“Avoid this place” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly

Expedia.com Orbitz.com
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4504 Brookfield Corporate Drive, Chantilly, VA 20151 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites Dulles Chantilly)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #13 of 14 hotels in Chantilly
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
“Avoid this place”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I booked this place because we needed something close to Dulles and did not want to pay the high prices of the closer hotels. I first noticed how poorly maintained the furniture was in the lobby and suspected problems. We also noticed people in the court yard with a dog and lots of trucks in the parking lot. Walking up to our room, I noticed scratches and dents on the room doors. Screens damaged and hanging out. Our room was disgusting. It smelled bad, as if it used to be a smoking room and was doused with perfume. Tacky furniture. Old kitchen appliances. An old TV. Dirty carpet. I walked straight back to the lobby, got a refund and headed to a more habitable hotel. We paid an extra $25 that night, but, it was well worth it.

The girl at the desk promptly issued a refund and said "sorry".

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The conditions you described at our hotel are unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that the furniture, doors and window screens were in such disarray. We currently have a team at the hotel working to address these specific conditions.

Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. I would be happy to speak with you further. If you would like, please contact me directly, at afimowicz@extendedstay.com. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us. Thanks again!

46 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

The location was great and was easy to get from their to anywhere The staff couldn't have been nicer and responded to my every request. There were many restaurants in close proximity to choose from if I didn't choose to cook. I would definitely recommend staying here to anyone. Terri the young lady who worked nights was always available to answer any questions I had and certainly a great asset to Homestead.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Rob D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you so much for sending your wonderful comments about our Hotel and Terri. She is a great employee and does her very best to help each and every guest. I am so happy you were able to inrteract with her and see her great work ethic. Thank you so much for choosing us and we will see you next time.
Charlottesville, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

The bathroom was nasty with hair and god knows what else. I did not even want to walk around my room without shoes. There was a large dog upstairs that would not stop barking and kept me up all night. No room serivce, no amenities worth staying here. Go somewhere else!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
"I recently received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to respond. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I originally booked the Extended Stay in Dulles, but found this location to be minutes away from the Chantilly Expo Center (where I was working for the week). They effortlessly changed my reservation and I was all set! I always seek out Extended Stay & Homestead Studio Suites when in town on business. The room has great beds, pillows and best of all a small kitchen! Perfect for the $$$ conscious small-business traveler. Nothing better than saving money on unhealthy, overpriced fast food! I especially like the convenience of parking steps from my room door. The staff did a great job of checking me in! My only issue was (see pics) the room needs a Spring Cleaning. Dirty windows, "sooty" cobwebs, and "crusty" bathroom vent. I'll be back in Chantilly in the Fall and I'm confident Mgmt. will have these issues resolved! I'll be happy to upgrade my rating at that point!

Room Tip: Ask for room opposite expressway....
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Ithaca, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Only $54 per night and I got my own kitchen with oven, fridge, dishes, dish rack etc., free Wi-Fi with good speed and a comfy bed. Everything was clean and ergonomic. I loved that! And I will definitely come and stay there again if I visit Washington, D.C., in the future.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Rob D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. I am so happy to hear you found great Value in our Hotel. I know you have many choices for your travel and am so happy you enjoyed the Homestead. We look foward to your return on your next visit in our area.
Occoquan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I have stayed at Homestead Studio Suites several times over the past few years. Each and every time has been excellent. The studio has always been comfortable and stocked with everything I could possibly need. Kathy, the manager has been excellent in providing with me the best service. I didn't realize people cared and gave such wonderful service any more.
Homestead Studio Suites went through renovations and the staff made sure I was not inconvenienced in any way. If I hadn't seen the improvements, I would not have known renovations were taking place. The renovations have only made the Suites more beautiful than before. Homestead Studio Suites is conveniently located to dining, theatre and all manor of entertainment. Also, Dulles International Airport is 10 mins. away. If I were not able to stay at Homestead Studio Suites when I have need of accomodations in the area, I would be very disapointed.
Thanks so much to Kathy and all of the staff at Homestead Suites in Chantilly, VA

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Rob D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
So nice to hear all the wonderful comments about our Hotel.Kathy is a wonderful Manager and works so hard to make our guests happy! Thank you for taking the time to submit your compliments. I am so happy to hear that we have made our Hotel your "home away from home" We look foward to seeing you on your next visit.
Chantilly, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

During my stay here at Homestead studio suites, I have received nothing less than excellent service. From the Manager kathy very helpful as well in my time of needs, to the staff at the front desk, as well as the Housekeepers staff. My stay has truly been great. Kathy manager and terri heather michelle have helped numerous times when I had any time requests. they all made me to fill like home while I was away. I will always return to this location.

Room Tip: upper floor
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Rob D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review. Kathy and her team do their very best to make all our guests have a "home away from home" Please visit us again on your next trip.

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly? Share your experiences!