“A Very Pleasant Surprise” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Dulles Airport South

You added Hyatt Place Dulles Airport South to your Saves list
Hyatt Place Dulles Airport South
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4994 Weststone Plaza, Chantilly, VA 20151 (Formerly AmeriSuites)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Park.Stay.Fly.
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Chantilly
Ocala, Florida
“A Very Pleasant Surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

On a recent trip to Washington, DC I wanted to stay closer to the airport to avoid the long traffic delays. I searched a few hotels in the airport vicinity, but the Hyatt Place won me over with free Internet, free parking, and free breakfast. When we arrived at our room I was pleasantly at the quality of the furnishings and bedding and the attention to details in the appointments ranging from the large sofa in the living room area, to the 50" plasma screen with HBO. The breakfast was more than the traditional hotel faire with treats such as a croissant with eggs, spinach, mushrooms and Gruyere cheese. Overall, my experience there was exceptional and I will seek this brand as I travel to other cities.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Nice business hotel conveniently located near Dulles International Airport. Friendly, professional staff, clean room. Nice breakfast. Good value. Small business center and gym. Located next small shopping center with numerous and large variety of eating choices.

• Stayed November 2012
Trondheim, Norway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

The location was ok, right by the freeway, several restaurants near by, as well as a couple of malls not to far away. The airport is not very close but you can get there quick.

Service was like you would expect and the breakfast was maybe a little better than the average.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

Hotel is located in a great area. Finding a great place isn't to hard to find. Hotel staff so pleasant, and always ready to help. Enjoy a few cold ones at the bar! Didn't have time to venture for morning breakfast. Rooms are very cozy, and I love the shower. Beds could be less firmer. Will see you all next year!

• Stayed October 2012
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I stayed here on business for four nights. I am rating three stars.

My comments:

- Friendly and very helpful staff. Check in was easy.
- Rate included breakfast which was of a very nice variety and very tasty.
- Modern decor in rooms, with a very homey layout. I loved the sectional-style sofa and ottoman! Very comfy. But due to the homey layout, the TV couldn't be seen from the work desk or the bath/sink/dressing area.
- Not enough storage. My room had a very small closet and three narrow drawers. The sliding door on the closet was difficult to move. If my husband had been with me, there would not have been enough storage space for our stuff for that long of a stay.
- Unpredictable WiFi. I could get a weak connection for a few minutes at a time (second floor, end of the hallway). It was strange that all three of my wireless devices couldn't connect after 10 pm. I have a data card for my laptop and that saved me and kept me from inquiring about it. (When traveling for business, a remote connection to the office is a must in my hotel room.)
- Excellent location. Close to good restaurants and shopping without the hassle of too much freeway traffic.
- Comfortable bed and nice shower.
- Clean, except for the used tissue and balled up Post-it note on the floor of my room when I entered my room for the first time. I'm not one to complain about or report such things to the front desk. I discarded these items and think housekeeping probably just dropped these unintentionally because they were in a very obvious place on the floor.
- Fitness room was okay, with two treadmills, one elliptical, one recumbent bike, one weight bench, and free weights. The small room was crowded between 6 and 7 am. I would have appreciated some sort of sanitizer to wipe down the machines/weights before use, or at least my hands after use. There was a sink and a water fountain, along with clean towels, but no cleaning solution of any kind that I could see. I'm not a germaphobe but do take precaution in flu season.

I would stay here again for leisure travel, but the WiFi issue was a big turnoff for me for business travel.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Norfolk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Nice sized rooms with sectional sofa, wet bar and desk in sitting area. We had 2 double beds - very comfortable. Though the hotel was full, it was very, very quiet. I did not give "Service" a five-star because the morning dining room staff did not keep the dining area clean and dishes and glasses stocked w/o being asked to do so. Overall I would definitely stay there again and at any other Hyatt Place.

Room Tip: 2nd floor room faced the shopping center. It was very quiet.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Spring Branch, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Although the room was nice, clean & comfortable, other amenities were mediocre at best.

Shuttle service was abysmal. I called 30 minutes before I picked up my luggage and still waited another 45 minutes. No, it was NOT the traffic. Driver was a quiet surly at best. Other use of the shuttle to go about two miles was generally difficult & tedious.

Most of the staff appeared to be young and inexperienced. That I could accept, however, they were disengaged and usually too busy to be attentive when I could locate them.

Breakfast was pretty to look at but tasted like cardboard. Seating was limited given that the hotel was VERY crowded during my trip.

NOT what I expect from a Hyatt...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Place Dulles Airport South? Share your experiences!