“Nice n Comfortable” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Dulles Airport South

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Place Dulles Airport South to your Saves list
Hyatt Place Dulles Airport South
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4994 Weststone Plaza, Chantilly, VA 20151 (Formerly AmeriSuites)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Free Breakfast & WIFI
Ranked #7 of 14 hotels in Chantilly
Woodbridge, Virginia
“Nice n Comfortable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

Great place to relax with some nice quiet and dark rooms. When your working nights and walk into the hotel to find it clean and food is ready to eat. Selection of breakfast could be a lil bit more of pickings. Overall I will stay over n over n over. Staff is out of this world. They explain everything that it is to know.

• Stayed February 2013
Lauren S, Lead Gallery Host at Hyatt Place Dulles Airport South, responded to this review, March 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. It is great to hear that our hotel accommodated your working schedule. The curtains in our guest rooms do block the sun well, which is great for travelers that work nights and require a darker room. There is also a sheer inner curtain for travelers that prefer a brighter room. I apologize that you didn’t feel there was enough variety with the breakfast. We recently updated our breakfast to have a hot and cold variety. Feel free to contact me at Lauren.Skodi@hyatt.com and let us know what options you would like to see. We can pass this along to be considered for any future breakfast changes. We are so glad our staff took great care of you and will let them know what an awesome job they did! We look forward to serving you over and over again!

179 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Washington DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I had a previously not so great experience at the Hyatt of Fair Lakes but it was kind of out of their control so I will probably go there again.

However, this review is for the Hyatt Place and it was great! Front desk was very nice and I really enjoyed how the lobby area, dining and little bar are somewhat European styled but with more room. I feel much more comfortable in slightly cramped quarters so normally I adore European hotel rooms.

The room was clean, the bathroom and shower were clean and I slept well! Unfortunately, the elliptical trainer was a bit jacked up so I moved to the treadmill. Headphones, water and towels available. I even took part in a little breakfast after my run. English muffin sandwiches with egg, cheese and ham. I'm allergic to dairy and normally don't eat pork (which I why I don't eat a lot of free breakfasts at hotels). And they had the usual yogurt, cereal, muffins, bread, fruit, etc.

Good stay. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Lauren S, Lead Gallery Host at Hyatt Place Dulles Airport South, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
We are glad you gave Hyatt a second chance and we were able to satisfy your needs. The European stying of our lobby and guest rooms is a popular feature, as well as, our Hyatt Grand Bed. Our breakfast was updated recenly to give a wider variety of choices to our guests. We appreciate your feedback on the breakfast and are happy we could accomodate your dietary restrictions. We strive to please our guests and look forward to serving you again.
Dartmouth, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel for the last 3 years when I am in town for an annual expo that my company attends. The hotel like every Hyatt Place I have stayed at is very clean. The rooms are excellent, it nice to have a separate sitting and bedroom areas, especially for those us that are on the road often, the rooms feel more like an apartment then a hotel room. The daily breakfast is more then adequate, with cereals, bagels, fruit, and breakfast sandwiches. The gym is ok for a hotel gym, there are a couple of treadmills, a bike,an elliptical, and weight bench and dumbbells. There are plenty of restaurants within walking distance and many more within a 2-3 mile drive. I will be back again when I am in town.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Lauren S, Lead Gallery Host at Hyatt Place Dulles Airport South, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you have enjoyed your stays with us the past few years. We look forward to seeing you again!
Cortland, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I've stayed here a few times with no issues. However my last stay was a different story. I kept hearing noise all evening - figured it was a 'noisy' neighbor. Eventually it dawned on me, there was some kind of maintenance going on above me. Called the front desk (nearly 11pm by now) and inquired, man apologized and said they would stop. Still went on. Called the desk again around midnight and a different person told me they had stopped 2 hours ago (not!). Finally walked upstairs and found they were replacing the carpet directly above me. Asked to have my room changed - they said sorry, sold out. Chief engineer apologized and finally the noise stopped around 12:30. Only reason I give this place 3 stars is because they did comp the room next morning when I complained. Who does maintenance at Midnight!

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
We appreciate your feedback and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience during your stay. There was a project being completed that ran over the allotted time. We understand how this situation was frustrating and you are correct that maintenance should be finished earlier in the evening. In the future, we will make sure to have better interdepartmental communication, so we are not disturbing our guests late at night. We are glad our staff was able to take care of you the next morning. We truly want our guests to have a great experience here at Hyatt Place and hope we get the chance to serve you again.
Oklahoma City, OK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We had two rooms at this hotel on December 27th. The rooms were perfect for a family and nicely appointed. Our daughter and her two girls enjoyed having so much space. The 14-year-old slept on the sleep sofa and said it was comfortable. We welcomed the amenities of a nice desk, free Wifi, refrigerator, microwave, etc. The bathroom was spotless. There was a Cici's pizza about a mile from the hotel where the girls wanted to eat so that was convenient. The free breakfast had their "signature" breakfast sandwiches (with meat, egg and cheese) which were good but I would have liked having bacon or sausage by itself. It was nice eating on real plates instead of paper plates too. Our girls were disappointed they didn't have an indoor pool but we were fine with that.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
San Pedro Sula, Honduras
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

This hotel is located a few minutes from Dulles. I enjoyed the arquitectural/stylish design in the rooms. It had a nice living room space to spend time and watch a game. The breakfast was included and it was great. House Keeping was very friendly and the rooms very clean. From walking distance to a shopping center.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
dallas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012 via mobile

Staff was very weak, not friendly, lacked service training. They forgot my dry cleaning - they did not show genuine care and concern and they spend a lot of time " hanging around" the front desk.

Good location, easy in and out. Rooms very clean

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Place Dulles Airport South? Share your experiences!