“Not the best place to stay without a car” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4504 Brookfield Corporate Drive, Chantilly, VA 20151 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites Dulles Chantilly)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #14 of 14 Hotels in Chantilly
San Francisco Bay Area
“Not the best place to stay without a car”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2009

I needed a place to stay near Dulles Airport for just one night. What to say about this place? Frankly, it's a dump; not filthy, but not pristine either; few if any services; boring location. So is there anything good? Well, yes: the people working at the front desk are really nice and helpful. It is fairly close to the branch of the Smithsonian's Air and Space Museum at Dulles Airport; if you have time to kill before your flight, that is certainly a good way to fill up the day!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
Manager20190, manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly, responded to this review, August 17, 2009
I recently received a copy of your review of the Homestead Washington, D.C. - Chantilly. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2009

The room had a musty smell. Bath room was not clean. There are better options around the area. I would avoid going there again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
jacksonville fl
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2008

Checked into the hotel on my first name of vacation before heading to DC. When I checked in, I found feces and urine still in toilet. I contacted the front desk who advised me just to flush the toilet. The room heat and AC didn't work so I went to the front desk. The hotel wasn't sold out and I asked for a new room but instead they decided to send a maintenance guy to the room. After about 2 hours, he repaired the AC; however, made a horrible loud noise. The alarm clock didn't work and the front desk stated they were unable to get another one out of another room and let me use one that worked. The water would not get hot for a shower and the bed was hard as a rock. Semen stains were found all over the blanket. The mirrors on the closet doors were cracked severly at the bottom. There was no trash can in the entire room. I have stayed at hotels that were half the price of this hotel and still made the other hotels look like a 5 star resort. Stay away from this hotel.

• Liked — Checking out of it and getting away
  • Disliked — The entire hotel and the staff
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Manager20190, Hotel Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly, responded to this review, April 10, 2009

Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2007

My company booked me a room here for 2 weeks, and I immediately checked to see if there were any reviews. Needless to say I was expecting the worst after reading them.

Luckily, everything was acceptable. To be fair, I'm not the type that stays at 4 or 5 star hotels, but I couldn't see any glaring problems at Homestead. The staff was friendly and efficient. The room was clean throughout. The kitchen area was decent, with a full refrigerator, microwave, plus dishes and utensils that were clean and stocked. Wireless internet was dirt cheap ($5 for the entire stay) with strong signal. Bed was very comfortable, which is unusual in this price range. Channel selection was light but Showtime was included. A/C worked great, aside from the usual room-unit noise. Name a fast food place, and it's probably in the strip across the street. Dulles and the Air & Space Museum addition are just a 5 minute drive.

Long story short, while it lacks in high-end amenities, it's a perfectly fine place to crash after a long drive, and even after a couple weeks there I had no strong negative opinions of the place.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Outside hallways
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Manager20190, Hotel Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly, responded to this review, April 14, 2009
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Homestead Washington, D.C. - Chantilly. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. As you know, our unique suites are designed with you in mind. Offering amenities like a full refrigerator, stovetop, in-room wifi access, personalized voicemail, and on-premise laundry in exceptionally priced rooms has led us to be the premier extended stay option in the industry. And with guests like you, we will continue to thrive.

It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Also, know that any of our nearly 700 Extended Stay Hotels(sm) locations is eager to serve you in most major metro areas in the U.S. and in Canada. Search for them at any time by going to our website. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.
new york
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2007

This hotel is downright unacceptable. I reserved a king room and was told when I checked in that none were available. So I was given a double room. Fine. Upon entering the room, the smell almost knocked me over. A combination of old smoke, cleaning detergents and stale air. The carpet was dirty, the drapes didn't close all the way and the dishes in the studio were greasy. Disgusting. A bug crawled on me in bed. It was vile. Avoid this place like the plague. Even for $52/night, I expect cleanliness and safety. Enter at your own risk.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — the bug that crawled on me in bed
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at Homestead Washington, D.C. - Chantilly. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology.

Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2006

Stayed here before flying out of Dulles. We checked in late - around - 11:30PM. There was no clerk at the desk and we had to call them from our cell to get their attention. The room was absolutely disgusting. My friend and I would not even take our shoes off because the carpet was so filthy. Hopefully this isn't the experience of others who stay there!

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — The dirty rooms
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't agree to stay unless you check the room first.
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Manager20190, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly, responded to this review, April 15, 2009
"Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Homestead Washington, D.C. - Chantilly. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

I'd like to respond specifically to your comments about the malfunctioning air conditioner. In response to your review, I requested a building-wide inspection of each air conditioning unit, and have received confirmation that all are now in proper working condition.

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly? Share your experiences!