“Just What I Was Looking For!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Dulles Airport South

Orbitz.com Booking.com
Hyatt Place Dulles Airport South
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4994 Weststone Plaza, Chantilly, VA 20151 (Formerly AmeriSuites)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Free Breakfast & WIFI
Ranked #9 of 14 hotels in Chantilly
Cleveland, Ohio
“Just What I Was Looking For!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I was visiting friends in Fairfax and Alexandria, but wasn't about to pay the astronomical prices that are offered as you get closer to DC. This is near the airport and near the highways to get you everywhere you need!

Favorites!
* Affordable ($70-ish/night)
* Free WIFI in rooms
* Free breakfast
* Outdoor pool
* Courteous staff
* Walking distance to a nice little plaza with restaurants, dollar store, and a gas station
* SPACIOUS room - with couch and fridge
* You would never know it is near the airport
* Safe area
* Free parking

There wasn't much to complain about though it would have been nice to have more than one elliptical in the fitness room, but I'm not going to be picky. :)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
LaurenR111, Assistant General Manager at Hyatt Place Dulles Airport South, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
We are happy to hear our hotel was able to meet your needs. The restaurants within walking distance of the hotel is a big perk. We also offer food 24/7 from our bakery cafe which is convenient as well. We try our best to meet each guests individuals needs and give a great experience. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and hope you choose Hyatt Place Chantilly when you visit the D.C. area in the future.

171 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Tolleson, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Very nice hotel. The rooms 2 fulls beds, and pull out couch bed (slept 5 comfortable). Beds were comfortable but full size. Going from king size to full was really close proximity to my husband (I love him, but need space when sleeping next to him) Free breakfast was really good --waffles, oatmeal, fresh fruit, egg sandwiches. (repeated -so got boring after 7 days). 12 miles from metro, need to get taxi to get to metro. That cost us a lot. But the hotel picks you up from Dulles Airport for free, so we took the bus then into D.C. cheaper then metro almost same amount of time. We traveled in D.C. so if don't have a car this may not be the hotel for you. We had a car for most of the week except for the days described above. Staff was very nice and helpful. My sunglasses screw came out and they fixed it for me so went out of their way to be helpful. I would stay here again. Pool was nice with lifeguard. Kids swam some. Rooms were cleaned daily.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
LaurenR111, Assistant General Manager at Hyatt Place Dulles Airport South, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Hyatt Place Chantilly/Dulles Airport South. I am glad to hear that you found our staff to be helpful with all of your needs and you were able to take advantage of our airport shuttle for your D.C. travels. It was our pleasure to serve you during your stay and look forward to again in the future.
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Really a very nice experience. I have been in the hotel business for 19 years and my wife considers me a resortist snob. But I know quality and appreciate service. Although this is a typical mid-tierd business property, the details create a very, very nice experience. Lets start with the simple things....it's new and its clean. That alone makes it sufficient. But really the hotel staff and their consistency to answer yes to all of my requests put it over the top. Even though I missed the FREE breakfast buffet after my workout, the manager bought me a great cup of coffee at their barista machine. And their shuttle driver took me to the Air & Space museum twice as the museum worked through utility issues. Make sure to set aside some time in the lobby to grab a glass of wine or a pastry. Or what was great, there are about 10 restaurants within 100 yards of the hotel. We had steak, Peruvian and Vietnamese. But could have easily had the simple Applebee's or Fosters Grill. If I am ever in Chantilly again, Hyatt Place will get my first call.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Lauren S, Lead Gallery Host at Hyatt Place Dulles Airport South, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thank you for making time to review our hotel. I'm so glad you found our staff to be accommodating for all your requests. I will let them know what a great job they did and we all look forward to serving you again if you come back to the area!
Manchester Township, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I am actually staying here now. I used Hyatt points from a bad experience I had from a Hyatt in Maui, Hawaii. As soon as I walked in the door, I was treated like royalty. They gave me a little your of the hotel and all and my room is nice and big and clean! they don't provide safes in the room. I called the front desk and Cindy went out of her way to make sure that I had a safe deposit box that was big enough to store my belongings. She was beyond nice! The breakfast provided was sufficient and helps save money. they have a nice little coffee bar where you can get snacks 24 hours a day. Both people who helped us were so nice. Sorry I didn't get names. The place has several restaurants within walking distance and the front desk provided us with a list so we knew what was around before we checked in. this is a great place. When I come to the DC area again, I will definitely stay here!!!!

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
We are so glad that you gave Hyatt another chance after your previous experience and we were able to satisfy your needs with our spacious guest rooms, complimentary breakfast, and bakery café. I will be sure to thank Cindy for being so pleasant and helpful during your stay. We strive to make every guests stay here unforgettable. Looking forward to serving you again!
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Our suite is big and comfortable especially the bed. Free continental breakfast is included as well as free wifi/internet. Eventhough it's quite a distance for us to drive to the museums , and yet we also enjoyed the peace and quiet from the city. Best for family vacation stays. I think it's well worth the money to stay here. Definitely a "5 stars" to me .

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review Hyatt Place Chantilly. We are glad our spacious guest rooms met the needs of your family and you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again!
Chula Vista, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stopped here for an overnight stay before heading on to our destination and what a nice place this was. Very cozy in the living room with adjoining sink, fridge table in a kitchenette area. The tv was attached to the wall and you were able to watch it from both living room & bedroom. I know it sounds odd but it worked, whoever designed this space fit everything together perfectly. It was quaint and I was very comfortable.

• Stayed May 2013
Lauren S, Lead Gallery Host at Hyatt Place Dulles Airport South, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to write this review. We are glad you chose to stay at our hotel and the hotel met your needs. We hope to get the chance to serve you again in the future.
Windham, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I had eight high school groups as guests at the Hyatt Place Chantilly who were participating in the national finals of a very prestigeous constitution focused competition at nearby George Mason University. There were 177 students and chaperones. The hotel facilities, guest rooms, meeting spaces, breakfasts could not have been better! The staff of the hotel could not have been more warmly greeting and quickly responsive to all of our needs and requests. The guest rooms are large, nicely decorated and very comfortable. The large lounge area in each room was ideal for small group study sessions. The breakfasts were superbly prepared. The buffet was fresndhened up continually, hot food was fresh and very delicious. Fruit was freshly cut each day. The lobby is charming...warm, peaceful, with several private sitting areas for a quiet breakfast or drinks in the evening. The hotel is impecably maintained and housekeeping keeps it spotless. The wide selection of restaurants and shops within a very short walking distance were ideal. In summary: top quality hotel facility staffed by dedicated , knowledgable professionals who are always accessible and eager to serve. Will certainly choose this hotel over any others in the area.

Room Tip: All rooms are very quiet. Parking is free and close to several entrances for maximum convenience. El...