“Room to rest, room to work” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Place Dulles Airport South to your Saves list
Orbitz.com Booking.com
Hyatt Place Dulles Airport South
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4994 Weststone Plaza, Chantilly, VA 20151 (Formerly AmeriSuites)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Free Breakfast & WIFI
Ranked #9 of 14 hotels in Chantilly
Charleston, South Carolina
“Room to rest, room to work”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

I found this property after the Westfields Marriott failed to honor a reservation and I was left without a room at 10 p.m. one evening. I deleted the Marriott from my preferred list, and now book return visits to Hyatt Place. Besides being more affordable, the Hyatt Place is comfortable, convenient, provides a mini-suite, and has a very courteous staff. The property is well maintained, quiet, and rooms include a living area in addition to a sleeping area. Breakfast is free, Starbucks coffee is served, and wi-fi is included in the rate. Located in an excellent location with easy walking distance of several places to eat.

Room Tip: I have stayed on several floors in various areas and, except for unattended kids running the hallway...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
LaurenR111, Manager at Hyatt Place Dulles Airport South, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad you have found our hotel to meet all of your needs with its price, location, cleanliness, comfort and our staff. I hope you will continue to return to our hotel and we continue to exceed your expectations.

171 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
South Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

The only person I dealt with at the desk ( at check in) needs serious training. When I informed him that someone's car lights were on in the parking lot ( and apparently matched the description of his car), he very rudely yelled for another staffer ( who is clearly in her final days of pregnancy) to check his car for him. I was the only customer there, so there really was no need to have her do it instead of checking himself, or at least to ask her instead of barking at her. He then wanted my email for some Hyatt list. I declined. He asked again. I declined. He asked again. I declined. As I walked to the elevator, he yelled that if I changed my mind to come see him. Grrrrr. The room came with a very worn couch complete with lots of ironing burns and blackened grout in the shower. It is very easy to get there from the airport and to get to the office park, but I would look for an alternative before staying here again.

• Stayed September 2013
LaurenR111, Manager at Hyatt Place Dulles Airport South, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
I apologize for your experience during check in. I will be addressing the issues you experienced with our staff to make sure this doesn't happen again. If you are in the area again and would like to give us another chance please contact me personally at Lauren.Robbins@hyatt.com. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
Chesapeake, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Very happy with my stay in this hotel, very modern, and the rooms are a great size. The price was extremely affordable so I was pleasantly surprised at how nice it was. In a great area with restaurants within walking distance. Staff very accommodating!

I did have an issue with my room and the manager was very responsive and I was very happy with the outcome!

I will certainly stay here again should I be in the area!!!! You cant go wrong

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and were pleased with our staff. Also, it’s great to hear we could come up with a resolution that satisfied you and you are looking forward to staying with us again. See you next time!
LaVale, Md
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

This was one of the nicest, modern hotels I have ever stayed at. The room was very large, with a large HD Tv and seperate sitting area with a couch, desk, kitchenette. It was extremely clean and well maintained. The staff were very personable, always asking if I needed anything. Very nice area, close to a shopping center with many stores and restaurants. I was attending a conference at the Westfield Marriott which was only a half mile away. I would stay here any time. Excellent hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
LaurenR111, Manager at Hyatt Place Dulles Airport South, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am pleased to hear your room was cleaned to your satisfaction and you found our staff to be friendly and helpful. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again!
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

hi i stayed at the hyatt through hotwire secret deals and got a great rate of $59. the rooms were large and spotless with a great range of complimentaries available. The lobby bar had a great happy hour 4 to 6 and there were free shuttle buses to reston and the airport which led to a great night out.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
LaurenR111, Manager at Hyatt Place Dulles Airport South, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review Hyatt Place Chantilly. I am happy to hear you found our rooms to be cleaned to your satisfaction and our oversized rooms met your needs. It is great to hear you were able to enjoy our happy hour during your stay! We hope we will have the opportunity to serve you again!
Frederick, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Right off Rt 28 with gas and lots of restaurants within walking distance. Kinda unique lobby area called the Gallery. Lots of comfy seating and free wireless. It's open 24/7 and they serve sandwiches, salads, flatbread pizza long with beer and wine. Complimentary breakfast.

The room is nice but quirky. The bedroom and couch area shares the same flat screen tv but you have to swivel it to see it and not a good view from bed. Bathroom is tiny although walk in shower roomy. My room smelled like deodorizer so somebody must have smoked in it. They were repairing the roof of the from entrance on a Saturday beginning early which work mr up.

Outdoor pool but no whirlpool.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am pleased to hear you found our hotel to be in a good location with all the restaurants within walking distance. It is also great to hear you had the opportunity to enjoy our bakery cafe during your stay. I do apologize for the inconvenience you experienced being woken up early from our roof work. I hope we get the chance to serve you again!
Pensacola Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

The location is good - there are a number of restaurants within walking distance. The front desk staff is exceptionally friendly and personable.

The breakfast is standard, but sufficient - cereals, bread, mixed fruit, etc. It's fine for a bite before work. The coffee is good.

I like the setup of the rooms, but if you like to watch tv, you might be frustrated by its odd position on the wall. There's a couch and desk area near the door. A half wall separates the bed area. The tv splits the two areas between the couch & the bed, but I'm not sure it's really good for either.

The AC is a little loud.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am glad you found our front desk staff to be pleasant and helpful during your stay and the breakfast met your needs. We hope we get the chance to serve you again!

Been to Hyatt Place Dulles Airport South? Share your experiences!