“clean, quiet, and relaxing” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly - Dulles South

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly - Dulles South to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly - Dulles South
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   14420 Chantilly Crossing Lane, Chantilly, VA 20151   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Chantilly
“clean, quiet, and relaxing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

was satisfied with my stay and will definitly check in again later in future stays. The price was a slight bit steep this visit than my last, but was due to the high booking in hotels around the area during this time. Other than that, the staff was nice and room was cleaned very well.

• Stayed June 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly - Dulles South, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Jon - Thank you so much for posting a review about our hotel. It's great to hear that we accomplished our mission to provide every guest with a friendly, clean, and comfortable stay.

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
West Point, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

I have been traveling frequently for more than 50 years. This hotel was the worst I have stayed in anywhere. Dirty floors, kitchen, bathroom, doors with broken locks and hinges that will not close, cabinet doors that are broken, stains on the floors, grout, etc. Bed was worn out, sagged and caused back pains. Towels were threadbare and stained. The only amenity provided was a small bar of soap; no shampoo or conditioner. They advertised free Wi-Fi but when you signed on they said you needed to pay for an upgrade for download speed to allow video or Skype. The room was not even cleaned or the bed made each day. When I asked, I was told I had to pay more for maid service. The advertised complimentary breakfast was a few dry snacks put on a counter in the tiny lobby, with a pot of coffee that quickly disappeared with other guests competing for the same few items - oatmeal, granola bars, and an orange. No tea, juice, or milk. At least the television worked and there were no bugs in the bed. .

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Northen Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

I'm befuddled by the number of glowing reviews for this hotel.

Pros:
- Cheapest hotel in the area, by a significant margin
- Laundry facilities
- Large fridge
- Walking distance to several restaurants
- Staff is friendly

Cons:
Where to begin. I know, how about with the large stink bug I found crawling by my pillow!
- Bugs
- No shampoo
- Tiny towels of the cheapest quality imaginable, and I have a pretty good imagination
- Fridge makes noise at random times all night (ice maker?)
- Poor signage caused me (and someone who came to pick me up) some confusion
- No lobby area to speak of
- WiFi was "free" but verrrrry slow. Ok for checking email but that's about it.
- Clothes iron in room leaked water constantly during use, making it worse than useless
- Loose electrical outlets (room 204, check it out)

Really, other than the bugs and the broken iron, the other stuff didn't bother me too much. Well, no shampoo was a hassle as I had to go buy some, and drying off with the tiny towels wasn't much fun, but that's pretty minor.

Also, though it was a couple days past daylight savings time change, the clock in the room hadn't been reset so I was late getting up. I consider that one on me, though, for trusting it in the first place.

So, the place was cheap in a good location, so if it hadn't been for the bugs I would have rated it higher.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly - Dulles South, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention and I wanted to personally respond. I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed our friendly staff, the fully equipped kitchen in your room, on-site laundry facilities, and convenient location at a great value. Still, it disappoints me to learn that our level of cleanliness did not meet our normal standards. I am working with our entire staff to improve our cleaning procedures and maintenance policies to ensure your experience is not repeated. Please know, while we do not offer toiletries in our guest rooms, we do have an amenity basket available at the front desk for guests to enjoy upon request. Again, your feedback is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotels.

If you would like to discuss this issue further, please contact me directly at, dcy@extendedstay.com. We do hope that you will give us another chance to provide you with a better experience in the near future.
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

Due to the snow storms on the East Coast, flights were cancelled and many of us were rebooked for days later. I have never been to VA or had a stop at Dulles airport. I booked hotel last minute. The Extended Stay was great price over others and still close to airport. After 7 grueling hours at airport I arrived at the hotel. Jenny (front desk employee) was just so nice, personable and so helpful. She knew my situation and probably sensed I was little frustrated but nevertheless, she made me feel at "home" as possible. She provided basket of goodies and I decided to pick the popcorn and a few other amenitites they had since my bag was still lost somewhere in virtual airline world. After I reached my room, she even called few minutes later to make sure everything was to my expectations.

The hotel was clean, quiet, walking distance to Target, Cosco, Chipotle and few other random places. We made the best of our situation and was very thankful that we had no other issues at hotel or the stay. The day I checked out it was a different employee and she was just as super nice/friendly by helping me get cab. My experience with the cab ride (one way) is about $18.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly - Dulles South, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding our hotel and the service our staff provided. I will definitely share your remarks with the rest of the team, especially Jenny.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, hopefully during better weather, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Pune
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Thanks to Extended Stay America Dulles South for an awesome service and splendid hospitality.
My 30 day stay was beyond expectation and very very comfortable. The entire team of Sushil (Luz, Jenny, Lori, Thapa, Mansoor & Wael) did everything possible to make the stay comfortable.

A hectic relocation was made very relaxing and pleasurable.. from checkin to checkout, there were no complains.. very prompt at service and courteous at all times..

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly - Dulles South, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I am proud of my team for everything they do to make our guests feel at home. I am so glad that they provided you with such great service and will be sure to share your comments with them.

Santa Barbara, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

A 6 mile cab ride to and from Dulles airport so plan on that cost if you don’t have a car. I Google Earthed the Hazy Air and Space Museum and picked this hotel as the closest but it is not walkable, the direct road is restricted. So add another $12 cab ride to the Air & Space Museum. There is a 50 cent shuttle between the Museum and the airport and the Museum has free luggage storage. Even number rooms are on the freeway side, a minor noise issue. Amazing amount of paperwork to get a room. Show ID, sign here, initial about 5 other things like checkout date, and no smoking. Then sign a receipt. Nice room with kitchen, full sized refrigerator (which I turned off for the night to avoid noise), toaster, stove, microwave, two desks and two office chairs…nice. Curly-cue lighting but adequate. Free wi-fi and Showtime. The fully controllable air conditioning and heat is nice but again it is a constant on/off situation (as many, many hotel are) and there is no “Constant Fan” setting that I could find.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly - Dulles South, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding our hotel location and guest room amenities. Hazy Air and Space Museum in only 1/2 miles from the hotel, but for your safety, they do not allow people to walk on the highway. I apologize that you found the check-in process cumbersome, but we do it to ensure that every reservation is correct. Still, I am pleased that you found our free WiFi and fully-equipped kitchens to be convenient for your stay.

South Florida, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Don't expect more than a bed and a cheap deal with this hotel booking. I booked through Hotwire's Hot Rate, and after this hotel was revealed, I'll admit, I was thoroughly disappointed. I checked the reviews and people claimed there were bed bugs, rude/poor service, and lack of a proper breakfast.

I tried to get out of this hot rate deal but Hotwire wasn't allowing it. I swallowed my pride and kept my reservation. I will say, given the low star rating, the hotel was very clean looking. My room was near spotless. I had a full kitchen (full-size stove, fridge, microwave) with dishes and dish detergent provided. There was adequate spacing (a loveseat and writing desk) and the lighting from the window was excellent, if one wished to use it.

The cons of the hotel: There was no hotel shuttle to and from the airport; the breakfast was grab-n-go style (i.e. packets of oatmeal, trail mix bars, oranges + apples, and coffee ONLY---nothing else); the front desk staff would frequently leave the front desk unattended, so you'd end up standing there waiting until someone got back; no business center, which was a huge disappointment to me because I was on a business trip. But there is a printer (complex procedure to print).

All in all, I was here for a one night business trip. I didn't utilize any amenities except for those listed above. I could see myself using this again for another '1' nighter, sans business. It's too much of a hassle and fewer amenities than I'm used to having. I would recommend picking another hotel for a couple extra bucks if you could spare it.

Sean at the front desk was very helpful.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly - Dulles South? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly - Dulles South

Address: 14420 Chantilly Crossing Lane, Chantilly, VA 20151
Location: United States > Virginia > Fairfax County > Chantilly
Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Chantilly
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly - Dulles South 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Extended Stay, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly - Dulles South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Chantilly
Extended Stay America Chantilly
Chantilly Extended Stay

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly - Dulles South, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.