“A nightmare” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4504 Brookfield Corporate Drive, Chantilly, VA 20151 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites Dulles Chantilly)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #14 of 14 Hotels in Chantilly
Houston, Texas
“A nightmare”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We booked extended stay america, and we arrived we have told to go next door hotel. The same company, but they used extended stay america to book. The next door hotel is called Homesteed suites, this hotel is so dirty, small kitchen with nothing to cook, no silverware, no clean towels. Staff was fine except for a oriental young lady in the from desk, very uneducated and with. I manners. The dryer only stole my money did bot work. In general, We will never come back there.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

I prepaid so I couldn't get my money back as I didn't stay there. The room was supposedly non-smoking but it smelled musty. The carpets were old and dirty. The shower tub was stained gray. I pulled the sheets and there were several pubic hairs caught in the comforter and yellow stains. Grease around the sink and in the microwave. I picked up my bags and left. Found better accommodation close by and paid less than what I did at this place. I didn't care about losing my money at that point. I wanted to get out of there.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

There are two hotels next to each other in this complex. I don't know about the one branded Extended Stay America proper, but the one branded Homestead Suites at address 4504 is terrible. Below is a list of grievances:

* The room type booked and prepaid for in full had been given to another guest when I arrived, and no others were available.
* I went to the front desk multiple times during the course of my 4 day stay, and almost every time, no staff member was present, as they were "busy helping another guest."
* When I called them in advance of my stay, I was told that I would be called back as the front desk was busy with a checkin, only to have them never call.
* I called to request that another guest in my room be allowed to check in before me. This hotel (unlike basically every other hotel I have ever stayed in) apparently did not have a system for this, and informed me that I would have to call back later, AS the other guest was checking in. When I did this, the staff refused to allow him to check in, and he had to wander around Chantilly tired and with all of his luggage for a whole day.
* I expressed my dissatisfaction, and was told that the manager would contact me. This never happened.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Summerville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

The room type that I reserved was not available so I was put into another, I was told it was an upgrade and non-smoking room but it looked like a downgrade compared to the pictures online and was initially overwhelmed with a strong smoke smell. One of the first things I did was to go out and purchase about $30 worth of cleaning products thinking I could clean the room up before my wife arrived. I spent hours cleaning old greese from around the stove and splatter and other marks off the doors and walls. I was not able to clean it adaquately and from the sound of the conversations at the front desk, not only were there no other rooms available but they were all pretty much in the same condition. All the furnishings had a strong smoke smell which transfered to everything I brought into the room. There were unpatched holes near the front door and part of the kitchen cabnet was missing. During the stay I had internet problems, the speed was totally unacceptable and it should be advertised that internet is available for a price since you have to upgrade to do much of anything. The motel seemed to tolerate people standing oputside and having loud conversations at night so it was noisy and I was always concerned about safety. I finally had to break the contract, pay the difference between monthly rate and weekly rate, and check out. When I did the problem with my reservation cause some billing problems and my penalty had to be calculated by hand.

Room Tip: Choose a room elsewhere. There is a good extended stay option in Manassas called Value Place just of...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Wisconsin, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

We stayed at the Extended Stay in Chantilly for 6 months while my husband worked in Alexandria at the USPTO. I'd never stayed at any extended stay hotel before and I was quite happy with the room. The bed was a little high and hard, but the couch was comfy, the kitchen clean and well-stocked. There was plenty of room for us. Our room over looked the pool which, during winter, was covered, but we had a great view of the beautiful cherry trees and redbuds when they bloomed in spring. The grounds are quite pretty, with a water retention pond, a sidewalk surrounding it and benches. It is close to Dulles and if you like planes like we do you get an awesome view of them coming in for landings.

I had major surgery while we were there and no one bothered us. The staff was considerate and polite. Naima, the front desk manager, was the absolute sweetest.

My only complaints were that the AC would only cool the room to 60 degrees while the heater in winter sent us running for tank tops and shorts at the same temperature; the stairs were always dirty and a couple of times there was vomit in the stairwells when my husband walked the dog; the telephone in our room didn't work for most of our stay and though I complained many times no one ever fixed it; they had a lot of construction linemen staying there and for the most part many were polite, there were some who were noisy, loud and drunk. One particular individual had been given a room above us and he made it a point of slamming doors and stomping on the floor. When I complained I was told others had complained as well. After he left we had no more problems. For the most part the walls are thick so you don't hear anything in adjoining rooms.

The hotel is very pet-friendly, but we learned that very few people pick-up after their pets. There is a dispenser available to provide waste-bags but it was never filled. So you really have to watch where you walk, especially around the pond where everyone walks their dog.

Breakfast is muffins, fruit, coffee and granola bars. It works in a pinch. Since you have a kitchen in your room we just bought our own coffee-maker. There is no ice machine at the hotel, but the refrigerators have ice-markers. Ours wasn't hooked up, but my husband figured it out.

All in all our stay was very good. We have since relocated to Wisconsin, but if we were ever to stay in the DC Metro area again, I would stay here.

Room Tip: If you want a quiets room, ask for one towards the back on one of the wings facing the pool and the...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Augusta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

My wife and I stayed here because we had been traveling for 23 hours. We got to the room and fell asleep almost immediately. First thing we noticed was that only about 2/3 of the lights actually worked, and it didn't seem to be all that clean, but we were tired. The only reason it got a 2 and not a 1 was because the check in/check out staff did try to be helpful.

We woke up pretty early because we were still on European time and HOLY SMOKES was this place disgusting. I have plenty of photos to add, but let it be known that I doubt a broom, vacuum, or any dusting occurred prior to occupying the space. There was even some sort of animal vomit in the corner (see pic). The shower floor was brown (I used the shower shoes I used in community bathrooms at hostels around Europe). The shower head had a red gunk all over it (wish I had seen it before the shower). The surfaces were covered in dirt and drink stains of occupants past. The coffee maker has white hard stuff all over it (possibly they didn't cover it before blowing paint on the backsplash area). The mirrors all had a weird film, or in the bathroom, the mirror was spotted with toothpaste and other occupant's funk. There was some slime on the wall between the refrigerator and dish cabinet. Speaking of dishes, these were DISGUSTING. I'm sure my cup had dried milk in it and there was no visible dish soap to clean it. Finally, what's with allowing residents to put stickers on your mirrors and walls and not pulling them off?!?

There are several ways this can be improved. It is obvious that the cleaning staff have no basic standard of cleanliness and the management conducts zero walk through inspections to spot check. I recommend that the leadership of the cleaning staff be fired. Second, there should be significant training regarding expectations among those employees that stay. Management must be willing to hold people accountable for not meeting the standard. If management is unable to set a standard and hold accountability, then management should be replaced. Finally, a daily checklist should be provided and strictly followed for cleaning staff in addition to monthly or quarterly deep clean checklists.

I recommend avoiding this hotel for the time being. With significant process improvement it could be an ok value, but not in it's current condition. I intend to request a refund later since the guy working at 6 am couldn't give me one. I will also submit this review to other appropriate outlets and to their corporate office if it exists.

Avoid avoid avoid!

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Satellite Beach, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

The maid apparently can't see the thick dirt on top of the tiles in the shower, or the paint chipping from the walls and ceiling. The building engineer apparently can't figure out why the pipes make so much noise in the showers, or why the burners don't seat properly in the electric stove. The front desk apparently doesn't understand how the wifi works when you pay for upgraded speed but don't receive it, nor do they know what to do when you tell them you're checking out early. It's not a bad hotel, but there are little annoyances that start to add up to a generally poor experience. Sadly, it is the best of the three hotels I've tried in the area in this price range. So, I will have to pay more to get that "home-away-from-home" experience or stop travelling to Chantilly.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly? Share your experiences!