Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4504 Brookfield Corporate Drive, Chantilly, VA 20151 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites Dulles Chantilly)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #14 of 14 Hotels in Chantilly
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Dirty”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

It is cheap, but wow, chicken bones on the stairs, toilet seat was for a round bowl, this was a oval bowl, didnt fit, mold in tub, very dirty, did check for bed bugs but found none so we stayed, only reason we didnt leave, a/c was cold only setting didnt work, stay somewhere else

• Stayed July 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that the level of cleanliness throughout our entire hotel was not in line with our company's standards. To ensure this does not happen again, I am working with the housekeeping staff on ways to improve our cleaning procedures and inspection policies.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at 703-263-3361. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

This wasy our first and last stay at this hotel. It was chosen because it was clost to my business location and the price was reasonable. Now we know why. Itis a DUMP!
Since I can't say ANYTHING nice I won't say anymore. FInd another place.

Room Tip: There are NO good rooms.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thank you for your review regarding your experience at our hotel. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention and apologize that your room was unclean upon arrival. The staff and I strive to exceed our guests expectations and create memorable experiences. Therefore we will take your feedback seriously and take action as needed to improve our guest room conditions.

Please feel free to contact me at 703-263-3361 to better serve next time in the future.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

In the interest of full disclosure, my family and I stayed at the Extended Hotel directly across the parking lot from this hotel for two days prior to checking in at this hotel. Both hotels are owned by the same company and we saved $4 a night by checking into this hotel and we stay 5 nights. This of course is a total savings of $20 but the experience was worlds apart. This hotel promises a breakfast but doesn't provide one at all. The rooms and T.Vs are much smaller. They have no swimming pool and you're not allowed access to the the pool at the Extended Stay, which is only feet away and owned but the same company. They have no shuttle to the airport but plenty of restaurants and Walmart are in Walking distance. Finally, the most off putting thing from my experience here was that we had to wait to check into this hotel even though we had just checked out of their sister property only moments before attempting to check in here and judging by the parking lot, they were by no means at full capacity. I will say, to the credit of the staff, they try to keep cost down for thier customers by using only certain rooms and in turn, only haveing to have thier maid staff on call for certain hours. Also, the staff did eventually let us check in at 12:30pm which is several hours before when the official time of check in was.

• Stayed July 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Danielle - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that you did not have a great experience at our hotel. To uphold our company's high standards, we are addressing all of the issues outlined in your review to ensure future guests are not affected.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

This was my first stay at a Homestead extended stay and I cannot imagine ever going back. The arrangements were made through my office so I had no choice in its selection. Upon arrival there were new flat screen TVs being installed in each of the rooms which I thought was a good omen. I was also greeted by an exceptionally kind front desk clerk who certainly got the stay off on the right foot. And then everything went down hill from there...

The room was horribly outdated with multiple examples of dingy decor including a refrigerator that was so old it had a door replaced that did not match the color of the actual unit. The cleanliness was a serious issue. The carpet appeared uncleaned and had stains in multiple places. The bathroom floor had urine stains and a large rust spot to the back of the toilet. In the kitchen there were toast crumbs in the cupboard. After doing some cleaning of my own to make things bearable, I got into bed and hoped the worst was behind me. Wrong. Without any exaggeration the bed was the worst I've ever slept on. I got less than 3 hours if sleep both nights and had to rely on lots of coffee to make it through the long days of training that had me in town. The worst part was sitting next to colleagues and hearing them discuss how well thy slept at the Hamoton Inn and Hyatt not far from where I stayed. The kicker was that their offices booked through an online discount site and actually cost less than my room.

• Stayed June 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am glad that you enjoyed the new flat-screen television in your room. Still, I am so sorry for the level of cleanliness in your room. In response to your feedback, I am working with our housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures and inspection policies. As well, I apologize that you found the bed in your room to be so uncomfortable. Please know, our bedding is chosen based on guests feedback. As we continue to improve our offerings, we will definitely keep your remarks in mind.

Once again, I am sorry for your experience at our hotel. We hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can show you our redoubled efforts.
Fort George G Mead Junction, Maryland, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Had to stay here for 1 night for business. It was the cheapest place close to my business site but now I know why. The room smelled due to extremely old carpet. The furniture is old. The TV was old. The mattress was hard and the linen and pillows looked old. They offered 1 complimentary coffee pack but there were no cups in the room. There was hair on the bathroom floor from the previous occupant and dusty surfaces that look like they had never been touched. There were crumbs in the refrigerator. I would not recommend this place to anyone. They should be charging no more than $65 per night due to the shape of their rooms. Also the in-room phones were not working. Save yourself the trouble and stay at the Holiday Inn, I'm sure it is much better.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Angie - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that you were not 100% satisfied with the level of cleanliness in your room or the amenities we offer to all of our guests. To ensure that a situation like yours doesn't happen again, my team is focusing on making improvements to our cleanliness and repair procedures.

Thanks to your feedback, we can continue to work on providing an exceptional stay for all of our guests. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at dus@extendedstay.com.
Ripon, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I booked this place because we needed something close to Dulles and did not want to pay the high prices of the closer hotels. I first noticed how poorly maintained the furniture was in the lobby and suspected problems. We also noticed people in the court yard with a dog and lots of trucks in the parking lot. Walking up to our room, I noticed scratches and dents on the room doors. Screens damaged and hanging out. Our room was disgusting. It smelled bad, as if it used to be a smoking room and was doused with perfume. Tacky furniture. Old kitchen appliances. An old TV. Dirty carpet. I walked straight back to the lobby, got a refund and headed to a more habitable hotel. We paid an extra $25 that night, but, it was well worth it.

The girl at the desk promptly issued a refund and said "sorry".

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The conditions you described at our hotel are unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that the furniture, doors and window screens were in such disarray. We currently have a team at the hotel working to address these specific conditions.

Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. I would be happy to speak with you further. If you would like, please contact me directly, at afimowicz@extendedstay.com. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us. Thanks again!
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

The location was great and was easy to get from their to anywhere The staff couldn't have been nicer and responded to my every request. There were many restaurants in close proximity to choose from if I didn't choose to cook. I would definitely recommend staying here to anyone. Terri the young lady who worked nights was always available to answer any questions I had and certainly a great asset to Homestead.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Rob D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you so much for sending your wonderful comments about our Hotel and Terri. She is a great employee and does her very best to help each and every guest. I am so happy you were able to inrteract with her and see her great work ethic. Thank you so much for choosing us and we will see you next time.

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly? Share your experiences!