“Spacious Room but” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Dulles Airport South

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Place Dulles Airport South to your Saves list
Hyatt Place Dulles Airport South
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4994 Weststone Plaza, Chantilly, VA 20151 (Formerly AmeriSuites)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Free Breakfast & WIFI
Ranked #6 of 14 hotels in Chantilly
Friendswood
“Spacious Room but”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

The hotel is located in a nice campus-like setting. However, there are NO decent restaurants or shops nearby. We got a double bed room. The hotel is very clean and well-kept. However, the room is poorly sound proof/noise insulated. We were right next door to a room with a young kid. We could hear the crying past midnight. To make matter worse, the parents were screaming at the kid loudly too!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
LaurenR111, Manager at Hyatt Place Dulles Airport South, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the Hyatt Place Chantilly. I am pleased to hear you found the setting of our hotel to be accommodating and the hotel was clean to your satisfaction. I do apologize for the inconvenience you encountered during your stay with the noise. I hope we will have the pleasure of serving you again.

181 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Convenient location to Dulles International and to the surrounding DC sites. There is not yet a metro station in the area but if you have a car it is convenient to the roads taking you to DC area sites. We had a king room with a nice seating area with couch that was a sleeper sofa, work desk, wet bar area with mini fridge. Room was very clean. Breakfast was complimentary and had your basic continental items and also included hot breakfast sandwiches and one other hot entree based on the day (waffle or french toast). Outdoor pool is on site. No shuttle service available from Dulles but this would still be a good fit for a business traveler or pleasure traveler with a car. We would definitely stay again if in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
LaurenR111, Manager at Hyatt Place Dulles Airport South, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are pleased to hear your stay with us was to you satisfaction. There is some information I would like you to have for your stay with us in the future. The closest metro is about 20 minutes from here. It is called the Vienna Metro Station and it is on the orange line. They are in the process of building a metro station that goes to the Dulles Airport. However, that won’t be open for at least another year. We do offer shuttle service from the Dulles Airport starting at 6:15 am and ending at 10:45 pm. If you do not have a car and do not want to pay the price of a cab to the metro any guest is welcome to take our Airport Shuttle to the Dulles Airport and then take the Metro Bus from there into D.C. We would be happy to give you more detailed information and a map of the metro if you stop by the desk on your next stay. I apologize you were not given this information on this stay. We look forward to serving you again!
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

First, let me start by saying that I did not pick this hotel. I was with a group and had no choice in the matter. Then let me tell you that I was pleasantly surprised. The rooms were spacious and inviting. The four of us had ample room to move around and I don't feel like we had to climb over one another. The pool was nice and clean, with a lifeguard on duty at all times (not very common, great if you have children). The best part of this hotel, was the food. SURPRISE!!! The free breakfast was awesome. Fresh fruit, cold cereal, hot cereal, french toasts, and breakfast sandwiches that were almost gourmet. Why every hotel doesn't offer free breakfast I will never know but for the price of this hotel plus the free food its definitely worth it especially if you are traveling with a family.

Other Pluses
This hotel is close to major highways. Close to great restaurants (Applebees, Texas Roadhouse, etc). Close to great shopping. (Ross Store less than 3 miles away, am I the only person excited about that?)

Minuses
One person in my group has severe allergies. This is a pet friendly hotel. I am not sure if the pets only stay on the ground level as it seemed that was the case but I am guessing the pet dander can travel via air, housekeeping equipment ect. My friend had an awful go of it the first day and a half or so. There was also a slight but noticeable odor the hallways that I believe was due to the rugs. I would suggest more frequent shampooing or vacuuming of them especially since animals are allowed in hotel. The rooms did not have this odor issue, and without it at all I would have easily given my stay five stars.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to review the Hyatt Place Chantilly. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and you loved our breakfast! I do apologize for the odor you smelt during your stay. In the future we will shampoo our carpets more often to be more effective in eliminating odors in our hallways. We hope we have the opportunity to serve you again!
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We stayed in the hotel two nights to meet part of our family in Dalles airport and then to move to Florida. We needed one room for four adults and a kid and not all the hotels could offer us such an opportunity. Very quiet place, well-kept with a good breakfast. Parking is free, What I would suggest to improve is shuttle bud driver discipline. We went downstairs 10 minutes before it scheduled departure and were waiting 20 minutes before I cdame to reception asking where the bus was. they told me that according to the schedule it left 10 minutes ago and I told them we were waiting all thet time but no bus was there. The guy called the driver and told us it will be there in 10 minutes but it arrived exactly at the time for the next bus, So in total we were waiting for 40 minutes! After we met our family in Dalles airport we called the hotel saying we are waiting for the bus and were promiced it would arrive in (again!) 10 minutes. We were waiting good 20 minutes and saw the bus at last but it did not intend to stop! We had to wave and practically go to the driveway to make it stop. the lady driver was not very welcoming as if she had to take us to the hotel agains her own will. It was really cold for summer on this day as Andrea storm was coming and we had a mother a a kid among us after 10 hours flight who were very tired and cold.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your breakfast during your stay and our spacious guest rooms satisfied your needs. I do apologize for the inconvenience you encountered with our shuttle. It does normally take 15-20 minutes to get to the Dulles Airport from our hotel. We have re-elaborated to the staff the proper procedures and correct shuttle times to avoid this situation in the future. I hope we have the opportunity to serve you again. Please email me personally at Lauren.Robbins@hyatt.com if you book a reservation in the future so I can verify your shuttle pick up with my staff and ensure it will be on time.
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I was visiting friends in Fairfax and Alexandria, but wasn't about to pay the astronomical prices that are offered as you get closer to DC. This is near the airport and near the highways to get you everywhere you need!

Favorites!
* Affordable ($70-ish/night)
* Free WIFI in rooms
* Free breakfast
* Outdoor pool
* Courteous staff
* Walking distance to a nice little plaza with restaurants, dollar store, and a gas station
* SPACIOUS room - with couch and fridge
* You would never know it is near the airport
* Safe area
* Free parking

There wasn't much to complain about though it would have been nice to have more than one elliptical in the fitness room, but I'm not going to be picky. :)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
LaurenR111, Assistant General Manager at Hyatt Place Dulles Airport South, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
We are happy to hear our hotel was able to meet your needs. The restaurants within walking distance of the hotel is a big perk. We also offer food 24/7 from our bakery cafe which is convenient as well. We try our best to meet each guests individuals needs and give a great experience. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and hope you choose Hyatt Place Chantilly when you visit the D.C. area in the future.
Tolleson, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Very nice hotel. The rooms 2 fulls beds, and pull out couch bed (slept 5 comfortable). Beds were comfortable but full size. Going from king size to full was really close proximity to my husband (I love him, but need space when sleeping next to him) Free breakfast was really good --waffles, oatmeal, fresh fruit, egg sandwiches. (repeated -so got boring after 7 days). 12 miles from metro, need to get taxi to get to metro. That cost us a lot. But the hotel picks you up from Dulles Airport for free, so we took the bus then into D.C. cheaper then metro almost same amount of time. We traveled in D.C. so if don't have a car this may not be the hotel for you. We had a car for most of the week except for the days described above. Staff was very nice and helpful. My sunglasses screw came out and they fixed it for me so went out of their way to be helpful. I would stay here again. Pool was nice with lifeguard. Kids swam some. Rooms were cleaned daily.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
LaurenR111, Assistant General Manager at Hyatt Place Dulles Airport South, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Hyatt Place Chantilly/Dulles Airport South. I am glad to hear that you found our staff to be helpful with all of your needs and you were able to take advantage of our airport shuttle for your D.C. travels. It was our pleasure to serve you during your stay and look forward to again in the future.
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Really a very nice experience. I have been in the hotel business for 19 years and my wife considers me a resortist snob. But I know quality and appreciate service. Although this is a typical mid-tierd business property, the details create a very, very nice experience. Lets start with the simple things....it's new and its clean. That alone makes it sufficient. But really the hotel staff and their consistency to answer yes to all of my requests put it over the top. Even though I missed the FREE breakfast buffet after my workout, the manager bought me a great cup of coffee at their barista machine. And their shuttle driver took me to the Air & Space museum twice as the museum worked through utility issues. Make sure to set aside some time in the lobby to grab a glass of wine or a pastry. Or what was great, there are about 10 restaurants within 100 yards of the hotel. We had steak, Peruvian and Vietnamese. But could have easily had the simple Applebee's or Fosters Grill. If I am ever in Chantilly again, Hyatt Place will get my first call.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Lauren S, Lead Gallery Host at Hyatt Place Dulles Airport South, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thank you for making time to review our hotel. I'm so glad you found our staff to be accommodating for all your requests. I will let them know what a great job they did and we all look forward to serving you again if you come back to the area!

Been to Hyatt Place Dulles Airport South? Share your experiences!