“Informed boss that place was a dump.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4504 Brookfield Corporate Drive, Chantilly, VA 20151 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites Dulles Chantilly)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #13 of 14 hotels in Chantilly
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Informed boss that place was a dump.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2011

We routinely travel for our job that sometimes have us a three different sites during a week. This is by far the worst place we have stayed in to date. I understand budget constraints and I don't expect to be put up in the Ritz by my employer, however, after discussion, he agreed that our company will no longer do business here. Not enough room to describe how bad the place is. Bed sinks in middle. Cobwebs in bathroom ceiling area. In desperate need of re-carpeting, re-painting, etc. Extra charge for wi-fi is ridiculous. Must have been problems with the closet doors, because they removed them and left the track behind so you could cut your foot. Sorry, a working man can't wait a week to get new towels, service, etc.

Room Tip: Best tip I can give is to steer clear of this pla.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

50 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Eatontown, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2010

My husband is staying here for local contract business and we were worried about the quality of the hotel after reading the reviews. I must say, when we arrived (I was helping to get him supplied), we were pleased with the friendliness of the front desk clerk-very efficient and friendly. I was hoping that the room was a little bigger, with a separate work area, but overall we were both pleased with the layout. Many of the other extended stays offer more, but they also cost more, and for the price, we can't complain. Upon investigation, the refigerator door would not seal closed and the closet sliding door was totally off kilter. I was told that maintenance doesn't work weekends, but that on Monday it would be fixed. Sure enough, on Monday night my husband came "home" to a brand NEW refrigerator and a working closet. The guy even transferred all his food to the new refrigerator! Then, the next day, a switch stopped working and a kitchen bulb blew out. Again, fixed in less than 24 hours.
There IS cleaning service included, once a week, and my husband tells me that she did a fantastic job.The only negatives are an extremely old tv, with Very limited channels available, and a barely working remote. However, that is something he will be questioning them about in the future. Overall, this hotel is the cheapest in the area, but with fewer amenties than the higher priced ones. But, the staff is great and the room was actually better than we expected!.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Athens, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2010

My experience at this hotel was nothing like those of any of these other reviews. My friends and I arrived for the Stewart/Colbert rally and found the staff to be courteous and generally helpful. The room was clean, as was the bathroom, and the kitchenette was stocked with dishes. My only complaint: when our bathroom light burned out--which was almost immediately--the staff did not have a replacement, and did not replace it for the duration of our stay (two days). We took showers in utter, soul crushing darkness. Pooping is more complicated in the dark :/

Generally a good value for the money!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Houston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2010

I've seen Motel 6's and Super 8's better than this place. Extended Stay hotels should review this motel and make changes. I give this motel 1 star just for location and being barely within the D.C. metro area. And that's generous.

I knew something was wrong when I pulled up and saw a sea of trailers, RVs and electric power company trucks. It felt like a campground or a construction site, not a motel. City contractors must be getting a long-term rate there with so many trucks on property. Then there were the abandoned vehicles on-site. Right next to my car in front of the motel was an SUV with a blown-out side window and back tire. Leaves collecting on it signaled that this vehicle had been there since the last winter (i.e. at least six months). No effort had been made to tow the vehicle. Lighting is horrible so I would not want to walk around at night.

Shared Wifi was extra which is ridiculous considering cost of room, and even shared wifi means bad internet service because everyone is on it. Dedicated wifi for yourself in your room was even more expensive. Note that most D.C. motels and hotels do this to squeeze extra dollars from tourists and convention attendees.

No supplies like shampoo in rooms, it was only at the front desk after you realized you were in the shower and there was no shampoo. Nothing was said about this at front desk when checked in.

No continental breakfast, just (nothing special) coffee in room. I didn't even want to try the coffee in the room.

No maid service (unless you want to have that at an extra $5 or $10 a day). Nothing was said about this at front desk when checked in. I only realized it on the first day after I came back to my room to find the room had not been cleaned.

I will definitely never stay at a Homestead ever again. Too many other options out there with better service at comparable prices.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Manager20190, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly, responded to this review, October 8, 2010
Thank you for taking the time let us know about your concerns. We apologize if there appeared to be hidden costs during your stay. Certainly at check in to the Hotel these costs should have been explained in detail. We will let the local police department know of the vehicles on the entry road leading to the Hotel. To the best of our knowledge and since this is a public road it is monitored for abandon vehicles.

Sincerely
Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2010

Out of 4 stars I give this hotel a circle. After reading the reviews and looking at the few pictures available, I thought how bad can a hotel in that part of Chantilly be? I should have researched a bit more....I will NEVER stay there again! The room was dirty, dingy, smelly, and run down complete with cobwebs in the corners, grime on top of every surface and crumbs around the bed. There were stains on all the bedding and furniture the bed was very old and uncomfortable with a dip in the middle.The furniture was so warn the fabric was coming apart. The bathrooms were just disgusting. I even switched rooms, they were equally grose.Room doors open to the outside, it should be called a motel. They make you sign a no party waiver at check in, need I say more?? The kicker is they actually have customer satisfaction surveys and apologetic responces to bad reviews. HA!

There are so many nice hotels in that area for around the same price- don't stay here!!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
San Francisco Bay Area
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2009

I needed a place to stay near Dulles Airport for just one night. What to say about this place? Frankly, it's a dump; not filthy, but not pristine either; few if any services; boring location. So is there anything good? Well, yes: the people working at the front desk are really nice and helpful. It is fairly close to the branch of the Smithsonian's Air and Space Museum at Dulles Airport; if you have time to kill before your flight, that is certainly a good way to fill up the day!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
Manager20190, manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly, responded to this review, August 17, 2009
I recently received a copy of your review of the Homestead Washington, D.C. - Chantilly. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2009

The room had a musty smell. Bath room was not clean. There are better options around the area. I would avoid going there again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly? Share your experiences!