, the sliding doors for the standing shower are made with flaws, because they can never be closed tight to the edges so whenever we take a shower there will be puddles of water in the bathroom. I have notified the front desk about this problem but they never fix it for the 6 days we stay there. Breakfast is nice especially on week days, but then the breakfast area is way too small for the size of this hotel so we almost always have to wait for a table or even a chair to be available. Location wise, it is great because I can enter the highway in just a minute to get some where, and right next to the hotel are two strip malls with two gas stations and many eateries.

Room Tip: We have a room at the end of one of the building wings and it is quiet.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
LaurenR111, Manager at Hyatt Place Dulles Airport South, responded to this review, January 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I do apologize that your shower was not fixed during your stay. However, I am pleased to hear you loved our spacious guest rooms and the location of the hotel. I hope you will choose to stay with us next time you are in the area.

Been to Hyatt Place Dulles Airport South? Share your experiences!