“Always a pleasure to stay here.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Dulles Airport South

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Place Dulles Airport South to your Saves list
Hyatt Place Dulles Airport South
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4994 Weststone Plaza, Chantilly, VA 20151 (Formerly AmeriSuites)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Free Breakfast & WIFI
Ranked #7 of 14 hotels in Chantilly
“Always a pleasure to stay here.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

Hotel is located in a great area. Finding a great place isn't to hard to find. Hotel staff so pleasant, and always ready to help. Enjoy a few cold ones at the bar! Didn't have time to venture for morning breakfast. Rooms are very cozy, and I love the shower. Beds could be less firmer. Will see you all next year!

• Stayed October 2012

177 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I stayed here on business for four nights. I am rating three stars.

My comments:

- Friendly and very helpful staff. Check in was easy.
- Rate included breakfast which was of a very nice variety and very tasty.
- Modern decor in rooms, with a very homey layout. I loved the sectional-style sofa and ottoman! Very comfy. But due to the homey layout, the TV couldn't be seen from the work desk or the bath/sink/dressing area.
- Not enough storage. My room had a very small closet and three narrow drawers. The sliding door on the closet was difficult to move. If my husband had been with me, there would not have been enough storage space for our stuff for that long of a stay.
- Unpredictable WiFi. I could get a weak connection for a few minutes at a time (second floor, end of the hallway). It was strange that all three of my wireless devices couldn't connect after 10 pm. I have a data card for my laptop and that saved me and kept me from inquiring about it. (When traveling for business, a remote connection to the office is a must in my hotel room.)
- Excellent location. Close to good restaurants and shopping without the hassle of too much freeway traffic.
- Comfortable bed and nice shower.
- Clean, except for the used tissue and balled up Post-it note on the floor of my room when I entered my room for the first time. I'm not one to complain about or report such things to the front desk. I discarded these items and think housekeeping probably just dropped these unintentionally because they were in a very obvious place on the floor.
- Fitness room was okay, with two treadmills, one elliptical, one recumbent bike, one weight bench, and free weights. The small room was crowded between 6 and 7 am. I would have appreciated some sort of sanitizer to wipe down the machines/weights before use, or at least my hands after use. There was a sink and a water fountain, along with clean towels, but no cleaning solution of any kind that I could see. I'm not a germaphobe but do take precaution in flu season.

I would stay here again for leisure travel, but the WiFi issue was a big turnoff for me for business travel.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Norfolk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Nice sized rooms with sectional sofa, wet bar and desk in sitting area. We had 2 double beds - very comfortable. Though the hotel was full, it was very, very quiet. I did not give "Service" a five-star because the morning dining room staff did not keep the dining area clean and dishes and glasses stocked w/o being asked to do so. Overall I would definitely stay there again and at any other Hyatt Place.

Room Tip: 2nd floor room faced the shopping center. It was very quiet.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Spring Branch, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Although the room was nice, clean & comfortable, other amenities were mediocre at best.

Shuttle service was abysmal. I called 30 minutes before I picked up my luggage and still waited another 45 minutes. No, it was NOT the traffic. Driver was a quiet surly at best. Other use of the shuttle to go about two miles was generally difficult & tedious.

Most of the staff appeared to be young and inexperienced. That I could accept, however, they were disengaged and usually too busy to be attentive when I could locate them.

Breakfast was pretty to look at but tasted like cardboard. Seating was limited given that the hotel was VERY crowded during my trip.

NOT what I expect from a Hyatt...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
San Diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I stayed here for a week while moving to the area. The staff here was extremely friendly and accommodating.

Breakfast is definitely a plus of any Hyatt Place property and this was no exception.

My only complaint is how slow and spotty the wifi is here.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I was in town (for a second time) in the last year on business. Both my travel partner and I are on the road frequently for business. This hotel was excellent. It was clean, fashionable, and had an extraordinary breakfast which was included in the rate. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. It was very centrally located, being only 30 minutes from DC, but also very close to all the business we did around Chantilly. The area is VERY safe and well kept. And the surrounding restaurants were out of this world. Specifically Aquaymanto which is a Peruvian restaurant in walking distance. Best hotel for the money that I have stayed at yet in this area.

• Stayed September 2012
Saint Augustine, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

For the price, this is one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in. It was clean, nicely decorated and within walking distance to several good restaurants. George, the shuttle bus driver was friendly and helpful. The two young ladies who checked me in greeted me with a friendly smile and were very helpful with explaining the amenties of the hotel and making recommendations. The room was large with a full size tile and glass enclosed shower. It was wonderful! I never heard my neighbors or noice from the hallway. The complimentary breakfast was very good as was the selection. Free WiFi in the room was nice but at times it was slow to connect. I would definately stay here again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Place Dulles Airport South? Share your experiences!