“You get what you pay for!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly - Dulles South

You added Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly - Dulles South to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly - Dulles South
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   14420 Chantilly Crossing Lane, Chantilly, VA 20151   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Chantilly
Stockbridge, Georgia
“You get what you pay for!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed at this hotel on business for 3 months. I had to change rooms due to mice in the room. My new room had mold and mildew in the bathroom. I was so glad to leave this location. I've stayed at this chain in other states and didn't have any issues. I will stay at another location in the future, but not this one.

Stayed November 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Durham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

On the plus side: There is an onsite laundrette, the rooms are a good size and, obviously, have kitchenettes. Also there is a small retail park right next to it that you can walk over to, which has Costco, Target, Chipotle, Subway, Starbucks and a few other places.

However there are several issues here. On arrival your kitchenette is empty. I mean, totally bare. No plates, knives, pots, pans, cutlery, anything. You have to go to reception and request these things - which is fine, I suppose, it is just odd and an unnecessary obstacle.

The staff member we mainly dealt with was rather unfriendly...she was on her cellphone seemingly on a personal call when we arrived and came across as rather reluctant to deal with our check-in at all. On the other occasions we dealt with her she also seemed like she really didn't want to be there...which is understandable (I work retail, I know how it feels and I don't have to be on all night), but at the same time it doesn't make for the best visitor experience. That said on the brief occasions I encountered other staff members they seemed very friendly.

The breakfast...oh the breakfast. Essentially your choices are oatmeal and oatmeal, so we got the oatmeal. To be clear, the breakfast offered is a small rack of stuff they put out in the lobby on a morning and you take what you want to your room. Having taken my oatmeal packet to my room it occurred to me that while I had managed to get cereal bowls and cutlery for the room, I hadn't yet got pans and there was no kettle so I had nothing to boil water in. So I used the microwave. And there is something about eating what my partner described as 'gruel' stirred into microwaved hot water that is decidedly unglamorous.

Room service is once a week, which is fine except you don't get enough towels so you will have to go request fresh ones. There is free wifi but it is generally really slow.

All this would be fine if it was cheaper, but for the price you are paying to stay here you are better off just staying in a normal hotel and eating out. I suppose if you are staying really long term this might be right for you, but I would suggest shopping around.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly - Dulles South, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our location and our laundry facilities during your visit with us. Still, I apologize that you were not pleased with our grab-and-go breakfast, or front desk staff member and our new kitchenware policy. Your comments will be very useful as we continue to improve our guest experience. Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. We hope that you will stay at our hotel, or any of our other brand locations in the future.
Calgary, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2014

First time at an Extended Stay America and I doubt I will ever book one again. Had an early morning flight out of Dulles so changed to this hotel from one reserved in Leesburg. Should have stayed with my first choice. To begin with paid way too much given the quality of the hotel. Room was not particularly clean. Only 3 bath towels and one of them was dirty. Door to room appeared to have been damaged and then badly repaired. Toilet looked as if it was 20 years old - stained and needs to be replaced - new toilet seats are not that expensive. Windows were filthy. Noise from outside well into the night. Would not recommend particularly to a woman travelling on her own.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly - Dulles South, responded to this review, October 9, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. Please know that we are sincerely sorry for the condition of your room. The cleanliness and maintenance issues you described with your door, toilet, and windows are unacceptable. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I am working with my maintenance staff to make repairs and replacements as necessary to improve the quality of our rooms. As well, I have met with our housekeeping staff to review our cleanliness standards to ensure that we are providing all guests with a clean room. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I would be happy to speak with you further. If you would like, please contact me directly, at dcy@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.
Telford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2014

We were working in the area for 3 weeks and this place was the ideal location for us and gave us a 5 minute daily commute which was great. However the real bonus was the people who work there and some of the long term residents. The flexibility of being able to do some home cooking and laundry was another bonus.

Room Tip: considering how close it is to the airport we rarely heard any noise
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly - Dulles South, responded to this review, September 18, 2014
Mike - We want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. We strive to provide our guests with a "home away from home" experience, and it sounds like we did just that during your stay. We are so glad that you enjoyed our staff and amenities.

We would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Columbus, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

This Extended Stay is newer so it has new furniture, carpet, and appliances. There is no work out room at this location, but it has a Target, Cosco, and several restaurants within walking distance. The area is safe, I did went on some evening runs with no concerns about security. I would stay here again when coming back to the area. The staff were great and the property is maintained very well.

Room Tip: I got a king bed for the same price as a queen. The padded headboard was a nice improvement from ot...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly - Dulles South, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We are glad that you enjoyed our hotel and our convenient location. We are proud of our staff for providing you with quality service.

Thank you again for your kind review. We hope to see you again soon.
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

Overall, it's a nice hotel in a pinch, but there were some issues.
On the good side, the rooms were spacious and clean, the staff was friendly and wifi is fast and free. Also, there are two great restaurants conveniently in walking distance.
On the bad side: They don't tell you about the pet policy when you check in EVEN THOUGH you have your dog with you. I was surprise charged for him later. Awful!
The Grab and Go breakfast is a joke: Unhealthy choices such as cheap granola bars and awful muffins. I'd suggest some Grab and Go breakfast sandwiches and juice choices.
Also, the channel selection is TERRIBLE. There are only about 12 channels and they're essentially all news.
Not a great place for kids.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly - Dulles South, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. We are sorry to hear that you were not properly informed of our pet policy and that our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your standards. We offer coffee, muffins, granola bars, oatmeal, and fresh fruit for our guests that do not have time to cook in their fully equipped kitchens. We will look in to offering more options for our guests. We will also review your feedback with our front desk staff to make sure we are fully informing our guests of our policies during check-in.

We use feedback, such as yours, to continuously improve our guest’s experience. Thank you again for your comments. If we can be of further assistance to you, please contact us directly at dcy@extendedstay.com.
Seattle, Washington, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

I'm not a picky person. There are other hotels in the area of same value with much cleaner rooms, actually existent services, friendlier staff, better breakfast, fitness facility, etc. From my experience, #14 of 14 hotels in chantilly is probably accurate.

• Stayed July 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly - Dulles South, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am so disappointed to read that your room was not clean and that the service you received was poor. I will be sharing your comments with my staff and reviewing cleanliness standards and customer service standards so that your experience is not repeated. As well, I regret to hear that our grab-and-go breakfast and fitness facility did not meet your expectations. Your feedback will be useful to us as we continually work to improve our hotel. Thank you again for bring this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at dcy@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly - Dulles South? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly - Dulles South

Address: 14420 Chantilly Crossing Lane, Chantilly, VA 20151
Location: United States > Virginia > Fairfax County > Chantilly
Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Chantilly
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly - Dulles South 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Extended Stay, Orbitz, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly - Dulles South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Chantilly
Extended Stay America Chantilly
Chantilly Extended Stay

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly - Dulles South, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.