“Exceeded expectations” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4504 Brookfield Corporate Drive, Chantilly, VA 20151 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites Dulles Chantilly)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #13 of 14 hotels in Chantilly
Athens, Georgia
“Exceeded expectations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2010

My experience at this hotel was nothing like those of any of these other reviews. My friends and I arrived for the Stewart/Colbert rally and found the staff to be courteous and generally helpful. The room was clean, as was the bathroom, and the kitchenette was stocked with dishes. My only complaint: when our bathroom light burned out--which was almost immediately--the staff did not have a replacement, and did not replace it for the duration of our stay (two days). We took showers in utter, soul crushing darkness. Pooping is more complicated in the dark :/

Generally a good value for the money!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends

51 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Houston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2010

I've seen Motel 6's and Super 8's better than this place. Extended Stay hotels should review this motel and make changes. I give this motel 1 star just for location and being barely within the D.C. metro area. And that's generous.

I knew something was wrong when I pulled up and saw a sea of trailers, RVs and electric power company trucks. It felt like a campground or a construction site, not a motel. City contractors must be getting a long-term rate there with so many trucks on property. Then there were the abandoned vehicles on-site. Right next to my car in front of the motel was an SUV with a blown-out side window and back tire. Leaves collecting on it signaled that this vehicle had been there since the last winter (i.e. at least six months). No effort had been made to tow the vehicle. Lighting is horrible so I would not want to walk around at night.

Shared Wifi was extra which is ridiculous considering cost of room, and even shared wifi means bad internet service because everyone is on it. Dedicated wifi for yourself in your room was even more expensive. Note that most D.C. motels and hotels do this to squeeze extra dollars from tourists and convention attendees.

No supplies like shampoo in rooms, it was only at the front desk after you realized you were in the shower and there was no shampoo. Nothing was said about this at front desk when checked in.

No continental breakfast, just (nothing special) coffee in room. I didn't even want to try the coffee in the room.

No maid service (unless you want to have that at an extra $5 or $10 a day). Nothing was said about this at front desk when checked in. I only realized it on the first day after I came back to my room to find the room had not been cleaned.

I will definitely never stay at a Homestead ever again. Too many other options out there with better service at comparable prices.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Manager20190, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly, responded to this review, October 8, 2010
Thank you for taking the time let us know about your concerns. We apologize if there appeared to be hidden costs during your stay. Certainly at check in to the Hotel these costs should have been explained in detail. We will let the local police department know of the vehicles on the entry road leading to the Hotel. To the best of our knowledge and since this is a public road it is monitored for abandon vehicles.

Sincerely
Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2010

Out of 4 stars I give this hotel a circle. After reading the reviews and looking at the few pictures available, I thought how bad can a hotel in that part of Chantilly be? I should have researched a bit more....I will NEVER stay there again! The room was dirty, dingy, smelly, and run down complete with cobwebs in the corners, grime on top of every surface and crumbs around the bed. There were stains on all the bedding and furniture the bed was very old and uncomfortable with a dip in the middle.The furniture was so warn the fabric was coming apart. The bathrooms were just disgusting. I even switched rooms, they were equally grose.Room doors open to the outside, it should be called a motel. They make you sign a no party waiver at check in, need I say more?? The kicker is they actually have customer satisfaction surveys and apologetic responces to bad reviews. HA!

There are so many nice hotels in that area for around the same price- don't stay here!!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
San Francisco Bay Area
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2009

I needed a place to stay near Dulles Airport for just one night. What to say about this place? Frankly, it's a dump; not filthy, but not pristine either; few if any services; boring location. So is there anything good? Well, yes: the people working at the front desk are really nice and helpful. It is fairly close to the branch of the Smithsonian's Air and Space Museum at Dulles Airport; if you have time to kill before your flight, that is certainly a good way to fill up the day!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
Manager20190, manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly, responded to this review, August 17, 2009
I recently received a copy of your review of the Homestead Washington, D.C. - Chantilly. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2009

The room had a musty smell. Bath room was not clean. There are better options around the area. I would avoid going there again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
jacksonville fl
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2008

Checked into the hotel on my first name of vacation before heading to DC. When I checked in, I found feces and urine still in toilet. I contacted the front desk who advised me just to flush the toilet. The room heat and AC didn't work so I went to the front desk. The hotel wasn't sold out and I asked for a new room but instead they decided to send a maintenance guy to the room. After about 2 hours, he repaired the AC; however, made a horrible loud noise. The alarm clock didn't work and the front desk stated they were unable to get another one out of another room and let me use one that worked. The water would not get hot for a shower and the bed was hard as a rock. Semen stains were found all over the blanket. The mirrors on the closet doors were cracked severly at the bottom. There was no trash can in the entire room. I have stayed at hotels that were half the price of this hotel and still made the other hotels look like a 5 star resort. Stay away from this hotel.

• Liked — Checking out of it and getting away
  • Disliked — The entire hotel and the staff
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Manager20190, Hotel Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly, responded to this review, April 10, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Homestead Washington, D.C. - Chantilly. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2007

My company booked me a room here for 2 weeks, and I immediately checked to see if there were any reviews. Needless to say I was expecting the worst after reading them.

Luckily, everything was acceptable. To be fair, I'm not the type that stays at 4 or 5 star hotels, but I couldn't see any glaring problems at Homestead. The staff was friendly and efficient. The room was clean throughout. The kitchen area was decent, with a full refrigerator, microwave, plus dishes and utensils that were clean and stocked. Wireless internet was dirt cheap ($5 for the entire stay) with strong signal. Bed was very comfortable, which is unusual in this price range. Channel selection was light but Showtime was included. A/C worked great, aside from the usual room-unit noise. Name a fast food place, and it's probably in the strip across the street. Dulles and the Air & Space Museum addition are just a 5 minute drive.

Long story short, while it lacks in high-end amenities, it's a perfectly fine place to crash after a long drive, and even after a couple weeks there I had no strong negative opinions of the place.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Outside hallways
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Manager20190, Hotel Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly, responded to this review, April 14, 2009
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Homestead Washington, D.C. - Chantilly. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. As you know, our unique suites are designed with you in mind. Offering amenities like a full refrigerator, stovetop, in-room wifi access, personalized voicemail, and on-premise laundry in exceptionally priced rooms has led us to be the premier extended stay option in the industry. And with guests like you, we will continue to thrive.

It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Also, know that any of our nearly 700 Extended Stay Hotels(sm) locations is eager to serve you in most major metro areas in the U.S. and in Canada. Search for them at any time by going to our website. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly? Share your experiences!